What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've a very humble suggestion for cloning

I've a very humble suggestion for cloning

Alright, thanks. I've read some stuff about aero clones and people seem to have high success rates with them. The brand names ones are expensive so i'll probably build one like you suggested. Is there a specific guide or anything that you followed to build it? Thanks!

I used aero cloners forever and a day & everything has to be on point , or they can be problematic ...I've since switched to with Rapid Rooters with great success ...soak the plugs in ph balanced water that has nutes , take your cuts dip in cloning gel put in the tray (no dome needed , just mist occasionally) under florescent light not too bright , make sure the room is warm , but not too warm & you're good to go ...you can almost set it & forget it & its a totally independent system
picture.php

These are the kind of roots you can expect 7 to 10 days (depends on strain) >>>

picture.php

Damn dude that's killer.....
I've always been a fan/watcher of that ogkb2.0, I hear she not that fast of a vegger, but I still wanna get that lady one of these days...but until then this is as close as I'll come for the time being....(number 3)

I like the 2.0 she's just about as potent as you can get , but she's couch lock so be forewarned , also i found she requires a LOT of defoliation , you really need to let the light in with her , here's what she did for me the last time i held her >>>

picture.php

picture.php

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I’m about to harvest a 2.0 tomorrow :woohoo: I’ve been running her for a while. I’m gonna do one more of her and replace her spot with the Gelato 33. Still gonna hold on to her though. And star is right, she’s pretty darn potent!

I finally got a sunset sherbet in veg. Man this bitch just doesn’t like me. Lol. For me she’s been real temperamental. She doesn’t want food, she wants food, TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT!! Hahaha! I got her lookin good in veg right now. Gonna clone off of that one and replace the one I have as a mom.

Also just put my first Loompas Headband in veg today. Really excited about this one. :good:

U

useless.gardens

hahahhahahhahaha.

first. the 2.0 is no joke & one of my top 5 all time favorite cuts.

second. open my front door to grab 100 rapid rooters (i love them over root riots even) from the mailbox & a bald eagle is flying low to the ground eye level with my door opening.

was awesome.

rooters.
cannabis.
eagles.

was blasting a rosin coated nugget just before the mail came... chimpmints rosin... cant say thanks bro enough !!!!

blue steel :
picture.php

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I grew that Blue Steel a year ago.. My keeper was all Bluberry.. I used her in 1 of my crosses.
I made my own custom mist cloner. Ive been using the small version for a few years now..Never failed me.

1 5g bucket/id

2" netpot/collars
1/4" tubing

2x 1/4: bulkhead fittings

1 high pressure pump
mist heads

Optional
Cycle timmer
ICE PROBE

U

useless.gardens

mos definitely. this is a keeper. the "bb cube cut". no canna odor. none. okay. like a small wiff. straight 98% blueberry smell... like the kind for pie filling with the simple syrup... i means smells like the whole thing... pop the lid and inhale. taste like it smell except the cube is forward on the palette.

fire. straight fire in the hole.

clones like what what. grows like a champ. easy to play with her. great find. gonna pass it off to a homie here real soon. then another...

i got blue dream getting ready to tranny sperm up the sour dubb cut.

we stay busy. i keep thinking about the cloners in my gear. but those rooters so easy. & w/ a heat mat even in the winter just breezing.

the bald eagle told me so... !

same pic no editing :
picture.php

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
woke up late...or rather i woke up when i did which was not technically late since i don't have to be anywhere...slept in like a lazy teenager

Be honest...You slept in like a lazy old man...:biggrin:

It was 48F here this morning, and didn't get above 74 all day...
I wanted to be the lazy fuck I am, but I went out and spent most of the day cutting grass, (the wrong kind) weed-eating, (again, the wrong kind) and doing lots of other yard crap
that I've been putting off for too long because it's been 96 degrees and 85% humidity!

Time for a doob and a drink!:dance013:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
takes one to know one bud!

besides,i'm sure icky built a 100 story skyscraper during a blizzard and shoveled the walk and kept his boot firmly on the wifeys neck so pretty much all of us are lazy slobs in comparison!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:bongsmi:yup,better get something useful done today...i managed to turn a 2.4 mile trip to the store into 8 miles of wandering around the 'hood on the singlespeed...went out of my way to go to a strava segment because there was a strong tailwind on it...didn't beat my best time though,tough to do on a singlespeed since there's only one gear....which i'm pretty sure has something to do with why they are referred to as singlespeeds...but i did stay right at that particular gears speed at a sane pedaling cadence...

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Haven't been around this thread in awhile but i'm in the same situation. My furnace has been fucked for several years and i just don't have the money to replace it right now. I've had it "fixed" a million times but within a couple months at most it's always having problems again and basically i've been told that i definitely need a new furnace.

Just having someone come in, look at it, and temporarily fix it the last couple years has cost me a lot of money and usually it only takes them like 10-15 minutes. It varies, but generally it costs anywhere from $100-$300+ just for a quick repair each time. It's ridiculous.

