A Guide to Fishsticks

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
180861b4045c1ba868a4e2800bb31ba8

Asha C. Gilbert
Sat, January 1, 2022, 11:06 AM·1 min read

As 2021 comes to a close, a city in Texas had one last unexpected event: raining fish.

Residents in Texarkana, almost 200 miles from Dallas, saw fish fall from the sky and land in their yards or sidewalks, KXXV reported.

"2021 is pulling out all the tricks … including raining fish in Texarkana today. And no, this isn’t a joke," the city of Texarkana wrote in a Facebook post Wednesday.

The city said raining fish is a phenomenon called "animal rain" that happens when small water animals such as frogs, crabs or small fish are swept into waterspouts.

James Audirsch told WCIA he was working at a used car dealership when he heard loud noises outside.

“There was a loud crack of thunder, and when we opened up the bay door, I looked outside and it was raining real hard and a fish hit the ground," he told the outlet.

Another person posted a video on Twitter captioned, "Yep. It rained fish at my house too."
Yep. It rained fish at my house too. pic.twitter.com/NRfT8veXT9

— C’mill™️ (@camillecwarren) December 30, 2021

This isn't the first time fish fell from the sky. In 2017, teachers and students at an elementary school in Oroville, California, reported seeing 100 fish land on the school's playground and roof, according to KTVU .

"While it’s uncommon, it happens, as evidenced in several places in Texarkana today," the city wrote in the Facebook post. "And please, for the sake of everyone, let’s tiptoe into 2022 as quietly as possible. https://news.yahoo.com/2021-pulling-tricks-fish-rain-143441815.html

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
wish all plants were as easy going as this one….drys out, falls over, gets left in the corner and still no issues at all…took cuts from her a few days ago so let’s see if they root easy still. Pre98 Bubba x X18 made by Verdantgreen

Attachments

• photo2099593.jpg
    photo2099593.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 13

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:chin: too bad it's so noisy out in the workshop...it's warmer out there than in the house...it was pretty chilly in the house last night

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...warmer today,if only slightly...back to the 60's by tomorrow...off to the grow store for medium later....hooo friggin ray

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It’s the coldest day of the year here in New York freezing my fucking ass off… so the Dune 2021 Was really good 235 minutes flew by in the blink of an eye unfortunately I didn’t know it wasn’t the complete story there’s going to be a sequel at least so yes it’s going to be an expensive endeavor

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think there's going to be 3 movies just to cover the events in the dune book...maybe just two and then god emperor of dune

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My trimmer lady rules the roost... she pulled four oz of this off one single plant and I have 10 more plants to go... Mac is back in town:flowers2:
Click image for larger version  Name:	20220103_122110.jpg Views:	0 Size:	198.5 KB ID:	18030958
Click image for larger version  Name:	20220103_122119.jpg Views:	0 Size:	166.9 KB ID:	18030959
Click image for larger version  Name:	20220103_122142.jpg Views:	0 Size:	185.1 KB ID:	18030960

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have the book in my library I wanna be reading it for the third time …it’s epic

i've probably read dune in the 20+ times range since the first time 40 years ago...you think the bikes are bad,if i had kept all the books i've read over the years there would be shelves in every room of the house

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
oh yeah....so no more plastic bags allowed at the stores....wallyworld had these weird little paper bags with handles because i guess everyone has forgotten how to carry paper bags...i prefer the old school paper bags since they can be used to cure weed...

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Pretty cold here too, last night hit -8F. It's jumped all the way up to +7F now, so I went snowshoeing. As long as you keep moving, it's not bad at all. We also got about 8" of snow yesterday, so I had to bust out the snowblower. Lucky for me, it was super cold so it was all just powder. Still, it ate up 3-4 hours of the day.

Man, I hate those paper bags! They charge you for something that couldn't hold a handful of feathers without exploding into confetti. Now we just put our laundry basket in the car, and load it all from the cart. I don't really need my overpriced groceries dumped on the ground, or all over the car. What's really worse, no trees or a hole in the ozone layer? The old lady just bought some nice rip-stop nylon ones that resemble the old plastic, in style, weight and portability. I just have to remember to bring them every time, which of course I do not.

Akss

Yep thats to cold... Supposed to get down to 18 in the morning was a high around 32 today storm missing us just off shore which means no snow for us so im not gonna complain...well except for them paper bags they just suck...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:yup,got down to 19 here the other night.....minus anything is too fucking cold...i was outside once when it was -63 celsius...i didn't enjoy it

Latest posts

Latest posts