What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_20230304_210406254_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230304_210412692_HDR.jpg

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I'm having a wtf momment. I'm remembering what a bitch this new upgraded website is when trying to upload a picture to MY albums...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
That F-ing weather man. Suppose to be clear all day yesterday. Had to leave early because it started raining. I just got that roof torn off redecked and papered. I was cleaning up the ground when it started raining on me.

Any way this is how I did the roof when it is steep. Ladder and scaffolding. The top I set roof jacks to tear off. To paper I just nailed boards to the roof. So not that bad to do Star.

I turned the scaffold up so snow does not get on it to make it icy.

View media item 18708130
View media item 18708129

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
And if you are wondering it took 7.5 hours to do that work. In that time I tore off the plywood, cedar shakes under it, nailed on new plywood, papered it, and cleaned up the ground. The lower section I had torn off already.

The hardest part was that the roof swopes out at the bottom. The little return you cant see was a pain to get the plywood to bend and cut to match the roof next to it that was also swoped out.

The whole area of what you see is around 2-2.25 square. So not that big.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers....not seeing where the baby yoda goes...

IMG_20230304_181440473.jpg

up early to go riding,just a quick lap around some trails,and a visit with maggie...she better be happy to see me or my feelings will be hurt:cautious:
otherwise,regular garden chores today,and another round of ignoring the stack of dirty pots. need to check the hanging plants to see if they're ready to bin up..hooray! more trimming! tuesday i will chop the plants in the led room,but that batch goes to the trimmer...i hope...

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That F-ing weather man. Suppose to be clear all day yesterday. Had to leave early because it started raining. I just got that roof torn off redecked and papered. I was cleaning up the ground when it started raining on me.

Any way this is how I did the roof when it is steep. Ladder and scaffolding. The top I set roof jacks to tear off. To paper I just nailed boards to the roof. So not that bad to do Star.

I turned the scaffold up so snow does not get on it to make it icy.

View media item 18708130
View media item 18708129
Dude, that is insane

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I hope you have insurance if you fall you’re fucked
I have medical for life. Through the VA.

But I fell one time 21 feet and did a face plant. Didnt break a bone. I did embed a bunch of sand in my skin and tear a few muscles. Took a two hour lunch and went back to work. A little slower but still went back. I cut out early that day cause I was a little sore. Only did 7 square after I fell.

That roof aint that bad. I was trying to show that to you but I guess it didnt work. lol