What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A new start

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Flower day 10

Gave them fresh nutes, wasn't sure if they needed it or not.
So I figured I would give them a good flush, rinse the feltpots and clean the bottom felt mat.
Ec 1.9
pH 5.9

Rigth now the plants look like a mess, have I have pulled them and stuffed them back into the closet. I think I will defoil them again after 21 days flower, so another 11 days till next foil removal.

Veg day 10

Fresh nutes for the vegging plants as well!
Ec 1.3
pH 6.3

The pH might slide up a little over night, on both res' as I mixed all this up this evening and now the lights out.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
The Ec for the clones creeped up to 1.4 over night, and that was a little too high for them little ones :biggrin:

Taking the Ec down again, to 1.2 and the pH is now 6.5 and we will see if this will improve their health over all.
About 25% are a bit too yellow, the rest are just light green with a few fried tips.

Might take a little longer, before they are ready to flower then hoped.
Again I am putting twice as manny plants onto the flow table, and don't wanna over veg either.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Congratulations it's Cannabis

It's a bit odd, all the C5 mango's that was soaked in Ga3 made it, but not a single of the THHxC99xC99 soaked in Ga3 have even cracked.

But what ever, seeds are cracking and im hoping for the best!

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Maybe try teh 90% water 10% peroxide {normal 3% solution} matey.... lol Nothing to lose. I've had results all over the place.. Long streaks of success, and just bad results on some of the most prized stuff I wanted to pop. Since the 90\10 I've been 100% so far.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Maybe try teh 90% water 10% peroxide matey.... lol Nothing to lose. I've had results all over the place.. Long streaks of success, and just bad results on some of the most prized stuff I wanted to pop. Since the 90\10 I've been 100% so far.

Sorry mate, but I'll stick to the solutions I know.

90% Water and 10% peroxide, is not usefull info. As you buy peroxide in differnt solutions, so you need to know how strong a peroxide to use.

Im using a solution, for tissue culture. It's not a peroxide solution issue, it's a matter of old beans and getting the Ga3 solution correct. As it will be different for different seeds and depending on their age, but nothing will fix a dead seed and we must expect some duds on seeds that is 10 years or older.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Flower day 13

Ec 1.9
pH 5.8

Veg day 13

Ec 1.1
pH 6.6

Ec had drifted a bit up and the pH down, topped up the res with tap water.
Color is not great on all the clones, but they are growing and new growth looks fine.
A few burnt tips :biggrin:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Flower day 14

Ec 2.1
pH 5.6

A bit high Ec, might have to bring it down a little.
I will see how they handle it :D

Veg day 14

Ec 1.1
pH 6.3

They will be going into flower tomorrow!

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Spectrum test 2 weeks into flower

Spectrum test 2 weeks into flower

2 weeks in 12/12 under my Ebay Strip lights!

3000 Kelvin Strips

4000 Kelvin Strips

6000 Kelvin Strips

6500 Kelvin Strips 12 Volt

8000 Kelvin Strips

blackone

Veteran
It's gonna be cool to follow this one. I'm considering building some flowering lights with Samsung Q Series strips. For now I can't justify the cost but I'll probably get some T8 Substitube retrofit to replace my old vegging flouros

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
I highly recommend just a simple screw in lightbulb LED Blackone. Things have came a LOOONG way my friend.. THis is just a $9 7-way splitter, and some 14w 2700k LEDs with the dome|cover taken off {far more lumen\par\umol}. Don't pay $8-10 per bulb at walmart or anything like that though, definitely buy bulk. I got 16 of these for $43 shipped $2.6 per bulb. That comes out to about to $27 for 98w
picture.php

Palindrome

King of Schwag
I highly recommend just a simple screw in lightbulb LED. Things have came a LOOONG way my friend.. THis is just a $9 7-way splitter, and some 14w 2700k LEDs with the dome|cover taken off {far more lumen\par\umol}. Don't pay $8-10 per bulb at walmart or anything like that though, definitely buy bulk. I got 16 of these for $43 shipped $2.6 per bulb. That comes out to about to $27 for 98w
View Image

Have you even looked at my closet design?

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Moved Team Putin into flower today, after connecting my "new" dehumidifyer.

Yes it's Topless Putin Month, been waiting a long time to post this hehehehehe

And here we go, Team Putin in their new space.

Ec 1.4
pH 6.1

This will be a old fashion SOG grow, the plan is growing small fat plants and see if I can avoid some of the popcorn I had on last harvest.
This run I will feed heavy, the drip ring side of the table is on a timer, 15 min on every 3 hours.
The other side, have no drip rings and I plan to let the pump run 24/7 like NFT.

At least for now!

blackone

Veteran
Go Putin Go!
Are you planning on flipping them now or are you going to veg them a bit in their new pots first?

@Dr.Young yes I've considered household LED bulbs. Philips Substitube UO T8 has a little bit more efficacy though at 160 lm/W vs 110-125 for the bulbs (I think... don't know exactly how much the frosted glass/plastic affects output of the bulbs) but more importantly they will cover the area evenly, are plug&play and it will in fact be cheaper because I won't have to buy E27 sockets.

On the other hand it could be a lot of fun to do a total hack with the bulbs - measure their voltage and current and hook the PCBs up to a Meanwell. I'm sure those small drivers are less efficient.