What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks pretty damn good Uncster
next round i bet gets frostier without most of the flowering period being too hot,rock hard buds this time around...helps when you turn the lamps up to full power and hang them at the right height...

Thats and instantaneous classic! Snot Bubble Shit.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Make Moves In Silence

Make Moves In Silence

Today I had the privilege to meet up in real life with one of our more notorious Fishsticks ... turns out he's a really sweet & soft spoken gentle man (with tattoos ...hee hee , BTW I have an enormous shoulder to shoulder tattoo on my back in the shape of a shining star) ..he gave me this cap >>> I probably should heed that advise

picture.php

Also picked up a rooted clone of the Runtz (its a cross of Zkittles & Gelato (I think so correct me if I'm wrong) also I got back FIRESTORM:woohoo:this is the clone personally selected by Hammerhead , also got the N.E.M (Nothing Else Matters:biggrin:) & OGKB 2.0 is back in my hands as well...much thanks to my new friend !

I did a blast tonight with the new end caps that seal off, there's going to be a learning curve, but still got back 78.4 grams of good quality wax from 408 grams of material & that's slightly over a 19% yield which i consider very good , we'll see if i can improve on that

PS ... Hey Treetroit if you see this ...thank you for the kind words , they carry a lot of weight ...peace all have a great night ..gotta a lot of work to do & its been that way for a long time no rest for the weary...

trustmeih

Also picked up a rooted clone of the Runtz (its a cross of Zkittles & Gelato (I think so correct me if I'm wrong) also I got back FIRESTORM:woohoo:this is the clone personally selected by Hammerhead , also got the N.E.M (Nothing Else Matters:biggrin:) & OGKB 2.0 is back in my hands as well...much thanks to my new friend !
:tree:Stacking goodness on goodness! Sounds like a dream!

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I have plant from reserva privada Og kush I popped in 2009. And my chem d (dirty d) is much older but I have had her 6 or so years. Got a few other cuts I have had about as long. Currently putting all my faves in seed form. Getting them all bxed at least once. Bx3 on a few. Then Im going to kill everything and only start seeds for a long time. And keep chucking and selecting.

bucketswithsoil

support your local surfboard builder...
Ok fishStickers.... Another "man does this dude know anything?"...question (please forgive me, as I'm not scared of asking stupid questions.. haha)
How long will you guys leave seeds to sit in a paper towel,B4 calling it "quits"??
Do you guys "switch" out paper towels,they almost seem to get sort of "slimey" so to speak.... Not all of them,but some seem to get like that...I've noticed....

Also do u all say it's a must to keep any of what little seeds you have to keep them in the fridge?.... I've never really had to much trouble getting them to crack, it this time seems different.....

And yes there being germmed in a dark warm place,like prior time B4....
Just was wondering what yous all had to say about the situation.... Thks you all...

Surf was fun here yesterday,wind layed down,and there was still swell in the water.... Yeeaaaa... Thks again you guys, have patience with this knucklehead from the FLA.... :biggrin: :shucks:

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I change the towel every other day. I have only seen a few seeds ever take more than a week. If I paid for the seeds I will change towels every other day until ita obviously choosing to rot instead of pop. If I made them and have a bunch more of them I usually give up not much after a week.

bucketswithsoil

I change the towel every other day. I have only seen a few seeds ever take more than a week. If I paid for the seeds I will change towels every other day until ita obviously choosing to rot instead of pop. If I made them and have a bunch more of them I usually give up not much after a week.

Thks BTF....
So let me ask you,what's the reason for the towel change?, Is it due to what I mentioned???.....or what's ya reason for doing so???

Damn, I got a quote today for $7400 to replace my furnace..As you can see there a huge pricing issue with these HVAC companies. That's almost double from the lowest quote.

Haven't been around this thread in awhile but i'm in the same situation. My furnace has been fucked for several years and i just don't have the money to replace it right now. I've had it "fixed" a million times but within a couple months at most it's always having problems again and basically i've been told that i definitely need a new furnace.

Just having someone come in, look at it, and temporarily fix it the last couple years has cost me a lot of money and usually it only takes them like 10-15 minutes. It varies, but generally it costs anywhere from $100-$300+ just for a quick repair each time. It's ridiculous.

This is off topic and i'm switching subjects but i flowered out one of your Hammer Kush clones that i was lucky enough to receive awhile ago, and i have to say i really liked it. Unfortunately i was not able to clone it and keep a mother. I had some real issues cloning at the time, because i was and still am somewhat new to cloning and getting my technique down right has been difficult at times.

The buds looked incredible and frosty as hell w/ some purple running through it. The taste though is what i liked most, and i have been becoming a taste/terp nut. The taste was unique and only my GG #4 has been comparable taste wise out of all the strains i've grown so far.

You make and sell seeds right? Sometime when i actually have some cash to buy some seeds i will try and pick up some of your genetics. You got some really interesting crosses i'd like to try.

Anyways, sorry for rambling but thanks and take care!

:tiphat:

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Sweetindica2- I'd build an aero cloner bucket, I get 100% success rates if I clean it like once a month. Probably less than $50 has kept me in a bounty of clones for at least 7-8 years with this particular one. Just don't glue anything together, so you can take it all apart and clean it.

Buckets - Sounds like some sort of pathogen issue to me, with the slime and all. Are there any fans kicking up dust or anything? How wet are your paper towels? You might also want to try lacing your water with some peroxide to kill anything that does get in. Just a couple Tbsp. / qt.. What is your water quality like, pH, ppm, chlorine, chloramine?
You can always direct sow in flats....

