What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
lol,well,ok with the saddles may be a stretch,it's more a matter of that shape being the easiest way to transmit power to the pedals...and once you start riding a bunch you sort of get used to it...still after 5-6 hours in the saddle "taint elmo's fire" gets to be a problem...

this is why i don't do jumps...aside from being old and frail!

friday fails...
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/video-friday-fails-142.html

I love watching Friday fails every week.

The year before my first daughter was born was probably my peak for time spent riding and general confidence on the trail. That next year I mostly quit living like a hippy with a bike and started working more regularly. This was also the same year that mtv show "scarred" was on. When I finally got time to ride again it was amazing the amount of fear I gave myself watching people crash and break themselves. It's definitely important to spend more time riding than hours watching wipe out compilations.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i just wrecked a couple of months ago and it's taken me this long to get back to where i was...physically i was more or less healed a month ago but it took another month to stop thinking about wrecking and just ride...

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I only came off the bike once this summer. Slid sideways right over a berm and tumbled. Few skid marks on my elbow and leg. I need shin guards or to start using clipless. These studded flat peddles are amazing right up until they are stuck in my legs. That has resulted in more blood loss than wiping out or occasionally clipping a tree will my elbow or shoulder.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Happy Halloween 2020!

View Image
:witch2::pumpkin:
picture.php

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I only came off the bike once this summer. Slid sideways right over a berm and tumbled. Few skid marks on my elbow and leg. I need shin guards or to start using clipless. These studded flat peddles are amazing right up until they are stuck in my legs. That has resulted in more blood loss than wiping out or occasionally clipping a tree will my elbow or shoulder.
those are just love bites from your pedals! lol

you should try some class three hike-a-bike for getting pedal pins driven into your legs! my lower legs look like i've been in the piranha pool...

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Almost to the end of a dead end, mile long clay-gravel road, and then a winding driveway like a goat trail 600 feet through thick woods to the clearing where my house sets...

I think that the parents are more afraid than the little beggars, to come up to my house in the dark...

Akss

Almost to the end of a dead end, mile long clay-gravel road, and then a winding driveway like a goat trail 600 feet through thick woods to the clearing where my house sets...

I think that the parents are more afraid than the little beggars, to come up to my house in the dark...

Sounds like paradise to me bud

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
My son packed up, and closed up the property for the winter. He is here now, but will be looking for another place, possibly in the foothills. My grandsons are here too. Im manicuring Wedding Cake, and have 28 pots soaking in chlorinated water out back. Just as soon as rest of the plants are up potted, I will be ready to move the 400 watt T5 into the tent in the lab, to keep a dozen mothers ready for spring. I will be running two 630 CMH in the grow room, and may add additional side lighting later.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:watchplant::watchplant::watchplant: three more tents to deal with...then done for tonight at least...need to get 3 more plants up-potted to a #2 pot to catch up with the other 33 plants getting ready for the main flower room once i can harvest the 2 tents in there and break them down and get the room set up...i will start with 18 plants and half the lights going then start the next batch a week later...plus getting 9 more plants ready for the 4x4 tent in the workshop...and at least 4 more for the 2x4 tent...then it will be time to get another run ready for the led room...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:window:if it could only stay just like this weather wise until spring...that's all i want for christmas!

all the various tents are running at the perfect temps right now,and getting a 10-15 degree temp drop at lights off...and just cold enough to bring out the purple...

Akss

Ok yep all fucked up this morning..wondering why my lights are already off... stupid stupid stupid change the clocks bullshit....