What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nordic/Danish outdoor strains and genetics

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
heres a thread about the Nordic/Danish outdoor strains and genetics that i hope will be able to answer those many questions about the genetics that we grow here

Denmark is at the 55/56 northern latitude
its btw almost the same latitude as BC in Canada ( 45 and up i think) and with somewhat similar climate which means most genetics from BC goes well here and the other way around.

to combat the harsh weather here our strains and genetics have been acclimatized, selected and bred for several generations, resulting in early, potent and mold resistant genes.

most exotic strains and genetics arent able to finish here cause of the weather with rain and frost in the end of the season.
but we have good results crossing the exotic strains with some of our early mold resistant genes.

most our early genes from here has a tendency to be Semi auto flowering due to the earliness in the genes
its hard to keep a good mother for several generations but its sometimes possible if they have good large pots with good root space and gets plenty of fertilizer with a high Nitrogen content and avoiding any stress conditions
its a price we have to pay for being able to flower them here as they have to be ready for harvest at end of October at the latest for them to be able to finish without melting away in mold but earliness isnt the only factor and some degree of mold resistance is also vital for them to fight against the often very rainy weather starting from mid September and forward.

my hopes for this thread is to shed some lights on the strains and genes we grow here
to collect vital info that theres out there but not collected in one place

ill post some info regarding the strains and crosses i know but i hope ppl will share their info also so the thread can be updated with as much info as possible.

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
reserved for strain description and genetic info about our favorite strains and crosses grown here

Afghan, Nordic Outdoor:
Originally bought in Holland and grown outside by a danish grower called Phreakersphun/DignityX for several generations.
its also sold by a danish seed bank called DCF.

its a medium yielder but its very sticky and potent and with great mold resistance
it finishes here start to mid October
it also has some purple phenoes.

img0331xft7.jpg

img0330xo8.jpg

Big Bud
Grown here for some seasons
big yields but still some mold problems in wet seasons and shady spots
finishes mid October

Danish Passion:
passion#1 grown here in Denmark for many years and along the way also crossed with a skunk#1
is a medium sized plant perfect for guerrilla
its very sticky, potent perfect for using in crosses also and its harvested in Denmark be the end of September.

8344danish_passion_210907_harvest_jpg000000.jpg

8344danish_passion_210907_harvest_jpg6.jpg

8344danish_passion_210907_harvest_jpg0000000000.jpg

All DP pix by Esbe

Early Dane
Unfortunately i have ni pictures of her as i had a very busy season 08 and most the times i was around to attend her i often hadent planned it and therefore didnt bring a camera
i think she has great potential as the donator of the seeds told me he harvested her in 07 from beginning of August and forward
she is medium in height and yield but have a very nice trichome coverage for a Nordic outdoor plant that early.
she looks a little like a cross between Danish Psssion and Royal Dane.
She leans towards Royal Dane in looks but also has some similarities to the Danish Passion in height and bud appearance and structure.
her smell is similar to the distinctive Royal Dane smell
Bitter lemon with a hint of rotten fruit if you ask me
i think she has great potential both as pure and in crosses bringing earliness and potency into it
the original breeder lost his plants during tragic circumstances and the seeds i have is the only ones in existence so far, but i hope other growers will embrace here and spread her genes and potential

ADDED info and pix or Early Dane
as i unfortunately didnt take any pictures of this early and potent lady ive been trying hard to get the few original pics from the breeder who made them
genetic origin is still unknown but its sativa dominated despite its early harvest date
heres a few pictures from his harvest in 07 mid August when he chopped her
normally they can be harvested as sensimilla from mid august to mid September depending on phenoes
frstehst006rd0.jpg

frstehst010nk6.jpg

top004gi4.jpg

Leb27 aka Lebanon27 aka Leb30
Sativa imported from Lebanon about 30 years ago and breed in Denmark since that.
potency is ranging from below to above average, depending on phenotype.
yields can be very high given optimum conditions and its very good in crosses.
its told to have a very social sativa high, a sure daytime smoke

it finishes here at 55 nl at end of September, start November.

