What's new

A Guide to Fishsticks

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
What have you got in there so far, Dr.?

picture.php

Your looking at it....
I just built it. I got the redwood to add another 7" height, and more wood to make a center divider, so I can pitch fork it from one side to the other. I have plenty of good stuff to go into the mix. Alfalfa, azomite, molasses, kelp meal, Epsom salts, Sea 90 minerals, Bu's blend Steer manure, Alaskan fish emulsion , a bunch of biochar , calcium, fresh Bocking 14 Russian Comfrey and a whole bunch more.

Soon I will be seeding all gardens with a cover crop of mixed blend including crimson clover, nitrogen fixing legumes dikon radish, stinging nettles, and a dozen other Beneficial's.

After the compost pile cools, I will be introducing red wigglers

Just getting started Bro!

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
They are probably looking for some sassy t-shirts that let them take pride in being a bitch. Lol, that just auto-corrected to butch! Either or, I guess...

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Damn, Doc, is that cedar? That looks nice! Sounds like a great blend of amendments, the girls will get a well rounded diet. I had some clover take over my vegetable bed, so I just let her rip. I'll till it in next year, and maybe plant some more. Going for veggies too next year, as I have a ton of used soil in the composter as well. Mine looks a lot more like a trash can, though!

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Redwood.

Crimson clover is nitrogen fixing. It pulls Nitrogen out of the air, and pots it in the soil.

My kids been on me for a few years, to go "no dig, no till". Im finally doing it.

You need to keep about 4" of quality compost on top. It works its way into the soil. I have a layer of organic straw over all gardens right now, to hold in moisture, and encourage micobrial life and earthworm activity

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Ah yes, the antiquated stereotypical gender system, my mistake indeed! How thoughtless of me!

Dr., glad to hear that you are going "no till", I've been wanting to go that direction too. The results I've seen were astounding, and a lot less hassle it seemed.
Do you need a huge bed, or can it be applied to smaller containers as well? The ones I've seen in containers were still at least tens of gallons and like one per light indoor, which take months of veg time. It does seem like it would be a pain in the ass to replant into the smaller more rootbound containers without disturbing the soil life. Maybe planting 4 per square ft. no veg clones in a larger bed for a SOG...

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Here's that promising looking Pharaoh's Kush that's actually about a month into flower. Subtle earthy terps so far.

Attachments

• IMG_20191205_092500.jpg
    IMG_20191205_092500.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 15755559654051286921260.jpg
    15755559654051286921260.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 8

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...

there was a local news story last night about a new hemp based business coming to town...they got a half mil in grant money from the state and city so presumably fairly legit...think i may apply for a job...
looks like they are planning an indoor garden,which is insane to me considering hemp isn't worth that much...but they are vertically integrating the business so they will do their own extractions and make a product line of cbd nonsense ...gummies,salves and whatnot...
could be a smart play towards the future and getting rec legal here...if they already have a facility in place,and it's in an area where that sort of thing will end up as theirs a good number of warehouse size buildings already,and no pesky schools and churches...and they just rebuilt that stretch of road...so could be a viable plan...

anyway,today i get to go mess with someones bike for them,just a tire swap,regular tube&tire combo,should take like 10 minutes...

the tent and light from the mars hydro black friday sale should get in too...

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Don't forget your earplugs, Unc!

I just got my 2x4 tent today, I got the fan and filter yesterday, just waiting on the flood tray and oscillating clip fan.
I'll probably end up running 4 plants in 3 gals while I make more CSP moms for a 32 plant monocrop SOG down the road.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol, it's not a tubeless setup this time so i should be safe!

i did have to buy earplugs though,i have to wear them when i run the vacuum cleaner or anything loud,otherwise the ringing comes back big time...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:shucks: well shit...got all the way down to change the tires out and realized i didn't have a wrench to take the bolts off so i could remove the wheels...all my bikes have quick release of thru axles and of course i carry the tool needed for that...try again on monday...

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Ugh, I hate it when that happens! Most of my tools are in the attic and most of my work is not. If I forget a tool, it's a minimum of 2 flights of stairs plus the distance and altitude to the porch and back, which is usually a jaunt. I'm just going to wear my tool belt everywhere from now on.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
in this case it was 4.5 miles...otherwise it was just the tools i always carry with me anyway plus scissors to cut the tire liner to length...

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Yeah, 4 1/2 miles would be a "tomorrow thing" for me too. I use a leatherman wave pretty religiously, but it's not much help for nuts and bolts unless you want them stripped and your knuckles ground off.

I shoveled off the porch to get some 25 degree grilling in! Fucking right, doggie!

Attachments

• IMG_20191205_165441.jpg
    IMG_20191205_165441.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 17

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
damn man! That's some dedicated grilling!

I'm sure glad I have a roof over my porch! But we won't get any snow like that until at least next month...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's how Dubb saw beat it. Fatter buds, easy trim, more trichomes and great bag appeal. The terps are still intact. That cross blind sided me. I didn't expect it . Bucksaw was full of trichomes, but had no legs. Dubbsaw 2 and 4 have legs, tons of trichomes, awesome aroma, and full on fuel
Dubbsaw 1 and 3 had great flavor, but it is more fruity, with just a little fuel

The goal would be to get sdubb terps into a better structured plant with a bit more potency.

Redwood.
Crimson clover is nitrogen fixing. It pulls Nitrogen out of the air, and pots it in the soil.

My kids been on me for a few years, to go "no dig, no till". Im finally doing it.

You need to keep about 4" of quality compost on top. It works its way into the soil. I have a layer of organic straw over all gardens right now, to hold in moisture, and encourage micobrial life and earthworm activity

If your using N fixing microbes dont put them in a single layers. they must be mixed into soil. If you sprinkle N fixing microbes in a single layer it will cause PH issues in that layer. I've learned by that mistake.

Last edited:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah,it's just the guy who owns the tobacco shop otherwise i would just have him drop it off since i literally have a bike shop in my living room...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks like no tent and light today...it's like fedex is super busy this time of year or something...

sheesh,you would think when you ordered something online during the busiest online shopping time of the year it would get here quicker!