Here are the Critical Sensistar x Chuck-99 crosses. I figure they have at least 3 weeks or so to go. It's way easier to deal with 4 plants than 16, if have the luxury of veg time. The sativa dominant one in the front right has been a bit unhappy, nute wise, but she was last time too. She packs on all her weight in the last two or three weeks, as well. I'm going to be adding a bit of dolomite lime to my mix to try to curb the pH and Ca Mg issues I've been getting with these new lights.

Attachments

• IMG_20191009_082905.jpg
    IMG_20191009_082905.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20191009_082919.jpg
    IMG_20191009_082919.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 4
Sweetindica2- I'd build an aero cloner bucket, I get 100% success rates if I clean it like once a month. Probably less than $50 has kept me in a bounty of clones for at least 7-8 years with this particular one. Just don't glue anything together, so you can take it all apart and clean it.

Alright, thanks. I've read some stuff about aero clones and people seem to have high success rates with them. The brand names ones are expensive so i'll probably build one like you suggested. Is there a specific guide or anything that you followed to build it? Thanks!

This is kind of a random question, but i figured some of you guys might be able to help me out.

I have a bunch of old seeds that i want to try and germinate. They are all about about 12-13 years old. I got some pretty rare seeds like 3 Spice of Life Blockhead Seeds, 4-5 Sensi Star regular seeds from Paradise seeds, 6-7 Mirre seeds (SAGE x Jack Herer #22) from Karma Genetics, G13 x Yumbolt from Motarebel, etc.

Now, i have some really good seeds that i don't want to waste, but i have some not so great ones that are the same age and i figure i can test on. What would you suggest to get them to germinate?

I've heard people say to put sandpaper in a bottle and shake it around to sand the shell of the seed, i've heard people say to soak them in hydrogen peroxide and/or then put them in sugar water for carbs, using gibberellic acid was mentioned, etc. So any methods that you guys use in particular to germinate old seeds? Thanks.

bucketswithsoil

so you don't get any mold growing

Got it Dr.
Your ODs have been looking really killer dude...congrats

Buckets - Sounds like some sort of pathogen issue to me, with the slime and all. Are there any fans kicking up dust or anything? How wet are your paper towels? You might also want to try lacing your water with some peroxide to kill anything that does get in. Just a couple Tbsp. / qt.. What is your water quality like, pH, ppm, chlorine, chloramine?
You can always direct sow in flats....

That's the thing,some seem to get that,and some of them don't...no fans blowing around....I had few crack open...but emphasis on "few"... There just basic white paper towels with no die/color/design on them...so not sure...
And I always wondered what was "to wet"....I mean it's not like there's a puddle sitting inside the baggie, so it stays fairly wet/damp.....maybe it's just the gear in general....I still have some of them to try again...but I'll be changing out the paper towel now for sure,....I use water that I use in my plants....straight outta my 125 that I have up and running....always worked B4....just was curious about the towel changing out....and seeds being a must kept in the fridge..... No biggie....

Good day you guys, UNC good rideing weather here today about mid-high 70,overcast.....not a classic beach day(even thou there saying sat/sun, is looking killer)..but definitely a good day for a bike/bar hopping journey... :biggrin:

bucketswithsoil

Today I had the privilege to meet up in real life with one of our more notorious Fishsticks ... turns out he's a really sweet & soft spoken gentle man (with tattoos ...hee hee , BTW I have an enormous shoulder to shoulder tattoo on my back in the shape of a shining star) ..he gave me this cap >>> I probably should heed that advise

View Image

I did a blast tonight with the new end caps that seal off, there's going to be a learning curve, but still got back 78.4 grams of good quality wax from 408 grams of material & that's slightly over a 19% yield which i consider very good , we'll see if i can improve on that

PS ... Hey Treetroit if you see this ...thank you for the kind words , they carry a lot of weight ...peace all have a great night ..gotta a lot of work to do & its been that way for a long time no rest for the weary...

Damn dude that's killer.....
I've always been a fan/watcher of that ogkb2.0, I hear she not that fast of a vegger, but I still wanna get that lady one of these days...but until then this is as close as I'll come for the time being....(number 3)

picture.php

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Here are a few tips for the cloner bucket, you have to get a black plastic bucket with gasketed lid. Use a 1-7/8" hole saw generally used for drilling doorknob holes in doors if the hardware guys ask. This will prevent you from having to use those pesky net pots in conjunction with your neoprene pucks. I use the active aqua 285 pump with a grey gasketed and threaded conduit connector. They are for electrical junction boxes. The threads fit the pump, and they have a perfect I. D. of 3/4" for your 3/4" O. D. schedule 40 pvc. I also use 12 or so of the red ez-clone misters. You'll need 4- 90* elbows, 1- T fitting, and a couple feet of pvc. You might want to tap the mister holes to get a better fit. See pic for tap. Like I said earlier, don't glue anything, for cleaning purposes. Don't worry, unless you have a super powerful pump, it won't blow itself apart. There are several great tutorials on the mag (DIY link- o- Rama) as well as YouTube. Good luck, buddy, I know you'll love it.

Attachments

• 15706363108891279233594.jpg
    15706363108891279233594.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 1570636369978115879919.jpg
    1570636369978115879919.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 4
Ok, awesome, thanks for the info. The funny thing is i picked up some nice hoods and some other stuff from a guy on facebook that just wanted to get rid of them and he threw in two buckets filled with tons of fittings, pvc pipes/elbows, some hose and he gave me like 8 5-gallon buckets although no lids. But i'm assuming i could make use out of some of the stuff which will save me a little bit of money.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...

woke up late...or rather i woke up when i did which was not technically late since i don't have to be anywhere...slept in like a lazy teenager!

no big errands or chores today...just regular garden stuff...