What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
It is well water, with a pH of 6.7 and ~50ppm tds. I don't have a favorite pH, but when the plants don't look happy, I use a bluelab soil pen as an indicator that something is wrong. Usually around 6.3-6.5 when everything is hunky dory. It's all in a pre- flushed coco, perlite, and worm casting mix 7:2:1 respectively, amended with Espoma Garden Tone (3-4-4) and EcoScraps (5-5-5). I use about 2/3 of 1/3c (really 2/9c) Espoma and the remaining third (1/9c) EcoScraps, for a total of 1/3c per 5 gallons of media. Sorry it's pretty specific, but it does indeed work when incorporating a routine flush. Just wondering why I have to... Seems like there's always a ghost in the machine with organic chemistry. Fascinating though!

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
It is well water, with a pH of 6.7 and ~50ppm tds. I don't have a favorite pH, but when the plants don't look happy, I use a bluelab soil pen as an indicator that something is wrong. Usually around 6.3-6.5 when everything is hunky dory. It's all in a pre- flushed coco, perlite, and worm casting mix 7:2:1 respectively, amended with Espoma Garden Tone (3-4-4) and EcoScraps (5-5-5). I use about 2/3 of 1/3c (really 2/9c) Espoma and the remaining third (1/9c) EcoScraps, for a total of 1/3c per 5 gallons of media. Sorry it's pretty specific, but it does indeed work when incorporating a routine flush. Just wondering why I have to... Seems like there's always a ghost in the machine with organic chemistry. Fascinating though!

I think it is your water. It is buffering itself with your carbonates. After you PH your water it buffers it back to the higher PH. Maybe take a bucket of your mixed solution and let it set for a day then check it again for PH.

That should let you know wether the water is causing it to rise back up because it is acting like a buffer.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Yeah i would do like ichy says to see if the water’s ph goes up on its own especially if you are using any kind of softener. It could also be the espoma. A plant taking up nitrates will raise soil ph.

Espoma has a quality soil acidifier you might be able to add just a touch here and there. I bet you will see it happen more in early flower when the plant is using more nitrogen.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Thanks for the insight fellas, I'll try that. I don't soften my water, though. I have long suspected that my 'AnB naturals' pH down didn't have much hang time. My EZ- cloner goes up from 5.5 to 6.6 in four days or so, but I figured it was due to aeration. I also know the Espoma has Ca in it, and maybe it doesn't get used quickly enough between feedings...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...off to do laundry in a bit and go grocery shopping...ran out of epsom salts yesterday...had just enough to get everyone fed....then back for some cleaning,there's another stack of pots to be dealt with so a good idea to get them done before there's 100 of them to deal with...need to do some up-pots tomorrow so i have enough plants ready for the next round...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sure,you can go on about having a washer and dryer at home...but you can't ride them places so they're silly!

IMG_20220113_144029304.jpg
IMG_20220113_123447651.jpg
IMG_20220113_163801132.jpg
IMG_20220113_171242453.jpg

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
yearly eye exam today….holding steady :headbange got new frames and lenses on order.I am kinda rough on glasses the wife says.
there is a hint of snow in the weekend forecast so we had our wm grocery pickup scheduled but they didn’t have enough help and order got cancelled.
evening folks….got the bed to myself one more night as the wife has had a head cold for a few days but she’s on the mend now. I forgot how big the bed really is….I can stretch w/o fear of rolling off!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Unc...

some nice welds on the bike. i used to weld frames, forks, handlebars etc for Haro brand freestyle bikes. who built yours?

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
yearly eye exam today….holding steady :headbange got new frames and lenses on order.I am kinda rough on glasses the wife says.
there is a hint of snow in the weekend forecast so we had our wm grocery pickup scheduled but they didn’t have enough help and order got cancelled.
evening folks….got the bed to myself one more night as the wife has had a head cold for a few days but she’s on the mend now. I forgot how big the bed really is….I can stretch w/o fear of rolling off!

i understand your position. i've rolled out (been pushed?😃) twice recently. split my eyebrow to the bone first go-round (knocked me out for short span), wrenched both shoulders & back second time. starting to REALLY like my recliner...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Unc...

some nice welds on the bike. i used to weld frames, forks, handlebars etc for Haro brand freestyle bikes. who built yours?

the company is Mone' bikes,but that frame was brazed in taiwan,small batch frames,i believe the tubes and cut and bent here in the us but i may be wrong about that....it's sort of a bmx bike for grownups,the kind of bike that makes you want to do dumb stuff

armedoldhippy

Veteran
the company is Mone' bikes,but that frame was brazed in taiwan,small batch frames,i believe the tubes and cut and bent here in the us but i may be wrong about that....it's sort of a bmx bike for grownups,the kind of bike that makes you want to do dumb stuff

i'd like a bike, but i don't need any inspiration to do dumb stuff. too old & fragile. shit where i used to jump up from going "WHOO, that was close!" i now lie there & whimper, hoping there are no bones sticking out...maybe a 3 wheeler with a basket & the ring-a-ding bell on the handlebars? 😄

Akss

IMG_20220114_115500719.jpg
Well the huba stuff made it here from all the way across the big pond for the potm win... Still waiting on the seedsman voucher but im still hopeful lol.. IMG_20220114_112041437.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts