What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
can't cool off fast enough for me...i say that now but later on i'm sure i will find some reason to complain once it does cool off...i need to get my buddy over here to look at the pilot light feed line and swap it out since i think i will need some heat in the house to keep the led room happy over the winter...probably just hang a bare bulb 400 hps in there for heat...

back to work...

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I know plenty of people who use heat pumps in temps down to about 20F, and it keeps them warm.

I use propane and have a Rinnai vented furnace..It's about the size of a large suitcase and mounted against an exterior wall.

I have a large tank out back, so I can fill it up in the summer when the price is low..

For the past 12 years, I burn 190 to 210 gallons per year of propane to heat my house for 6 months, and do all my cooking year round..

Called in July to check the price... It was $1.09/ Gal.
I told 'em to come fill it up!

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
That's the way to do it Bud.

My water heater runs off 220V. Costs a lot to run. Id like to replace it some time with an On demand electric heater.

I got my fire place insert is cleaned out and prepped with firewood ready to light off. I have a low pollution EPA certified Canadian insert, that has a 2 speed fan that pretty much heats the whole house for free. I just use the furnace when I get lazy, or need to clean out the ash.

Ide love to cover the roof with solar panels and have a big lithium battery for a power bank. You could run everything off of that. A used cell from a wrecked Tesla car would work wonders for me.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i use a special heating system called "sweaters are free after you buy them"...works really well down to 20 degrees or so...then the "suck it up buttercup" system kicks in

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
My dog knows the motion sensor alarm is out in the grow areas. Every time the winds blows, or a cat sets it off, he goes flying out that back door, like he means business. He patrols my grows like a committed guard. He has a special trail into the orchard, because there is another sensor that activates a rain bird sprinkler. I forgot and got hit with it this morning. I was cussin and laughing at the same time

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Anytime the temp outside gets below freezing, the heat pump will use the electric heat strip in the air handler to warm the space.

The way a heat pump works is it reverses the flow of Freon. So in ac mode, the Freon absorbs the heat in your house and dumps it outside. Hence why the air coming out of your outside fan is hot. In heat mode it’s the opposite, the Freon absorbs the heat from outside and dumps it inside. That’s why they don’t work that great below freezing...there isn’t heat for the Freon to absorb.

They are only for places with mild winters. Years back, when they first came out, they were called Florida Heatpumps.

As long as you have a 5kw-10kw heatstrip in your air handler you’ll be fine if it gets real cold outside. But your electric bill will be higher than normal because of the need for the electric heatstrip

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
there's usually only 2-3 weeks worth of days when i really want there to be heat,the rest of the time it's just chilly in the house...

it should be a cheap fix for mine,and i have a competent friend so i will probably have the heat on this winter like a wuss...

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran

Attachments

• chewbacca.jpg
    chewbacca.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 6

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I use oil and wood combo to heat the old place for the 8 cold ass months of the year. Costs anywhere from 3-6k depending on the winter. Looking to use more wood this year and lower that cost as I have my own firewood cut this year. Oil furnace is ancient. Also looking to heat the place some with several 1k hortilux!

Slacked off hard today, laid around and iced my knees and did paperwork. Just ate a massive ham dinner so it's coffee and bong time.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
So I have been arguing with my wife. Well more so just getting her riled up.

I told her I want to put a picture of Captain Picard with his hand out saying engage on the wall behind the toilet. I mean really you are just sitting there dumping. I thought it would be funny.

She was saying something about not wanting a bald guy behind her when she has her pants down.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
we have 8 pretty nice months,3 months of hot,1 month of chilly but not genuinely cold...i prefer hortilux heat myself...it's not winter,it's free cooling season!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So I have been arguing with my wife. Well more so just getting her riled up.

I told her I want to put a picture of Captain Picard with his hand out saying engage on the wall behind the toilet. I mean really you are just sitting there dumping. I thought it would be funny.

She was saying something about not wanting a bald guy behind her when she has her pants down.

clearly she prefers hairy guys behind her when her pants are down!

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Damn, nice plants Dr.! Those are getting huge, great job!
I know, I have to vacuum the floor in my room, too. Once it reaches critical mass, or until bits of perlite crush into a fine powder under my bare feet. That's when I know it's time. I usually do the weekly preemptive strike, but this dreary weather makes me tired and lazy.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Damn, nice plants Dr.! Those are getting huge, great job!
I know, I have to vacuum the floor in my room, too. Once it reaches critical mass, or until bits of perlite crush into a fine powder under my bare feet. That's when I know it's time. I usually do the weekly preemptive strike, but this dreary weather makes me tired and lazy.

Thanks!

Gotta have a nice Haze or Sativa that gives you energy when you need to get things done.

The OGMango Haze doesn't get big buds, Just smaller sweet tangy hard nuggs. I like having one hit with my coffee on a home work day. 20 minutes of fear and worry, then probably 2 hours of energy and enjoyment of getting things done. Gotta use digression. Two hits and your gone.

That plant will be one of the last ones to finish. I don't think Ive even shown you guys that one this year. I have 2 or 3 of them. Smells just like sweet mango candy.

Hammer entered a sample at the dam, but it was unfortunately seeded, and the judges don't like seeds. Even though it was heavily seeded, it still tested very high with THC, and placed pretty good considering the seeds. It is being crossed to a few different plants this year. I need to recheck the STS sprayed branch tomorrow. I picked a STS sprayed, heavily podded branch today from an Ace mix plant and brought it inside in a vase. The plant from Nevil, NH35 x Oax04 has some good pods now too. Ill be picking that branch soon as well. A lot of people are interested in that one. I also crossed that plant to several other Standard males