What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the deal with mini splits,
they are all pretty much the same as far as work ability and warranty.
The difference in warranty is how it is conducted. Major brands like Dakin, carrier, train, and a few others easier if you're a dealer but if you're not the warranty is pretty much useless. I installed a carrier mini a few months back and had to replace a sensor on the indoor part last week. Wasn't an issue because I'm a dealer but to get warranty you have to do a check list with tech support.
Mho is they all work great as long as they work. When they stop working, you may as well get a new one.

Thanks for the heads up, Generation Grow that I deal with for lighting,nutes,and everything else grow related has a Comfort Star 3 ton out the door for 1700 ,as compared to 3500 for the Mitsubishi.
Difference is Generation Grow treats me right and takes back anything that fails while within the warranty period,and sends you on your way with a new one same day....Maybe I'm better off just saving the cash and going with the Comfort Star it sounds like.
Thanks SJ

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the heads up, Generation Grow that I deal with for lighting,nutes,and everything else grow related has a Comfort Star 3 ton out the door for 1700 ,as compared to 3500 for the Mitsubishi.
Difference is Generation Grow treats me right and takes back anything that fails while within the warranty period,and sends you on your way with a new one same day....Maybe I'm better off just saving the cash and going with the Comfort Star it sounds like.
Thanks SJ

Just make sure a licensed HVAC guy installs it for warranty if needed

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
I have had good luck with mitsui but have also had good luck with pioneer, gree, mr cool, lg. i don’t think you can good wrong with getting the one your ac guy thinks you should get, especially if he is aware of the situation and thinks he can get parts easier for what he installs. Its all about the install but its pretty simple to get right. I have a couple cheap ones that have been running nonstop for 8-10 years. I went with traditional split units in the new place and kind of regret it. They don’t like it when it gets real cold outside but the mini splits never notice.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:watchplant: just got a call from my useful friend who's about to be my boss much sooner than i was expecting...it looks like a license should be coming through so looking to get things rolling with a greenhouse auto crop starting in march just to get the ball rolling...but like 4000 of them...so i guess it's time for negotiations as far as salary and benefits....no numbers mentioned yet,but the word "handsome" salary mentioned....we shall see....i'm hoping "handsome" means somewhere around 100k per year...

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just make sure a licensed HVAC guy installs it for warranty if needed

100% my HVAC guy lives right around the corner ,20 years + licensed,and works for one of the bigger companies in the state.
I've run my cheap 3 ton Midea for 7 years, and he's always been there within a day or 2 anytime I've had an issue,and dealt with tech support on the phone right then and there.
He's quite a bit more for an install than the guys the grow shops throw at ya,but having a reliable hvac guy for install and service is worth it in my book.

And he has the quote from the supply house in hand from the supply house for the Mitsubishi so I dont think he's greasing me too bad on the unit.

Thanks for the good looking out SJ

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have had good luck with mitsui but have also had good luck with pioneer, gree, mr cool, lg. i don’t think you can good wrong with getting the one your ac guy thinks you should get, especially if he is aware of the situation and thinks he can get parts easier for what he installs. Its all about the install but its pretty simple to get right. I have a couple cheap ones that have been running nonstop for 8-10 years. I went with traditional split units in the new place and kind of regret it. They don’t like it when it gets real cold outside but the mini splits never notice.

Yeah the cold is a concern up here , I think it's like 5 outside right now.
I hear ya on the hvac guys advice,he'll install whatever I want,but I know he prefers the Mitsubishis.
I think he does alot of them , so hes prolly comfortable with them.Which I guess is a win for the consumer.
thanks man

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
:watchplant: just got a call from my useful friend who's about to be my boss much sooner than i was expecting...it looks like a license should be coming through so looking to get things rolling with a greenhouse auto crop starting in march just to get the ball rolling...but like 4000 of them...so i guess it's time for negotiations as far as salary and benefits....no numbers mentioned yet,but the word "handsome" salary mentioned....we shall see....i'm hoping "handsome" means somewhere around 100k per year...

See there's a reason to take all those extra cuttings 🤣

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran

It is quite possible Unc And you certainly deserve it…These are the current top of the top salaries in the cannabis business “C-level”
  • CEO: $229,000 to $471,600. ...
  • COO: $193,400 to $320,800. ...
  • Chief scientific officer: $165,000 to $252,300. ...
  • General counsel: $131,400 to $237,500. ...
  • Vice president of cultivation: $137,000 to $281,300. ...
  • Director of cultivation: $93,000 to $186,500. ...
  • Plant breeder: $59,000 to $97,800. ...
  • Director of extraction: $89,500 to $171,000.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It is quite possible Unc And you certainly deserve it…These are the current top of the top salaries in the cannabis business “C-level”
  • CEO: $229,000 to $471,600. ...
  • COO: $193,400 to $320,800. ...
  • Chief scientific officer: $165,000 to $252,300. ...
  • General counsel: $131,400 to $237,500. ...
  • Vice president of cultivation: $137,000 to $281,300. ...
  • Director of cultivation: $93,000 to $186,500. ...
  • Plant breeder: $59,000 to $97,800. ...
  • Director of extraction: $89,500 to $171,000.

sounds like i will be the vp of cultivation...and director....and possibly the plant breeder....

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Unc .....can I use your name on my application as QC consultant.
I'll tell ya right now ,none of it will pass.

I'll have to confiscate the entire crop 🤣

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That’s the most important thing get your butt covered regardless , they’re paying you for your knowledge , experience, and your skill.. it’s in an enormous responsibility to shoulder in a big operation.Especially if things go “south” during flower… my own personal goals are much more humble, thankfully New York is gone legal they’re going to be issuing licenses in 2023 , depending on the costs my intention is to be going for a micro business ticket , specifically under the “disenfranchised” provisions that they’ve written into the law ..meaning people such as myself who’ve been unfairly punished or prosecuted in the past are supposed to be given special consideration.. if I can get a legal license I’m already all set with a potential facility! then I can do what I wanna do and sell to the dispensaries … I should mention that all the local municipalities (including my own) have already opted in for both dispensaries and consumption sites…

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That’s the most important thing get your butt covered regardless , they’re paying you for your knowledge , experience, and your skill.. it’s in an enormous responsibility to shoulder in a big operation.Especially if things go “south” during flower… my own personal goals are much more humble, thankfully New York is gone legal they’re going to be issuing licenses in 2023 , depending on the costs my intention is to be going for a micro business ticket , specifically under the “disenfranchised” provisions that they’ve written into the law ..meaning people such as myself who’ve been unfairly punished or prosecuted in the past are supposed to be given special consideration.. if I can get a legal license I’m already all set with a potential facility! then I can do what I wanna do and sell to the dispensaries … I should mention that all the local municipalities (including my own) have already opted in for both dispensaries and consumption sites…

i would have far preferred to go micro-license but the city is saying nothing in residential areas

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran

You can get a fan cycle switch for around 30 bux to overcome that issue. Most mini splits have on built in.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Yeah i put those on all the condenser lines already. They are 2 speed 18 seer condensers and its trying to protect itself somehow and i have to reset the air handler breaker and the fan fires right up. I am about to replace the condensers.

It does look like they have some more adjustable head pressure fan cycle relays i should try. http://www.hvactrainingsolutions.net...ling-controls/

Sounds like a good opportunity to bank some money Unc.

Last edited: