What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Hillbilly's memoire of organic outdoor grown canadian strains.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
During a good season this pheno of the IAF would do awesome, early finish, fairly mold resistant (better than average), and packs on the weight. Pheno hunting this one and cloning would be best.
And finally I'm not convinced the IAF is an S1 of auto affie. I could beleive it's a cross with AA though...
yes pheno hunting is what i'll did before... x to haze
IAF is a cross between an iranian ladrace and some auto... i guess but nobody knows...
was the best auto i'll found... i've tried GG Auto, GSC Auto, Auto Cinderella Jack and Tangie Auto
Auto Cinderella Jack is also highly recommend... but strong indica high...
look good you final IA ...
M.:smoker:

Rgd

Veteran
yes pheno hunting is what i'll did before... x to haze
IAF is a cross between an iranian ladrace and some auto... i guess but nobody knows...
>and if anyone knows ..they are not telling
was the best auto i'll found... i've tried GG Auto, GSC Auto, Auto Cinderella Jack and Tangie Auto
Auto Cinderella Jack is also highly recommend... but strong indica high...
look good you final IA ...
M.:smoker:
good review

IAF has given me some great outdoor seasons over the last few decades

and the crosses to elites preserved alot of their characteristics

while cutting a month to 6 weeks off finish time

Hillbilly69

My best plant this year, freezeland IBL green pheno. Harvested beginning of september and got more than a pound of rock hard buds that barely shrunk when dried. Tastes like piney menthol and great body stone that makes you relax and fall asleep! Just over 7' tall.
Resized_20230829_203343.jpeg

northstate123

Thanks for sharing and enjoy your harvest.

Freezeland might have chances here in lat 62 to finish. Or atleast crossed something earlier.

Hillbilly69

Thanks for sharing and enjoy your harvest.

Freezeland might have chances here in lat 62 to finish. Or atleast crossed something earlier.
You'd have to find the earlier green pheno. I had a pink pheno that was 2 weeks later and molded quite bad. Both Mighty freeze and whitey freeze were early too, end of august early september...

g-man420

Haha no way unleash da green folk still kicking it , glad I found this thread.

I just found these beauties today !!they are probably almost a decade old but hopefully we'll get a couple to germ.

auto affie x freezeland I think was from smoke alot seeds (breeder brad)

I also found a pack of "peptide" but cannot recall for the life of me what this cross is. It would also be a decade old from udg /rcmc
20230924_124649.jpg

Hillbilly69

Holly smokes! There's some gold there g-man!! If I could have found some regular seeds of freezeland I would have made the same cross. Tried to do some fems with some STS but took a bad reaction to the stuff so had to abort...
Good luck germing those babies!

ost

U.E.L- ultra eraly love. You can find interesting phenotypes. I will try to do more seeds this year. The exact EB looks like the old GG. In the picture is Freezeland from RGS. Unfortunately but there was a lot of mold in the middle of the flowers. I could have cut a week earlier then probably there would have been less of it.
those need to go farther south,someone in the mid west would love , those plants!

Zembretti

Great thread you've got going. I'm an old time grower from Canada .My favourite weed is pure sativas or mostly pure sativas which is a bit of a challenge here. However I've had some success with some varieties like ACE's Bhangi Haze, RSC Sinai and Vermontman's Purple Satellite and Mountain Gold. I just love the clarity of the sativa high and strangely they work for my insomnia as well. Last year I grew Mountain Gold, a pure sativa, and it was ready by Oct 22. I've used it several times and all I can say is it's great weed. Mountain Gold, is a heady cross of Hawaiian sativa and Oaxaca Sativa and smells like lemon cleaner citrus and some other herbal fragrance I can't identify, I've vaped this too and it's a strong Sativa high but no paranoia for me, excellent for watching science documentaries or socializing, without any burnout or paranoid thoughts, kinda like a pharmaceutical upper.

Also, I've done some breeding as well trying to perfect a faster maturing sativa, with some success. I've grown RSA seeds for a while and my greatest success story was with their Sinai. Sinai flowers early, infact it started flowering in early July and was finished by end of September.That was a few years ago but it was a male and I've used it's pollen to breed what I call United Nations. I live at 50 Degrees north in British Columbia. The cross was (Sinai x Golden Tiger ) X (Zamadelica x Purple Satellite). I planted a couple of these seeds last April and the cross developed into two distinct phenos. One that was quite bushy and early flowering, that to my great embarassment I accidently killed with too many nutrients UGH!. The other much later flowering (late August) not as bushy but good enough, that turned into a nice plant. It has a warm, blissful, slightly dreamy, but clear at the same time high, and quite potent. I may continue to grow this cross as it has the potential to be a pure early Sativa that can be grown far north and for a Canadian grower that likes Sativas it may be my Holy Grail, which was my goal.

I have great respect for Angus at RSC, I use them or ACE almost exclusively for my genetics.

