What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
I sat in the treestand for a few hours until the girlfriend screamed back to me, lol! I guess the hunt was over. I had to shout back, too, or she would loose her mind with worry... women.
I like this time of year for the indoor, my bills are about 1/3 what they are in pay-cooling season. I fired up the woodstove last night and the rh dropped from 70% to 53%:) Good riddance to free heat and humidity season. I only have 3 girls outside, so I'll just take them in tonight and tomorrow night when it is supposed to dive to 27F.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank God for the Indoor ...always a saving grace

picture.php

Who else like sunsets ??

picture.php

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Yeah, every year we get pounded with rain, wind and cold- right in crunch time. Sometimes I wonder why I bother doing anything outside, but then I remember the free light. I hate to be wasteful!

hayday

Veteran
Still hot here too. Got some new Ickybud 3000s in though. I'll fire em up Sunday
when I get back from the homestead.

LostTribe

Premium user
Any of you guys ever run dry ice hash? Just gave it a quick try and taking a break. I have old bud that I dont plan on smoking so I turned an oz of bubba into 4 grams from the 220 micron bag. It was fast and I was excited.

Then, I pulled out 52 grams of New99. This time I swirled the mix with the dry ice for 4-5 minutes instead of just swirling and letting sit a few minutes. OMG 15 grams!!!!!! I also used the 75 micron bag and got 2 of the grams from that and its heller blonde!!!!

I can't imagine running bubble ever again as I have never gotten anywhere near as much yield. Just gotta figure out how to press this into some temple balls and I am set for a long time. I think I am gonna run some more before the ice evaporates. Might swap the 150 micron in instead of the 220 just to keep it cleaner but I scoped it and its not really contaminated with plant matter.

Any suggestions for pressing this stuff? Kind of feels a bit moist so I am leaving it open for a bit to dry if it will.

LT

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Any of you guys ever run dry ice hash? Just gave it a quick try and taking a break. I have old bud that I dont plan on smoking so I turned an oz of bubba into 4 grams from the 220 micron bag. It was fast and I was excited.

Then, I pulled out 52 grams of New99. This time I swirled the mix with the dry ice for 4-5 minutes instead of just swirling and letting sit a few minutes. OMG 15 grams!!!!!! I also used the 75 micron bag and got 2 of the grams from that and its heller blonde!!!!

I can't imagine running bubble ever again as I have never gotten anywhere near as much yield. Just gotta figure out how to press this into some temple balls and I am set for a long time. I think I am gonna run some more before the ice evaporates. Might swap the 150 micron in instead of the 220 just to keep it cleaner but I scoped it and its not really contaminated with plant matter.

Any suggestions for pressing this stuff? Kind of feels a bit moist so I am leaving it open for a bit to dry if it will.

LT
never made dry ice hash before...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I have made it. It is hit and miss on how pure it is. Check it under a scope. If it has to much leaf in it you can float the leaf and let the tricombs settle to the bottom. Then suck the water or pour the water off the top with the leaf in it.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
basically halfway through for this tent run...6 more weeks to hit 12 for the gmo,should be a good point to take the whole tent down,gonna put the rest at 11 weeks so taking them out to a good amount of time...

added another trellis

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Ive dry iced it before and during putting it into the bubbleman tumbler. It got a bit more green material in the final product, but was still good.

LT

Goats

i've made a fair bit of dry ice hash. it is how i usually process my trim. it's definitely not as pure as bubble, with more stalks and plant material, but it's a lot easier and much faster.

the yield increase you're seeing is more than likely comprised largely of stalks and plant material. you can get some pretty good quality hash from dry ice, but you have to only shake a few times and gently, and the yield will be low. i squish most of mine into rosin for personal use so i don't care that yields are lower and the rosin is a touch darker than it would have been if made from cleaner bubble.

picture.php

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Im getting ready to do a third harvest here. The first harvest is almost dry, and ready to go into paper bags. The garage is reeking pretty good. I may run the carbon filter all tomorrow while Im at work. You can smell it pretty good from the driveway.

Getting pretty excited here. The first two pickings smell wonderful. A lot of it appears and smells like pure fire. I mean like candy. Its been a good year so far. Im going to have to run up to the mountains to deliver supplies in the next few days or so. The cabin is completely full of hanging plants, so we need to construct another building. nothing fancy. Just snow and water proof. Ive got to get some heaters and deliver fuel for the generators to keep it up to an acceptable temp. I love drying bud slow and at a cool temp, as long as I don't have insect or wind damage. It really comes out top shelf.

Latest posts

Latest posts