What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:smokeit: slow day of trimming...i think i pulled the plants out of the drying tent a wee bit too soon...but better than too late i suppose...humidity is pretty low again today so easy to get a good sweat/dry cycle going...making for gummy scissors...

great vuelta stage today...

Akss

Not much on dry trimming but i tried it once when it wasn't really dry enough uggh never again... To much tree time today was alot of action despite the high temps. Still gotta make the donuts better get to it...

calientecarlos

Veteran
Dry trim is great if you wanna make a mess of keif. I rehydrated the outdoor gg4 overnight to make it easier to handle today. Juan day left of trim jail then I can get back to quarantine!!

Chapelle on SNL tonight at least!!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dry trim is great if you wanna make a mess of keif. I rehydrated the outdoor gg4 overnight to make it easier to handle today. Juan day left of trim jail then I can get back to quarantine!!

Chapelle on SNL tonight at least!!
Not if you use a screened trimming try/bin..

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the trick is to hit that perfect window where the buds are dry enough to trim easily but will still sweat back up to proper curing moisture...then you don't lose a bunch of glands...those are supposed to go to the custies anyway...

done for the night,should be able to trim quicker tomorrow,still will have the cherry cookies to deal with since they take forever to dry...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
peanut butter breath

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why not just leave those hard earned trich's on the buds? Give your clients the best product possible. Those trays and bins are for hipsters in my biased opinion. Since you asked..

Not possible.. Wet trimming is even worse. You got 2 choices Trim wet which sucks IMO or trim semi dry. Like I do , Like Unc and others. Works perfectly. I sure as hell ain't no hipster LMAO. No one I know trims any other way then semi dry

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
No doubt in my mind that hanging to dry at 65-70 temp 60-65% humidity for 7-10 days and hand trimming is the way.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
I wet trim over the screen, and get some white blonde kief just from it hitting the screen. Then I carefully transfer the trim to a cardboard box to dry, freeze, and extract with ice water. I never got the hang of dry trimming, I think mine was often too dry and crumbly. Just a matter of preference though, more than one way to skin a cat :)

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Why not just leave those hard earned trich's on the buds? Give your clients the best product possible. Those trays and bins are for hipsters in my biased opinion. Since you asked..

Hey los long time no see!

Those trays are nice for us dry trimmers. Any fondling of the buds is gonna knock trichs off, may as well catch em.

Akss

Yeah not a very big one but big for around here. First heard 4.2 then 4.0 now 3.6 who knows lol started off as a rumbling noise then house started shaking was like wtf... center was pretty close by in buzzards bay i guess..

Akss

Been pretty lazy in the veg area lately gut cuts in cups off water starting to root gotta get the cloner running and do some work in there today if i can overcome this laziness lol time for more coffee and lunch first...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers..

busy day...garden,errands and trimming...at least it's nice out...which also sucks because i'm not riding today except for errands

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
I just took down a wind fallen Doug Fir that was hung up all over the canopy. Pucker factor 10 out of 10. Only infinity more of those to go, lol! I should get at least one 14" Dia. x 12' log out of it that's not damaged. Maybe I'll make some new benches, the ones I made years ago are pretty ragged.

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
white99 x oz kush bx1 - fullmoon genetics freebie

white99 x oz kush bx1 - fullmoon genetics freebie

May very well be the most potent strain I have ever harvested, off for a good and cure then we shall see what's really up. This should be good for people with sleep issues. Grown with Maxi Bloom :pet the cat:

picture.php

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:watchplant: done playing pot for the day...didn't get much trimming done after errands,got too many plants to deal with today...hopefully tomorrow i can get it all done...