Attachments​

• 20231018_083332.jpg
    20231018_083332.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 28
  • 20231021_084331 (1).jpg
    20231021_084331 (1).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 26
  • 20231021_084615.jpg
    20231021_084615.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26

Last edited:

Old Piney

Great thread you've got going. I'm an old time grower from Canada .My favourite weed is pure sativas or mostly pure sativas which is a bit of a challenge here. However I've had some success with some varieties like ACE's Bhangi Haze, RSC Sinai and Vermontman's Purple Satellite and Mountain Gold. I just love the clarity of the sativa high and strangely they work for my insomnia as well. Last year I grew Mountain gold, a Pure sativa, and it was ready by Oct 22. I've used it several times and all I can say is it's great weed. Mountain Gold, is a heady cross of Hawaiian sativa and Oaxaca Sativa and smells like lemon cleaner citrus and some other herbal fragrance I can't identify, I've vaped this too and it's a strong Sativa high but no paranoia for me, excellent for watching science documentaries or socializing, without any burnout or paranoid thoughts, kinda like a pharmaceutical upper.

Also, I've done some breeding as well trying to perfect a faster maturing sativa, with some success. I've grown RSA seeds for a while and my greatest success story was with their Sinai. That was a few years ago but it was a male and I've used it's pollen to breed what I call United Nations. Sinai flowers early, infact it started flowering in early July and was finished by end of September. I live at 50 Degrees north in British Columbia. The cross was (Sinai x Golden Tiger ) X (Zamadelica x Purple Satellite). I planted a couple of these seeds last April and the cross developed into two distinct phenos. One that was quite bushy and early flowering, that to my great embarassment I accidently killed with too many nutrients UGH!. The other much later flowering (late August) not as bushy but good enough, that turned into a nice plant. It has a warm, blissful, slightly dreamy, but clear at the same time high, and quite potent. I may continue to grow this cross as it has the potential to be a pure early Sativa that can be grown far north and for a Canadian grower that likes Sativas it may be my Holy Grail, which was my goal.

I have great respect for Angus at RSC, I use them or ACE almost exclusively for my genetics.

Attachments​

• 20231018_083332.jpg
    20231018_083332.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 28
  • 20231021_084331 (1).jpg
    20231021_084331 (1).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 26
  • 20231021_084615.jpg
    20231021_084615.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
When did Bhangi Haze finish just wondering I'm in New Jersey at 40 degree at? Another very early pure sativa is Moroccan Beldia .It's not all that potent but it has a lovely high and sweet taste. It started flowering here in mid July and finished by mid sept. It's available from Ace and Khalifa genetics mine is from Khalifa

Zembretti

When did Bhangi Haze finish just wondering I'm in New Jersey at 40 degree at? Another very early pure sativa is Moroccan Beldia .It's not all that potent but it has a lovely high and sweet taste. It started flowering here in mid July and finished by mid sept. It's available from Ace and Khalifa genetics mine is from Khalifa
If I remember correctly it was middle of October and it was one of the finest highs I've encountered. For me there was no paranoia, real clear and no burnout. I'm sure you would have no problem for it to reach maturity where you are, plus it was a big plant nearly 8 feet tall....I've thought about growing Moroccan before but have bad memories of weak Moroccan hash from the 70s, but ACE genetics are killer, so maybe it might be worth it.

hamstring

Veteran
If I remember correctly it was middle of October and it was one of the finest highs I've encountered. For me there was no paranoia, real clear and no burnout. I'm sure you would have no problem for it to reach maturity where you are, plus it was a big plant nearly 8 feet tall....I've thought about growing Moroccan before but have bad memories of weak Moroccan hash from the 70s, but ACE genetics are killer, so maybe it might be worth it.
Agreed, it finishes the 2nd - 3rd week of October. I grew them from seed in the bush. Hope its ok to post couple of pics on the Bangi. The pics were taken on Oct 22nd/2023
thumb_IMG_2012_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2013_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2014_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2015_1024.jpg

Buzzzzd

a pure early Sativa that can be grown far north and for a Canadian grower that likes Sativas it may be my Holy Grail, which was my goal.
Oh Man - what a treat that would be!!! It would save me about two months of hauling in and out of the green house!!!

Old Piney

Ok I'm a lightweight anymore but not so much back in the day and I liked Moroccan hash back then. Like I said it's not to strong and it's a straight up old school landrace .I was under the impression that Sinai is not all that potent as well and similar to Morrocan, a semi-auto landrace, how is it ?

Rgd

Veteran
Would be taking big risks trying to grow this strains where I am on the east coast. The only pure sativas I'd try here would have to be auto's.
you could make it to mid oct with the plant he mentioned

sativas also will congregate less moisture due to structure

also found that August with very early flowering plants can have more mould than

later ones..

but yes of course eastern Canada growing is fraught with high RH

Zembretti

Would be taking big risks trying to grow this strains where I am on the east coast. The only pure sativas I'd try here would have to be auto's.
I don't think you would have problems except for bud rot if the RH (Relative Humidity) is too high as Rdg said previously. If you grew it in a pot and brought it inside during inclement weather it should be OK.