What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php
:biglaugh:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive been looking to change my cell service from Att. I haven't been able to find a cheaper plan, so it looks like I'm stuck with Att cell for now.

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
Ive been looking to change my cell service from Att. I haven't been able to find a cheaper plan, so it looks like I'm stuck with Att cell for now.
Is Cricket available in your area? They use ATT towers and unlimited everything is $40 including all taxes, if you use auto pay they reduce it down to $35-total.

I've been using them for about 6 years now so that price is locked in, it may be a little more now. I've had absolutely no problems at all with their service.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i stick with verizon because they have the best coverage in the back country...

got all the clones in cups up-potted...gonna be some nice cha-ching from this group...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just got the directions to unlock my cell. When I choose a new carrier at least I have everything I need.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:watchplant: alrighty...finally chopped the a5haze 128 days of flowering later...replaced them with a big ol' gmo...got a new piece of screen stretched to hold things up,and bleached real quick...already almost time for the next set of rooms...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I started framing the interior walls today. The 4th stud I grabbed was 3/8ths of a inch to long. And the fourth and fifth and the sixth as well. So like the studs here they were all long. So I checked the stack and about 70 were to long. Almost a third were to long.

They must be using common core math at the plant. SO that was a bunch of wasted time between sorting and cutting the long studs.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
remember when lumber didn't suck? and like half the whatever you call one strapped up unit of dimensional lumber wasn't warped beyond use? or split if you try and drive a screw in without drilling a pilot hole?

i 'member...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
remember when lumber didn't suck? and like half the whatever you call one strapped up unit of dimensional lumber wasn't warped beyond use? or split if you try and drive a screw in without drilling a pilot hole?

i 'member...

It is called a bunk. And the truth is that most lumber warps because the way it was cut at the mill. Lumber can be cut so the grain is not fighting itself and causing it to warp. But that way waste a little more wood. So they get a few more boards and we get garbage wood that is not stable.

I cut a whole bunch of warped lumber up today into small pieces. Luckily I had enough good straight wood for my door openings and corner studs so they can trim this house latter with out bitching about the crappy framer.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
not a lot of older timber to be cut anymore...just crappy white pine plantation trees...

that engineered lumber looks good though...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
not a lot of older timber to be cut anymore...just crappy white pine plantation trees...

that engineered lumber looks good though...

It doesn't have to be old growth lumber. It has to do with the direction of the grain. If you look at the grain rings you can see that the wood grain is not the same direction. So across the grain from side to side shrinks differently than from the center out. So when you look at the tree rings and they are not the same on each side of the board you know that one will cup twist or bow. All depends which way the grain runs.

And that does not even take into account the grain be cut from end to end differently. That leads to even more issues.

But they do care about grain direction because you lose wood cutting for grain direction.

Anyways with out pictures it is hard to describe. But if you use wood with good grain structure in the right places you can save a lot of problems latter. But it is almost impossible to get wood like that out of the stack.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
And engineered lumber is heavy as hell and has its own issues when you use it.

Unless it is made with goat horn. Then it is the best wood.

Latest posts

Latest posts