This is off topic and i'm switching subjects but i flowered out one of your Hammer Kush clones that i was lucky enough to receive awhile ago, and i have to say i really liked it. Unfortunately i was not able to clone it and keep a mother. I had some real issues cloning at the time, because i was and still am somewhat new to cloning and getting my technique down right has been difficult at times.

The buds looked incredible and frosty as hell w/ some purple running through it. The taste though is what i liked most, and i have been becoming a taste/terp nut. The taste was unique and only my GG #4 has been comparable taste wise out of all the strains i've grown so far.

You make and sell seeds right? Sometime when i actually have some cash to buy some seeds i will try and pick up some of your genetics. You got some really interesting crosses i'd like to try.

Anyways, sorry for rambling but thanks and take care!

:tiphat:

A gas furnace is some thing you should keep working right. Don't want to get carbon monoxide poisoning.

A gas furnace is some thing you should keep working right. Don't want to get carbon monoxide poisoning.

Yeah i know. I got a few carbon monoxide detectors incase, but yeah i really need to replace it, i just don't have the cash to do so right now, but hopefully soon.

A couple years ago the regulator on the big gas tank outside broke and it was like 3 am but i could smell it and immediately woke my mom and my twin brother up and had them go outside. Then i walked around to the tank and the gas was literally spraying out of the tank. I called the gas people and i told them that it was spraying out like crazy and the dude literally goes "it's really early, are you sure it can't wait" and started being pissy because he had to come out to fix it. He couldn't care less that we could of been hurt.

I used aero cloners forever and a day & everything has to be on point , or they can be problematic ...I've since switched to with Rapid Rooters with great success ...soak the plugs in ph balanced water that has nutes , take your cuts dip in cloning gel put in the tray (no dome needed , just mist occasionally) under florescent light not too bright , make sure the room is warm , but not too warm & you're good to go ...you can almost set it & forget it & its a totally independent system View Image

These are the kind of roots you can expect 7 to 10 days (depends on strain) >>>

View Image

I like the 2.0 she's just about as potent as you can get , but she's couch lock so be forewarned , also i found she requires a LOT of defoliation , you really need to let the light in with her , here's what she did for me the last time i held her >>>

View Image

View Image

I've cloned using rapid rooters before, infact that's all i've used so far spare a few rockwool macro plugs i used once. Sometimes i was successful cloning, but most times i've had issues. See, a lot of people say to go with aero cloners while a lot of other people say they hate them and use the regular rapid rooter method(s) instead. I just figure i might as well atleast try out an aero cloner and see if it helps at all.

OrgAeroMan & Hammerhead - Thanks for the info guys, i definitely will try building one. I took pictures of all the fittings, little net pots, hoses, valves, gaskets, etc. that i got from that guy, and i'm assuming atleast some of these pieces would be useful. There are also some steel braided hoses and a bunch of 5 gallon buckets he included that i didn't take pictures of. I also would like to make a compost tea brewer at some point but not sure exactly how to build one either. OrgAeroMan, you said i need a gasket sealed lid for the bucket, but where can i get one and will they work on any regular 5 gallon bucket?

Thanks!

Oops, forgot to post the pictures. Here they are. Let me know if any of it is useful:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

P.S. What specific model(s) of pumps would you guys recommend? I'm new to this stuff, but i'm assuming i don't want something too strong, but also not too weak and there are so many different ones out there.

Also, Hammerhead, was the Blue Steel from Exotic Genetix? I have a pack of their Burning Man strain at an event recently, so i'mk just wondering if their seeds are any good.

Last edited:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
takes one to know one bud!

besides,i'm sure icky built a 100 story skyscraper during a blizzard and shoveled the walk and kept his boot firmly on the wifeys neck so pretty much all of us are lazy slobs in comparison!

Nope out roofing today. Only got 10 square down today. But it was on a witches cap with 5 different faces and a valley. I couldnt start till 10 this morning because the roof was slick. I fell down once on the roof. Not off but fell to the roof deck.

And she is out in the kitchen cooking dinner right now.:whip:

At least I admit it!:biggrin:

But yeah your right, I bet Ichy roofed an entire subdivision today, by himself,and with one of his fingers halfway chopped off!

Hope you all are having a nice evening...I'm gonna get wrecked...

I only crushed the tip off. The finger nail hurts more than where the skin was ripped off friday. It is healing quite quick. Must be my woman's good cooking.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You need to eat better. Maybe get a woman to cook for you. Not that fast food crap you have been cooking for years.:moon:

i already checked,there's no mountain biking heiresses from sweden who are lingerie models/ catholic school girls and also mute and own high top cargo vans set up for camping...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
i already checked,there's no mountain biking heiresses from sweden who are lingerie models/ catholic school girls and also mute and own high top cargo vans set up for camping...

Well it is a good thing you didnt also need her to be able to wash pots because that would be impossible to get.