12522IMG_6952.JPG

one 500 gr+ leb27 drying by Maffe

834427031004.jpg

pix by Esbe grown by Paddi

834427061004.jpg

pix by Esbe grown by Paddi

Nepal, aka Oldfarmer Nepal
shes considered a pure sativa from nepal that have been acclimatized for the harsh danish weather for several generations
she might not be the biggest resin bomb but she has other qualities
she finishes here by mid September
she has a nice big harvest and a nice up high almost social sativa high
she might not be the most trichome covered marijuana strain around but shes good for some uplifting pot, good hash producer and has potential in crosses also
she has some variation in growth
some earlier than others, some more bushy and some gets really big

heres a picture from 08 in my garden showing the the "guerrilla pheno"
very good yield for her size and perfect for hidden guerrilla farming

img0327yn7.jpg

heres some more form the garden in 08

img0244kf9.jpg

Royal Dane:

no one knows the exact genetics if RD, but its a local strain grown here for many years and considered among our best strains

its very early and harvested in September here
ranging from start September to late September, sometimes into start of october, depending on how sunny the season is, general weather and its maturing seeds etc, but some growers have even reported harvesting RD in the end of August some seasons.

its told to contain genes from among others Afghan, Chitral and Hindu Kush.
acclimatization and selection here for many years have resulted in a strain that is very early, potent and mold resistant.

its a medium sized plant and due to its qualities its perfect for guerrilla grows.

its got a distinct smell though, very spicy and somewhat sour, some ppl call its smell "cat piss" odour.

it yields above average and it delivers a strong mostly indica high

16466HPIM7154.JPG

16466HPIM7227.JPG

16466HPIM7093.JPG

all RD pix by Esbe grown by Paddi

Thyphoon
mostly sativa
originates from a social camp society called "Thy Lejren" (Thy Camp)
very early and ready for harvest mid September
both yield and potency above average
some trimming work as sensimillia but excellent hash producer

1925117798_PICT0064_122_368lo_Large_.JPG

Grown by pihop on swecan:

19251IMG_1727_Medium_.JPG

By DYR from Icmag

more info and several other strain and cross descriptions to come...

dont hold back if you have any info regarding these and others and maybe also some great pix

Last edited:

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
classic danish and Nordic crosses

Erocket X Danish Passion
this very nice cross was made by Esbe who has a very large experience with Nordic outdoor crosses
very sticky cross with yields above average
its ready for harvest here at the end of September
ive had the honor of growing this both as f1 and f2 and its been a pleasure and the harvest has each time been among the best for the season
ive taken it to f3 and im looking forward to se the result for next year
my hopes as that its possible to make it IBL without loosing too much potency or vigor but only time will tell

heres what Esbe has to say about it
its early, good yielding, jammi flower\fresh fruit smell and a great taste and high on the sativa side. finish here around sep 25

8344erocket_x_danish_passion_210907_HARVEST.jpg

8344erocket_2109070101.jpg

8344erocket_x_danish_passion_210907_HARVEST12.jpg

Guerrilla Gold x Danish Passion
22177GGxDP_4.JPG

more info to be added later

Hindu Kush x leb27
can be harvested here at mid to end October
she can be very potent and give an enormous harvest if given optimal conditions
if your using a spot with partly shade or in a wet season you might want to watch her big dense buds for mold the last 2 weeks of flower
img0328fq4.jpg

more info to be added later

Royal Dane x Erocket/danish passion:
my own cross
needs to be tested in coming season but cant be all bad with those good parents, but time will tell

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thyphoon strain added together with more info and pix for other strains
still more to come as this is a work in progress

feel free to add info and experiences with Danish genetics

E

elmanito

the question is just what is better 500 g red Leb or 500 g Mandala#1 (for example)

cause where a single plant can produce more than 300g there you have many choices what to grow (even in Denmark)

I found these danish landraces to hobby quality by appearance and taste/smell/smoke.

a good 6/10 in my book at overall

son

Whats a good tasty potent strain at your opinion?

Namaste :canabis:

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
the question is just what is better 500 g red Leb or 500 g Mandala#1 (for example)

cause where a single plant can produce more than 300g there you have many choices what to grow (even in Denmark)

I found these danish landraces to hobby quality by appearance and taste/smell/smoke.

son

and im starting to get annoyed with you
ever since you asked for advice on early genetics and i offered my advice, you have been trying to convince us all hoe mediocre they are and that when we get stoned by potent danish genetics where only imagining it
only average potency strain or cross im describing is the leb27 and its because its got a very nice social up high and high yields and is also perfect for crosses
ive grown many leb27 crosses and if you should mention one of the most best yielding and potent outdoor crosses ive tried i would think of the hindu kush x leb27 as one of my first thoughts
like i said earlier i doubt that you have ever grown any of the genetics you talk about.
lets see some pix of your danish genetics grow then with description
if not, and probably so, please crawl back in your pit and learn how to grow, and dont bother serious growers until you have learned some more :moon:

Last edited:
A

arcticsun

im glad i found this thread, thank you gunnar.

fantastic looking plants, so healthy it boggles my mind, i have been following you danish guys and your escapades for some time now on icmag.

i live far up north in scandinavia, and i have been thinking long and hard about using some of your strains to cross back with AF strains to make it work outdoor up here in the north colony :D the finnish guys perakko and curts +more are doing interresting stuff aswell. i wonder if i could do something useful with the strains up here in the midnight sun given time and effort and the right AF strains to cross them with.

its somewhat of a dream or a thought i cant let fly now for quite some time. im a bit new to breeding and outdoor growing tho, much learning to do still. just been doing the old cloning routine for a coupple of years now, and im getting rdy for some new challenges. want to make some strains feks.

anyway, thanks for the beautiful pictures and descriptions. keep up the great work guys.

ill be tagging along this thread, peace from a nordic neighbour

E

elmanito

Thyphoon strain added together with more info and pix for other strains
still more to come as this is a work in progress

feel free to add info and experiences with Danish genetics

@Gunnarguchi
I see some Asian influences in the Typhoon like some South-East Asian varieties if i see the flower structure.Not easy to trim the buds but a very candidate for breeding purposes as this also count for strains like Danish Passion and Leb27.
Thank you for putting info about the Nordic strains in this thread.Its very helpfull.
Is it not possible that Leb27 contains a higher amount of CBD?

Namaste :canabis:

G

Hey Gunnarguchi

Hey Gunnarguchi

As pure strains, what percentage of Royal Dane, Leb27 & Danish Passion turn purple ?

Thx, LBM

THC123

Veteran

Did u grow out all of them , do u have first hand experience with them?

U cant base ur verdict on pics, looks don't say shit. I have had weed that looks full of chrystal with big nugs , that was a less potent smoke compared to leafy outdoor bud that looked like shit.

Don't judge a book on it's cover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

love?

Hi Gunnarguchi, thanks for the awesome thread!

Gonna try the Royal Dane outdoors (@60N) this year myself. Looking forward to it already. :)

Nik Dynosaur

Hey G,

I'm looking forward to hopefully running leb27 and a cross of leb27 outdoors in the southeast us ;) . You said that the leb has good mold resistance which is good because the outdoor plants here are often subject to a very high humidity percent. I have always been very interested in this strain and i look very forward to running it and selecting a good male to make seeds from two or three of my favorite females. Alternatively, as i'll be doing a guerilla grow, i might use one location for an open polination of leb27 to hopefully preserve as much genetic diversity as possible.

After i give her a run or two here i intend to start making a few crosses of my own, quite possibly one to my BEAUTIFUL oaxacan sativa stud.

I will post the results of my grow in this thread. Thank you for posting all this valuable info.

Nik Dynosaur

Dont mean to take over your thread but i wanted to ask you about one strain i've been hearing about. What do you know about litziskunk?

I know esbe did a cross to erdpurt and the pictures are just astounding. Maybe he'll be able to get on here and tell us about it.

Doobie Nyce

upsetting the setup
ICMag Donor
Awesome... I will have to try all of these strains to find the right one for my area

thanks bro!