What's new

A Guide to Fishsticks

Akss

Just cleaned up the veg area was a jungle in there definitely been neglecting it. Got a bunch of clones cut and just in solos of water for now. The akss was doing her auto flower thing again she dont like being neglected lol.. time for some dinner got some growling going on.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dbmh x p40...smells like sdubb. I've found a few in multiple crosses that smell like sdubb.
DSCN0726.JPG

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The pack of seeds I posted were some of the last seeds Dan sent me. They were his side of the gorilla bubble project and where his keeper pheno came from.
I was thinking about passing some to someone that would crack em to see what else may be lurking

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:watchplant:speaking of lazy...all done for the day...had enough...i at least got everything pre-trimmed,actually a bit to moist still to final manicure for my taste,now that's it's all broken down it should dry up enough to work with...that's my story and i'm sticking to it!

grow store trip tomorrow,so bills as well...and i need to go grocery shopping again...so a good excuse to not do any trimming tomorrow!:greenstars:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am the king of lazy. That's why I prune the hell out of my plants.

my excuse is lights on comes late in my day,and i'm hungry by that point,so i just want to get it done...plus i don't really get high during chore time,since that takes a few hours i'm pretty ready to get high and eat dinner...

so short answer,bad planning+lazy= too much larf

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
It is so much faster trimming when you do a good pruning when you put them into flower. And the size and quality goes way up as well.

I don't like trimming so I make sure they get a sever pruning when they go into flower.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It is so much faster trimming when you do a good pruning when you put them into flower. And the size and quality goes way up as well.

I don't like trimming so I make sure they get a sever pruning when they go into flower.

Not only do I hate it I have attention deficit disorder makes it extraordinarily hard to sit down and trim so this grow I went nuts and a hacked away at the lowers , prune prune prune let’s see if it makes a difference

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers.... ummm,i do prune before flower...i strip the plant to halfway up the stalk....i see your confusion,you're forgetting i suck at growing... got a bunch of errands to deal with today,so perfect excuse to not do any trimming today!:yay: lol,it's taking me so long the weed is actually cured,or at least curing...at any rate,an errand day....but only two more days and i should have my wheels:jump:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I think there enough new people reading this thread that I had better post how I trim when my plants go into flower. That way some one does not mess up their plants.

First I need to start with why the way I trim works. You must understand that a plant balances the foliage with the roots. If it is out of balance then it will grow more foliage or roots. Which ever is needed.

Understanding this you will know that timing when you go into flower will cause the plant to grow more foliage. The trick is to get that growth where it will do the most for yield. That is the buds.

So if we want bud we want the bud to be of the highest quality. We want the bud to be at the tips and in the light. So any growth tip that is not in the light will need to go.

With that in mind we need to make sure the stem it is on will support this growth. So only stems that are one quarter the size of the stem it is growing from will do.

Last we don't want to strip the plant completely. It spent a lot of time growing leaves. So we want to save as many fan leaves as we can. So just the growth tips are removed. This will leave many fans below the growth tips to catch any light that gets threw from above.

I like to have seven to nine fans for each growth tip. When the tip grows it will put on 5-10 bud sites. That means you will end up with about two fans per bud when you are done. That is about double what you would have if you didn't trim. That's a lot of light to feed the bud development.

So a recap.

Only save growth tips that will be at the ends of the branch and in the light.

Only branches that are a quarter of the size of the branch it comes from.

And save as many fans below the growth tip to help it grow bigger and faster.

One additional item. I shoot for one cola per 5x5 to 6x6 inch area of canopy. So in a 2 foot by 2 foot area you would have 16 to 20 colas.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I want to make something clear. I am lazy. If you want to find the easiest way to do something give it to the laziest guy. He will make it simple with the least amount of work.

What Unc is saying is he is a procrastinator extrodinaire. Putting something off is not lazy it is procrastination.

I get a lot done because then I can do what I want. I make real good money at what I do so that I don't have to work more than I have to. Like the guys working at the slushy mart do.

I want to make something clear. I am lazy. If you want to find the easiest way to do something give it to the laziest guy. He will make it simple with the least amount of work.

What Unc is saying is he is a procrastinator extrodinaire. Putting something off is not lazy it is procrastination.

I get a lot done because then I can do what I want. I make real good money at what I do so that I don't have to work more than I have to. Like the guys working at the slushy mart do.

Epic

Latest posts

Latest posts