What's new

A Guide to Fishsticks

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
So the puppy thought she wanted to play and bit down on my thumb with the pointy sharp puppy teeth. Well the jokes was on her when her tooth got stuck in a callus and she could get it out.

I damn sure remember what that was like...At the top of my palm, below the base of each finger, the calluses got so thick that they would start hurting if I bumped 'em the wrong way...

I used to sterilize a utility knife blade, and slice the top 1/8 inch thick of them off, every month or so....

Girls usta dig a rugged man's hands...:D and they'd tell me so....

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I damn sure remember what that was like...At the top of my palm, below the base of each finger, the calluses got so thick that they would start hurting if I bumped 'em the wrong way...

I used to sterilize a utility knife blade, and slice the top 1/8 inch thick of them off, every month or so....

Girls usta dig a rugged man's hands...:D and they'd tell me so....

luckily you got married and didn't have to spank the monkey so often you got calluses!:tongue:

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
It's when I usta spank the monkey, that I realized that I shoulda gotten a chef's job and the soft man-hands that go with it....:D

Akss

Shit i i almost just snapped a tooth on one of these..every once in a while theres
IMG_20210604_210416224.jpg
a hard ass one in there.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's when I usta spank the monkey, that I realized that I shoulda gotten a chef's job and the soft man-hands that go with it....:D

i must have had the wrong kind of chef jobs,my hands were callused from being burned constantly and using a knife for hours every day...the alaska jobs were even worse...add in moving 3000lbs of cargo a week,all the boat stuff and other odd jobs...but that was a fairly non-tradition restaurant situation

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
i must have had the wrong kind of chef jobs,my hands were callused from being burned constantly and using a knife for hours every day...the alaska jobs were even worse...add in moving 3000lbs of cargo a week,all the boat stuff and other odd jobs...but that was a fairly non-tradition restaurant situation

I am sooooo fuckin' with you man!

I've been good friends with 3 or 4 chefs and cooks in my life.and their hands were almost as callused as a freakin' carpenter's!

For the first 5 minutes, my comment said "office workers" hands... Then I edited it to "chef's hands" to see if I could get a rise outta you...:D

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am sooooo fuckin' with you man!

I've been good friends with 3 or 4 chefs and cooks in my life.and their hands were almost as callused as a freakin' carpenter's!

when you think about it everything you're working with is either hot,sharp,or happy to mutilate you if you don't use it right...plus line cooking is like doing low impact aerobics in a sauna while people yell at you

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Yeah, carpentry work was almost the same except only the boss could yell at me!:D I'd bean the rest of 'em with a 2 X 4 if they did....

OrgAeroMan

Veteran

If you timed it just right, you could injure two politicians at a time on that slide, and they have the softest hands of all!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...off to do laundry in a bit,then back for some more exciting trim work...got another harvest coming tomorrow already...and it looks like we might crack 100 next week...good times...
and i should have all the shimano drivetrain parts in on monday...only 6 more weeks until i get the friggin hubs!