What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Huge List of Early Outdoor Strains

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Thanks for the info!The GG#3 should be the possible most potent out of all GG. But I doupt that you hade the orginal stock from greens/breederbrad?????

Becouse all other GG#3 I have tested is not the same. But but I have find some good early males. I made some (Haze99 x GG#3) that almost finnisher lat 59. I gave those stock to a nice canadian I am sure we gonna see some killer phenoes from that stock next year. If you find the right GG#3 pheno the early flowering trait passes right true to F1.

(Orginal Haze 2005 x C99) x GG#3 F9, 2 session avclimat lat 61. Verry early male. Little hazy pheno
View Image

Another pheno. uGG#3 dominat:
View Image

I am just about to make some hash out of those plants. Tomorrow maybe? :laughing:

Great info about gg3! I got mine from high rise seeds through the royal canadien marijuana collective. The guerilla kush were on clearance but ended up real dank :)

Nice work making those early girls. Looks like real early dank. Did you make any other guerilla crosses? I wouldn't mind having a gg3 stud. Where'd you get your gg3 seeds?

Slipnot

I really do not think there is such thing as a early strain , fast flowering yes 55 - 60 ay strain or even less where you can get something ..
But unless its a Auto strain, were stuck with light hrs or mother nature and i have yet to see any strains flipping to flower naturally in the wild even with cold droughts.
Even @ 14 hrs of light chances are there not going to flower ..
I live in the Northern Hemisphere where plants naturally flip end of 1st - 2nd week of sept ..
And mother nature has to be on my side to even yield or bring in anything.
because 4 weeks in my temps can be below not even growing a plant that cold

last year i harvested out door Nov 18th temps were minus 12
This year sept 30th i had a foot of snow and minus 8 for week long DEAD plant at about 3 weeks into flower ..

I have grown now for well over 35 years and again i am sorry out of that time ealriest seen is around 13.5 hrs of sunlight Naturally so anything over 14 hrs of daylight she will stay in Veg
That is the problem second week of Sept growers are still at over 13 hrs of light and lossing light @ 6 mins a day

I am just saying

Golli

I really do not think there is such thing as a early strain , fast flowering yes 55 - 60 ay strain or even less where you can get something ..
But unless its a Auto strain, were stuck with light hrs or mother nature and i have yet to see any strains flipping to flower naturally in the wild even with cold droughts.
Even @ 14 hrs of light chances are there not going to flower ..
I live in the Northern Hemisphere where plants naturally flip end of 1st - 2nd week of sept ..
And mother nature has to be on my side to even yield or bring in anything.
because 4 weeks in my temps can be below not even growing a plant that cold

last year i harvested out door Nov 18th temps were minus 12
This year sept 30th i had a foot of snow and minus 8 for week long DEAD plant at about 3 weeks into flower ..

I have grown now for well over 35 years and again i am sorry out of that time ealriest seen is around 13.5 hrs of sunlight Naturally so anything over 14 hrs of daylight she will stay in Veg
That is the problem second week of Sept growers are still at over 13 hrs of light and lossing light @ 6 mins a day

I am just saying

Yes there is. Brickland is a strain that have flowering trait that can trigger when the sun is turning. 22.july Depens on pheno.

And the GG#3 genetic are inbreed to canada lat 52 ish F7
And those greens/breederbrad did know verry good what they wantet. They wantet a strain that flower even when it is 16Hours light.

It is alot of Early good strains out there! Canada my friend:tiphat:

Golli

Great info about gg3! I got mine from high rise seeds through the royal canadien marijuana collective. The guerilla kush were on clearance but ended up real dank :)

Nice work making those early girls. Looks like real early dank. Did you make any other guerilla crosses? I wouldn't mind having a gg3 stud. Where'd you get your gg3 seeds?

After what I have read they dont have orginal GG#3. But should be verry good after what people say. The orginal stock was faster phenoes. I think it is better strains out there. But as a breeding tool for north people it is really good :)

No I did not make anny more seed with the male. I gave away my last seeds start of this session. Wantet to focus on new genetic. I did make some crosses with (haze99)xGG#3 pollen Thoe ^
Wantet to see if the flowering trait still going to next cross since this is so strong gen it looks. If it goes like this it would be amazing!!!!

It is so amazing to experiment with this plant/genetics! Floweringtraits is verry interresting:tiphat:

Slipnot

In nature, cannabis plants (excluding ruderalis) begin to flower in the late Summer and early Fall. When the days start to become shorter and the nights longer, flowering signals are triggered by photoperiodism,
In laymans terms
Cannabis plants are referred to as long night or short day plants, because they require a long period of darkness to trigger the hormones that tell the plant to switch from vegetative growth to flowering. These light receptors are color pigments in the leaves called Phytochrome Red (PR) and Phytochrome Far Red (PFR). These pigments get their names from the types of light they absorb. PR absorbs red light between 660 and 760 nm and PFR absorbs far red light between 760 and 800 nm. These two pigments chemically react to the light, and trigger the plant to flower or not.

