What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Do you have a ton of pic/data stored on your computer Doc? My gf has had that problem, and needed to delete or move them to an external hard drive to free up space.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I just went to windows ten, so not that much. Most pics are on thumb drives as well. My old PC has a bunch of gigs on it.

I got the plants all watered in the 98 degrees out back.... And now its time to deseed 50 branches that I never got to yesterday. I also have to repack about another 50 packs of seeds I made last year my sons did for me earlier this year. Their labeling looks like shit

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Right?! He did an amazing job on that one. I need to build one myself! :groupwave:

Thanks for the compliments. Glad to help anybody with questions.

picture.php

picture.php

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I did put a couple HLG 100s out there when the days were too short. In that pic there is a 40% shade cloth over it for most of the summer to keep the heat down. The fans couldn't keep up. This year I put in a ridge vent and don't need fans at all. This idea will probably catch on.

picture.php

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Nice green house and plants Zeez. Starting early with lights is how we do it too. My son runs a generator each night during the shorter days.

Ive been on the branch stripping and seed picking job for about an hour so far and got 11 packs filled and labeled. There are some pretty wild crosses. My sons Apple flavored SSH x OGMango sounds good. One drawer almost done, four more to go. Looks like maybe 60 assorted crosses in all

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Nice green house and plants Zeez. Starting early with lights is how we do it too. My son runs a generator each night during the shorter days.

Ive been on the branch stripping and seed picking job for about an hour so far and got 11 packs filled and labeled. There are some pretty wild crosses. My sons Apple flavored SSH x OGMango sounds good. One drawer almost done, four more to go. Looks like maybe 60 assorted crosses in all

Man that's allot of breeding. Two of the strains this year are my own crosses and one is S1s. I froze some pollen last year and will see if it still works. If my crosses are good then I'll run them again next year and breed them.

Bud - Its a tough job but someone's gotta do it.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Man that's allot of breeding. Two of the strains this year are my own crosses and one is S1s. I froze some pollen last year and will see if it still works. If my crosses are good then I'll run them again next year and breed them.

Bud - Its a tough job but someone's gotta do it.

I got dozens of small, capped, pyrex test tubes, and put the thoroughly dried pollen in, with a few pieces of rice. I label each one, then batches of tubes go into a vac lock bag, then into the pollen /seed fridge. It will keep for a long time that way. I have a whole library of tubes in there now.

I finished picking seeds out of assorted spears, and was right on the money. Exactly 60 packs ( after I threw out the LA crosses, and a couple others I didnt like.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I got dozens of small, capped, pyrex test tubes, and put the thoroughly dried pollen in, with a few pieces of rice. I label each one, then batches of tubes go into a vac lock bag, then into the pollen /seed fridge. It will keep for a long time that way. I have a whole library of tubes in there now.

I finished picking seeds out of assorted spears, and was right on the money. Exactly 60 packs ( after I threw out the LA crosses, and a couple others I didnt like.

You keep seeds refrigerated ? I never heard about that.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
You keep seeds refrigerated ? I never heard about that.

Yes. I learned the hard way. You can freeze them too for real long keeping, but they must be used as soon as they are defrosted, and can not be re frozen as far as I know. Seeds from the 70s and 80s would probably still be viable if they were sealed and frozen properly and kept frozen constantly

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I just looked up the gold double eagle I got yesterday. It is a MS64 grade, close to gem quality in a sealed case. I got mine for $1875. and the cheapest like mine on ebay is $2400 including shipping. Some are over 3 grand. Same coin! I scored! When I was talking him down on the price, he told me he wasnt making much on it at all, I think he made 20 bucks

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just looked up the gold double eagle I got yesterday. It is a MS64 grade, close to gem quality in a sealed case. I got mine for $1875. and the cheapest like mine on ebay is $2400 including shipping. Some are over 3 grand. Same coin! I scored! When I was talking him down on the price, he told me he wasnt making much on it at all, I think he made 20 bucks

So he made 20 bucks and you made hundreds???;)

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Good morning fellas, I just got 42 clones from 14 of Hammer's biggest testers into the cloner. Still waiting on the remaining 5 to get tall enough cuts. The stink Hammer mentioned is quite a bit more prevalent. It might've been dulled by the filter before, but they are definitely starting to express themselves now:) I got the lowers cleaned up and some of the larger fans pulled.
As soon as I got that done, a buddy called and said he lost half of his flat. He didn't leave them for two or three days to get over the transplant shock and start growing again, like I asked him. Nobody ever listens. He had to have them that day, so I said OK, but they will need a few days in the flat to spring back. They usually recover here, being babied under lights, but he wanted them asap. Of course he immediately puts them in the ground when the nights were in the high 30s. So I was like, "whatever, it's your dime", and just had to cut him 32 more. Listen to "the guy", I'm not arbitrarily throwing darts at the fucking wall here!

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Coca-Cola out of the machine was $.25 and gasoline was $.29 a gallon when I was a kid