What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
She already yields good. It will be nice to see by how much. Not sure if he plans to put them in ground. He uses pots outdoor.

You have GG#4 shes as good or better.. What about Runtz?.

Hammerhead here is what you’reNEMlooks like currently in the ground ..
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
53 up-pots, super wiped! This will be, by far, my largest pheno hunt to date. Half of the CSS bx1s should still be male, which is kind of a good thing at this point. Unless I find a stinker or a frost factory, all will be terminated. I also moved the smallest three of Hammer's testers from the tent to the outdoor patch. Having 16 in the 4x4 is more even and the canopy has more airflow. Gotta pick up another timer...

Attachments

• IMG_20200712_210941.jpg
    IMG_20200712_210941.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20200712_211016.jpg
    IMG_20200712_211016.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20200712_202957.jpg
    IMG_20200712_202957.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 11

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:another trip up to the roof tomorrow...now the damn cooler is leaking a bit...means i have to take the top off and reposition the water spider...

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
I just watered and culled the superfluous veg plants from clone season. There are two phenos still to go. One from the Chuck-99 x Afghani crosses and one from the CSS x S.C.A.G but I haven't flowered them out yet somehow. Nothing spectacular in either line so far. There were some standouts, but none better than either parent, let alone both. I'll just keep sifting through the detritus for show stoppers....
Hammer's testers look and smell super promising, though.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
I bought this "cheap" Hydrofarm Quantum PAR meter for like $170. The stress relief plug on the sensor was cracked, so I bitched to the company and wanted a replacement. They offered me $20 which, of course, I declined. Then the stress eventually took it's toll on the connections and became a mechanical failure as seen in pics 1 and 2. I sent them pics and they sent me a refund. Just for kicks I wanted to see if I could fix it.
The stress relief plug was dry rotted, and upon opening the sensor case, the ground was disconnected. The other leads were pretty birdcaged and beat up too. Their soldering job was pretty shoddy as well. So, I cut them all off, cleaned the pads of wire whiskers, tinned the leads, resoldered, and boom, she lives again! I also wrapped the cable with electrical tape for proper stress relief to stop this from happening again. Now I kind of feel like a douche for accepting the refund. Whatever though, their products shouldn't have to be fixed by the consumer, and I was surprised at how cheap the construction was on a $170 device. Sorry Hydrofarm, but your products have gone downhill. I'm keeping the $170 as payment for my rework, that apparently wasn't worth the return shipping. Make better stuff, or sell it for cheaper. :moon:

Attachments

• IMG_20200713_093910.jpg
    IMG_20200713_093910.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20200713_094303.jpg
    IMG_20200713_094303.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20200713_101818.jpg
    IMG_20200713_101818.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20200713_102148.jpg
    IMG_20200713_102148.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 10

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
The meter was junk without your time and resources and it failed within the warranty period. Their problem - no need for guilt. Maybe if Hydrofarm sold better quality their stuff would survive past the warranty. I had some problems with flickering power supplies on their early CMHs and they covered it as well.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
I remember their stuff was top of the line back in the day. At least they are good about their customer service. They could have told me to pound sand, I guess.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
If they sold cheesy stuff and didn't support it then they be shooting themselves in the foot. They made the choice to maximize profits by having cheeper stuff that lasts just long enough that you have to replace it.

That's the great thing about greenhouse growing instead of indoor hydro - I don't need their stuff much anymore.