Golli

Interresting. This is possibility how they avclimat over pretty short time those plants can adept pretty fast to the climat they grow into.

Golli

@Golli, i dont take it, what do Y mean..? :|

:tiphat:

I was thinking if you live at lat 60 and only grow outside. Would you be possible to choose all those strains then? Or maby you are on even higher lat for what i know? heheh Or you might work with autoflowering plants?

Me trying to scramble up to 50 post here :)

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Than you for the list man , it saves a lot of work

Yeah, but what we learned a few pages back in the thread was that most breeders do not disclose their testing latitudes outdoors which directly affects the plants flowering time. So, some of those cultivars on the list will flower early but some will not. It mostly depends on your latitude. It seems like grow journals, local reports, and actual trial and error are the only way to determine what will flower early and on time at your latitude.

After what I have read they dont have orginal GG#3. But should be verry good after what people say. The orginal stock was faster phenoes. I think it is better strains out there. But as a breeding tool for north people it is really good :)

No I did not make anny more seed with the male. I gave away my last seeds start of this session. Wantet to focus on new genetic. I did make some crosses with (haze99)xGG#3 pollen Thoe ^
Wantet to see if the flowering trait still going to next cross since this is so strong gen it looks. If it goes like this it would be amazing!!!!

It is so amazing to experiment with this plant/genetics! Floweringtraits is verry interresting:tiphat:

What new genetics will you be working with?

Golli

Hey Bradley!

IA x SWS
IA x Brickland
IA x (haze99xgg#3)
IA x Fire99 (fire not from iogrinal stock highrise. But from a verry nice member here. ANd those fire was early and this particular male was flowering on 18H light and was also the best smelling plant from the start!)
IA x Orginal haze
Bricklandx sws
Brickland x Fire99
Bluevelvet x (haze99xGG#3)
Hunza x (haze99xGG#3)
Bluevelvet x Brickland
Hunza x Brickland

Some of the genetic I test indoor atm :)

Golli

I do a little test atm indoor. Running on 24/7 light cycle. WHen genetic showg sex I gonna turn down to 18/6. If something starts to flower it would be verry exciting!

Reckless

Yeah, but what we learned a few pages back in the thread was that most breeders do not disclose their testing latitudes outdoors which directly affects the plants flowering time. So, some of those cultivars on the list will flower early but some will not. It mostly depends on your latitude. It seems like grow journals, local reports, and actual trial and error are the only way to determine what will flower early and on time at your latitude.

It also depends on the time the plant was sowed and the size of the plant. A 5 footer will ripe a lot faster than a 10, all things being equal (same clone, same environment ect..)

I also experienced something really interesting, that I'm gonna share with you here.

Two years ago, I decided I would give my Blueberry mother a shot outdoors, so I picked a cutting, rooted it and put it inside a small greenhouse at beggining of April.
I made a run indoors and 2 month later I decided I would put another one. Same mother, same location, same fertilizers, but obvioulsy smaller pot. She was rooted around June 1rst so I put it outside.

The plant sowed early April ended up 8 feet tall, 4 feet wide.
The plant sowed early June was smaller, but still 6 feet tall and 3 feet wide.

But the thing is, on the later sowed plant, buds showed up earlier than on the bigger one. At early-mid July, the plant was already flowering, instead of Early August for the other one.

And by the time temperatures started to fall (late september here) the smaller plant was completely ripe, while the other needed a month more.
I harvested the smaller one, 600+g with tight buds well formed

I put the other one under bamboos and plastic foil, and added a heater for the night.
And this plant, which was a lot bigger, yielded as much as the smaller plant, but the quality wasn't nearly as good.
Because the Sun is a lot more powerful early in the season.

When the equinox hit, the small plant understood that days were shortening and that she needed to bloom, while the other kept growing....

So, my modest experience tells me that growing to early is actually counter-productive.
I think ideally, the plants should be grown indoors until mid June, gradually reducing the hours of light (18-16-13...) and by the time equinox comes, she's ready to flower.
Would also be interesting to try the Gas Lantern method, as it is known to produce a lot of flowering hormones in the plants tissues.

Greetz from Southern Europe
;)

Golli

Reckless: Thank you for sharing! What kind of Blueberry plant do you have?
Verry interresting and I see alot of canadian also talk about this. The bigger the plant get the later the rot hormone trigger.

Reckless

This is Dutch Passion's Blueberry Reg, very good producer, swollen calyxes with grape style buds, and a sweet dreamy, relaxing high bordering on the couchlock.

Yes exactly, but also the problem when planting in spring is the daylight lengthening, so when days shorten the flowering-window is delayed

Golli

NIce! I have a blueberry my self. Might do something experimenting with it. Do not remember orginal stock. But this was most blueberry smell out of 30. Smell just like blueberry.

Sour Wonder Skunk. BearHill Seed Co

Thanks! :)
A little pice from hash session from those haze99x gg#3:
FKswNyG.jpg