What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seriously though, it seems those tubes would be predisposed to bending inward, pinching the tire upon impact. Why have they done it like that? I'd figure they'd want them to bend outward away from your breaks, tire and spokes.

tubes a butted,that means the tubing wall thickness is greater near the ends plus the flare in the middle makes them strong yet able to flex a bit...and a frame is the sum of its parts,it's everything working together...

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
That's pretty cool, sounds like it's better engineered than our car.
Who puts a headlight right in front of the power steering pump anyway? Fucking Honda. I love that they never need to be fixed, but when you have to, they make you work for it.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers

for something different i thought i would go run errands and then do garden chores for the rest of the day...nice to have a break from the same old same old...at least there will be a short break coming up where there's no major task...a very short break since i will need to get like 3 bales of medium and a couple of 4x4 trays here and deal with getting like 30 plants up-potted...not all at once thankfully since i want to space the plants in the main room out by a week so i'm not dealing with harvesting the entire 8x8 space at once...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's pretty cool, sounds like it's better engineered than our car.
Who puts a headlight right in front of the power steering pump anyway? Fucking Honda. I love that they never need to be fixed, but when you have to, they make you work for it.

considering that bike probably cost as much as a car it had better be!

yup,cars are pretty crazy these days,and they'll let any idiot drive them!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

i wouldn't mind having a full squish bike but i also know it's really easy to get in over your head on them...i don't have any real need to be able to go warp 7 downhill...but something with say 120mm travel like a salsa horsethief or spearfish would be nice...enough to take the sting off the chunder but not so much travel to allow dumb stuff like hucking off jumps...

Cuddles

probably more comfy than you would think,plus by the time someone is shelling out that sort of coin they should have a good ass callus going!

:biggrin: lol. Seriously tho. I remember back at college a (girl) friend of mine had a racing or maybe it was a moutain bike, not sure. Aynway I sat on it once and it really hurt!

My gym also has bikes with similar (hard and narrow) saddles. Pretty cool set up actually - it´s one of those rooms where they have a film of roads and landscapes going. Nice. But when I went on one of them (they´re all the same) It hurts like hell and I just had to stop.
:hotbounceEven growing up it has always amazed my how men are okay with those racing bike saddles.

Maybe there´s something wrong with my girly private parts? Too sensitive or something? I´ve really no idea

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
i wouldn't mind having a full squish bike but i also know it's really easy to get in over your head on them...i don't have any real need to be able to go warp 7 downhill...but something with say 120mm travel like a salsa horsethief or spearfish would be nice...enough to take the sting off the chunder but not so much travel to allow dumb stuff like hucking off jumps...

I don't need anything too crazy. I like hitting small jumps and doing my own totally ameteur version what what the people with real skills do. The main reason I want the full suspension is I remember how much less my old GT Idrive beat me up. My crosstrail which is slightly more mountain bike that gravel bike serves me well in most situations. It's not until the trail starts getting really fun that I wish I had a more capable bike.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
And those groomed trails at dte are like riding in a video game. So much fun. If I lived closer or near a proper bike park with a lift. I would justify buying an enduro even if it is better than my skills.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:biggrin: lol. Seriously tho. I remember back at college a (girl) friend of mine had a racing or maybe it was a moutain bike, not sure. Aynway I sat on it once and it really hurt!

My gym also has bikes with similar (hard and narrow) saddles. Pretty cool set up actually - it´s one of those rooms where they have a film of roads and landscapes going. Nice. But when I went on one of them (they´re all the same) It hurts like hell and I just had to stop.
:hotbounceEven growing up it has always amazed my how men are okay with those racing bike saddles.

Maybe there´s something wrong with my girly private parts? Too sensitive or something? I´ve really no idea

lol,well,ok with the saddles may be a stretch,it's more a matter of that shape being the easiest way to transmit power to the pedals...and once you start riding a bunch you sort of get used to it...still after 5-6 hours in the saddle "taint elmo's fire" gets to be a problem...

I don't need anything too crazy. I like hitting small jumps and doing my own totally ameteur version what what the people with real skills do. The main reason I want the full suspension is I remember how much less my old GT Idrive beat me up. My crosstrail which is slightly more mountain bike that gravel bike serves me well in most situations. It's not until the trail starts getting really fun that I wish I had a more capable bike.

this is why i don't do jumps...aside from being old and frail!

friday fails...
http://www.pinkbike.com/news/video-friday-fails-142.html

Latest posts

Latest posts