What's new

A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nope never heard of that but idk how anything could survive them temps...

when i lived in homer one night it was so cold the trees started exploding...that was fun...warning,alaska story coming!:biggrin:

at them time i lived in a small cabin in the middle of town so it had electricity and running (cold only) water...woodstove for heat with an electric backup mainly to keep the pipes warm...i had been having a squirrel problem all winter,my resident squirrel who lived in the tree right outside the door was getting in and knocking stuff off the kitchen shelves and breaking stuff,eating whatever it could get at....so,we're in the middle of a cold snap,-20's in the day,colder at night....that night it dropped to -40...i got the woodstove all stoked up and loaded with wood and some coal,got it damped down for the night,crawled into the loft and went to sleep...wake up in the middle of the night because it's friggin hot in the cabin..the coal had caught and it burns much hotter than wood so the woodstove is glowing orange...so i turn the lights on and sure enough,there's the squirrel....he's got the lid off the peanut butter and is shoulder deep eating...so i grab the rifle that's right below me because of course there's one,it's alaska! just a .22...so i draw a bead on the squirrel,the cabin was tiny so i'm sure to hit him,log walls,should be no ricochet...just as i'm about to squeeze the trigger,the trees in the yard start exploding...sap get frozen and expands,sooner or later the trunk goes...so i got the fire squared away,went back to sleep,and the squirrel pretty much lived in the cabin for the rest of the winter....then an owl got him

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
54EB5196-9E7C-44AE-B510-8775980947CE.jpeg
If the world only just had squirrel problems it would be a better place for us all …found my read , Getting worried there for a second

Akss

Aww poor squirrel everybody got eat though...i see alot of squirrels while deer hunting up in the tree. Alot of the time they will climb the tree next to ya and check you out. Once i had one do that right beside me to my right he would look right at me then look by me look at me look by me im like what hell i turn and look and theres a deer standing there 20 yds from me...i swear he was letting me know the deer was there .. i didnt shoot the deer was just a small buck but i kinda like squirrels now lol

Akss

Lol na they frown on that here...although i know guys that do it and it works well never have myself... Anyway our season is over was pretty good took 2 for the freezer seen alot let em walk.. only bad part was the biggest buck i seen was at 45 yds which is totally doable with my bow but i gave him a nice haircut instead...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers....got a couple bales of medium yesterday so guess what i'm doing today?:watchplant:

still need to go and get a new hose and nozzle,makes cleaning the big trays way easier...should be back in the 60's this week...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:yup, day 4 of anything remotely resembling winter over...62 outside,got the screen door open to let the cold out of the house....making progress on todays chore list,about to dive into up-pots...only like 30 to deal with!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:watchplant: that took a little time...3 hours later and finally done in veg...a sad,sad day....one of my 20oz cups cracked after some unknown number of years so i'm out like 2 cents:tongue:

smallest plants to largest in veg...

IMG_20220104_162934127_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220104_162926316_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220104_162930385_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220104_162946509.jpg

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You got your moneys worth out of those cups… so we’re back into the upper 20s tonight instead of the low teens…I had to turn down my out take ventilation last night because it was getting too cold in the grow room believe it or not:skiiing:

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
:whee:Mac1 literally sells itself … One look and one sniff it it’s a done deal it’s just so damn dank !people actually really really really want it…That’s good news for me..I’m gonna be “that guy” the Mac guy around my area…there’s No competition with flowers quality like this…

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
that was the house veg area...onto the workshop veg areas...i think i got a funky bale of medium a while ago...sometimes it's overly acidic and the plants yellow quicker than i can drag the pH of the medium back up...but everything is recovering well enough...last pic the camera wouldn't color correct so not as bad as the pic looks....need to get in and pluck the shitty leaves off soon...

IMG_20220104_163655664_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220104_164456248.jpg

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those tents obviously treat you really really well, but it just seems kind of cramped for working:chin: