What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Hillbilly's memoire of organic outdoor grown canadian strains.

Zembretti

Ok I'm a lightweight anymore but not so much back in the day and I liked Moroccan hash back then. Like I said it's not to strong and it's a straight up old school landrace .I was under the impression that Sinai is not all that potent as well and similar to Morrocan, a semi-auto landrace, how is it ?
I believe it works out to 12%o 15%, which for some is too low, but the high is so blissful, relaxing, and creative that I don't care. Quality comes before quantity in my books. Plus it's great breeding stock. My only negative observation is it had tiny orange brown spots on its leaves when all the other plants were fine. Not sure what deficiency that was about for the Sinai. I tried to figure it out but all the pictures of mineral deficiencies weren't exactly what I saw. It did flower very early though so that was a real positive attribute.

Old Piney

I believe it works out to 12%o 15%, which for some is too low, but the high is so blissful, relaxing, and creative that I don't care. Quality comes before quantity in my books. Plus it's great breeding stock. My only negative observation is it had tiny orange brown spots on its leaves when all the other plants were fine. Not sure what deficiency that was about for the Sinai. I tried to figure it out but all the pictures of mineral deficiencies weren't exactly what I saw. It did flower very early though so that was a real positive attribute.
Sounds great I think I'm gonna give it a go, TRSC described it as having two phenos one sativa and one more idica with the indica one being stronger what is your experience with phenos? I haven't really dived into this thread yet it looks cool. Your post jumped out at me because your love of sativas and how you are working on using these semi-auto for breeding early outdoor sativas. Another one to consider is Lebanese both of your favorite seed co have it .And there is also Sudanese and semi-auto Iranian .In my opinion all these show great potential for breeding early maturing sativas for outdoors in higher latitudes here's a few pictures of my Morrocan Beldia one chunky and one shaggy pheno. Beldia by the way also very mold resistant it can deal with soaking wet costal New Jersey’s high humidity no problem .
1705535216680.jpeg
1705535181318.png

Sudanese​

Last edited:
Holly smokes! There's some gold there g-man!! If I could have found some regular seeds of freezeland I would have made the same cross. Tried to do some fems with some STS but took a bad reaction to the stuff so had to abort...
Good luck germing those babies!

Hempdepot.ca for a lot of Freeze x's from Beanhoarder. Regular seed. Canadian company. I used the Wayback machine and Freeze shows up in 2019 as new which means they should be recent seed. Haven't tried to pop any yet though.

eg. of crosses I picked up ($200 for 10 seeds of 10 strains - 100 seeds) :

Freeze
Kodiak Gold x Big Freeze
Nepal x Big Freeze
Deep Congo x Big Freeze
Nigerian Kandahar x Big Freeze
Petrolia Headstash/C99 x Big Freeze

Zembretti

Hempdepot.ca for a lot of Freeze x's from Beanhoarder. Regular seed. Canadian company. I used the Wayback machine and Freeze shows up in 2019 as new which means they should be recent seed. Haven't tried to pop any yet though.

eg. of crosses I picked up ($200 for 10 seeds of 10 strains - 100 seeds) :

Freeze
Kodiak Gold x Big Freeze
Nepal x Big Freeze
Deep Congo x Big Freeze
Nigerian Kandahar x Big Freeze
Petrolia Headstash/C99 x Big Freeze
I grew Beanhoarders Big Freeze x Durban. It was a huge plant, over a lb of buds. Very perfume-like aroma, not exactly skunk but it was very pervasive in the house. It flowered early and was done by Oct 1. I crossed that with Zamaldelica and it was large too, but less stinky and took an extra couple weeks to finish, but well worth it.

Last edited:

Hillbilly69

Sorry Old Piney, missed your post.😣
The pink pheno wasn't as strong as the green, but tasted a little sweeter, effect is similar though, just not as intense. Was also about 10 days later to harvest than green pheno and the plant that had the most mold out of all outdoor ladies.

The pink pheno was a no go for me, the green pheno was way better in many aspects. Would grow the green pheno again for sure!

Old Piney

Thanks, I'll let you know what I get. A little late is no problem for me but I got very wet conditions so we'll see .oh and I like pine !

Hillbilly69

Thanks, I'll let you know what I get. A little late is no problem for me but I got very wet conditions so we'll see .oh and I like pine !
If you like the pine look for the green pheno, much more piney taste. Keep in mind I had the Real Gorilla Seed version of Freezeland. Kwik seed supposedly has the Freisland verson. So may differ from what I got. The Kwik seeds M33 are actually bred in Canada 😉

KOMA_N.B.

Yeah, you could say it's a little skunky. Had family over one weekend and the kids came around the house one day saying they could smell a skunk in the yard 🤣
But it's not super skunk, kind of a sweet/earthy skunk. Nice hash like flavour...
😁😁😁😁 hillbilly69 you are the reason I joined icmag …I wanted to talk to you about that affy…. I first grew it in 1999 lost it in 2003 have been looking ever since…Koma has it in it 50/50 I call it halfy… Hampton calls it hasha …seeing yours is a dream come true …it still exists😁😁👍so happy ….it is the strain that got away from me ..I’m so happy it’s alive

Loriented

😁😁😁😁 hillbilly69 you are the reason I joined icmag …I wanted to talk to you about that affy…. I first grew it in 1999 lost it in 2003 have been looking ever since…Koma has it in it 50/50 I call it halfy… Hampton calls it hasha …seeing yours is a dream come true …it still exists😁😁👍so happy ….it is the strain that got away from me ..I’m so happy it’s alive
And the Pine Pheno. Mmmm. Have not tasted good Pine in about 20 years

Hillbilly69

Oh yes, people hold on to a gem like that. The original creator/sharer Reibsi is still around on another forum. I don't keep mothers, dont have space to do anything but start plants indoors. But am lucky to know a few people who dont mind sharing once in a while 😏

KOMA_N.B.

Oh yes, people hold on to a gem like that. The original creator/sharer Reibsi is still around on another forum. I don't keep mothers, dont have space to do anything but start plants indoors. But am lucky to know a few people who dont mind sharing once in a while
What are the chances of obtaining this plant ?

Latest posts

Latest posts