What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
got a couple of bikes washed and lubed...kinda nice not doing garden stuff for a day...soon it should settle down here...one last push to get the main flower room set up and full of plants...then things should calm down a bit...

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
^^^^

I'm really starting to feel all the stress just fade away since receiving the phone call that my buddy was safe at home with the goodies...

The season is all over for me and was reasonably successful...

Ahhh, 5 months of winter vacation just beginning is already starting to feel pretty darn good!:biggrin:

Took the Jeep to the garage this morning and ordered a new upright freezer for the pantry...The money is already flying out of my hands!!!

X

xavier7995

Gonna try and talk bikes so I'm not mean to folks about politics.

So...went out for a quick ride today and had this weird thing occur a few times while changing gears that I could use some insight into. I'm peddling along and changing gears as needed, but every now and again something happens and the gears don't change and instead the pedals lock up. When I take my feet off they unwind and I noticed that weird little gear thing (derailluer?) is pulled tight like if you were putting the chain on. Any idea what causes that? The thing that changes the big front gear attached to the pedal has 3 settings, but only two gears, could a missing gear be the culprit?

Edit: my big weed hope is to knock out a seed run for what I use as the backbone of my pollen chuckin (destroyer x ghost train haze). Cold weather has slowed stuff down, males aren't dropping pollen like they should and females are just sort of stuck at the initial flowering stage. Might just stick them all on a windowsill. Dropped my lighting cycle to 10.5 on 13.5 off to try and force things along.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gonna try and talk bikes so I'm not mean to folks about politics.

So...went out for a quick ride today and had this weird thing occur a few times while changing gears that I could use some insight into. I'm peddling along and changing gears as needed, but every now and again something happens and the gears don't change and instead the pedals lock up. When I take my feet off they unwind and I noticed that weird little gear thing (derailluer?) is pulled tight like if you were putting the chain on. Any idea what causes that? The thing that changes the big front gear attached to the pedal has 3 settings, but only two gears, could a missing gear be the culprit?

Edit: my big weed hope is to knock out a seed run for what I use as the backbone of my pollen chuckin. Cold weather has slowed stuff down, males aren't dropping pollen like they should and females are just sort of stuck at the initial flowering stage. Might just stick them all on a windowsill. Dropped my lighting cycle to 10.5 on 13.5 off to try and force things along.

yes,there could be a switch on the shifter that turns it to a friction mode...if not then yes,shifters are usually specific to a number of speeds or chainrings...that what the front ones are called...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
before and after...

last ride was a bit dusty...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php

[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
I also work/live in organized chaos. Every so often it will reach critical mass and drive me crazy until I clean it. My grow room is always cleaner than the rest of the house though, lol!

Coffee and doobie time, then I have to mix up some medium and transplant some clones. Murder Island, an auto from a friend of a friend, and instant coffee until my coffee gets here. None on the shelves at Wally World, but cheaper shipped to my door anyway. My clones have still been pretty slow, but I'm only loosing one max per run. I need like 10 to get back up to capacity, but only have like 5 ready to go. I have since cut a bunch and put them in solos with just water, and some already have nubs. Those will be eventually going into the cloner to fishbone up.

We got like 8" of snow and it topped out at 25 yesterday (19 last night without windchill) . The rest of this week is supposed to be low to high 50s and barely freezing at night! Good thing, as I got caught with my pants down, and need to do a couple more pre-winter chores. I managed to snap 4 shear pins to get out of the driveway yesterday. The plow chops up the pavement and shoves it next to our mailbox for some reason. Then I have to walk the now-useless snowblower 700ft. back up the driveway. Of course I forgot to get those when we went to town as well! I've heard you can use low grade nuts and bolts for shear pins, so I'm going to look into that. Normally it's like $8 for four, and that actually gets pretty pricey when your whole driveway is nothing but rocks.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good Morning ... life continues...

Good Morning ... life continues...

Karma G’s zskittles x lemontini >>>
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...

lots to do today,pretty much all stages of plants to deal with...got seedlings going,rooted cuttings to get in cups,plants in #1 pots to go into #2's,and #2 to up pot to #5,and the 4x8 tent to chop...

at least it's microbe monday so only pHing the tea today...

i bet i go through at least one bale of medium today...and end up with totally packed veg areas...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:watchplant::mopper: got 30 clones into cups so far...should be able to get at least 10 more into cups in a couple of days...better too many plants than not enough...got enough people eager for plants...

and since i found iso the other day i have been scrubbing names off of plant tags so i should end up with at least 60 tags ready for reuse...

next task,up-pot enough plants to fill out a run of 18 and make sure i have enough for the next batch of 18 in #2 pots...and up-pot as many of those as i can and have space for...

the fun never stops!

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
:watchplant::mopper: got 30 clones into cups so far...should be able to get at least 10 more into cups in a couple of days...better too many plants than not enough...got enough people eager for plants...

and since i found iso the other day i have been scrubbing names off of plant tags so i should end up with at least 60 tags ready for reuse...

next task,up-pot enough plants to fill out a run of 18 and make sure i have enough for the next batch of 18 in #2 pots...and up-pot as many of those as i can and have space for...

the fun never stops!

Still way, way better than a lot of jobs. You're a man with a plan...head down and grind till that title is in hand.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Still way, way better than a lot of jobs. You're a man with a plan...head down and grind till that title is in hand.

it's kinda turning into a job this winter...albeit a part time job that pays really well and with flexible hours!

back to it...almost lunch time too...

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Same here, done for the day! I took down 5 last night and have 5 clones potted. Only 38 out of a possible 48 actually in rotation. I have a few that can come down too, but hate seeing bare space as the clones finish up. I also don't want these new 10 finishing
all at once, so I'll try to stagger them in. As long as these mature plants don't get too amber. I've got shit to do, and that certainly wouldn't help, lol!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:smokeit:and done!

except for watering the led room,two 4x4 tents and the 3x3...

good day of garden work...staying the course,keeping things on track...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here is the DBMH I'm trying to save. She def has haze traits I like. Id like to do a better run on her and see. There is another that isn't as good.

Attachments

• DSCN2736.jpg
    DSCN2736.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 5

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OG Mango Haze x Sour Dubble x Chiquita Banana ... Hope to produce some “above top shelf“:joint: N.E.M. (Hammerheads) 9 weeks to go on 70 day 12/12 ... she likes the Coco >>>
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts