What's new

A Guide to Fishsticks

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
That's the fun part. I like riding with my son, or going solo. The whole trip is built around smoking a fat dube, once you get way out there, far from civilization. I don't care much for big organized group rides with people who think they are in charge. They are usually the ones with disorders and control issues. I can do without that.

My older son just called from the land, asking if he can have the last 10 plants still in pots to do his own separate grow on the land. I said "sure" I don't need anymore in ground here. I have way more then enough. I think this grow will probably cost me about 5-10 cents an ounce , once all is said and done.

My son was excited. There is a beautiful river at the base of the mountain he is on. Cars were lined up for a mile, on either side of the bridge. There is a nude beach there and he said there were beautiful women all over the place. One beautiful topless blonde climbed out of the water and came right up to my son, probably to take a bong hit. He said they are real friendly there. They want me to go check it out. Sounds good to me!

I took the new gal across the street a bag of potatoes, tomatoes, zukes, and a big lemon cuke, and she invited me in. I can tell she likes wine. She had a special glass door wine fridge in her kitchen and a bottle sitting out. She invited me to come back to have some with her. She loves animals, and has 5 dogs. They all had to come in and meet me too. 2 of them were the giant Mastiff pit bulls. They climbed all over me on the sofa. That's a good sign.

Anyway, Im having a great vacation! Just got up from a 2 hour nap with my own pups. Time to watch some shows and maybe do some online gaming

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
I got the 12 seedlings from Overgrow in 1/2 gallon pots, decimated my mother's from clone season, took down the big cloner, set up the clone bucket, and filled it with what will be new mothers. The L.E.D shop light does work keeping plants in stasis, letting the roots get big with little above ground growth. Now I have them where the old mothers were under grow specific L.E.Ds., they should explode now.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...

i think the best part of the sunday ride is how well i sleep after getting up at 4am then riding myself stupid...i suppose the bad part is it really puts a dent in the food in the house...expending a couple thousand calories makes you hungry i guess...pretty weird...

nice little thunderstorm last night...too bad im not going trail riding today,it was dusty and blown out yesterday...should be hero dirt today...

need to start taking weekly pics in the tent run,the scrog is looking nice and full,the 4 thin mints and 2 forum cookies are starting to stack now after 2 weeks,i can see the mac1 is already starting to bud so everything is going well there...turns out that having 2/3's of the cooler output in a 4x4x7 area keeps it nice and cool...

and hooking the led room intake line to the duct is working well too...i need to get into the garage and redo the ducts so i can take a 6 inch fan/filter out for use in the 4x4 tent as a drying area...

gonna do some work in the main veg area,i think i'm gonna take down one part of the wall separating the areas to make space so i can use the 5x5 with a 1000w halide and be able to get into the back door and have a 4x4 with a 400w halide and 2x3 table. then still have space to set a 4x4 tent up for a drying area...

im gonna need a bunch of new fans/filters this fall to get everything ready for free cooling season...

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Hey Uncle, I was looking into the v2 Rspec, and the lowest I could find (that wasn't diy-ed by someone else) was just under 9 bills. Is that pretty much the bottom line, or are there like any promo codes that you know of? I've been looking all over, and that's all I could find.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Electricity went out this morning for a couple hours so I walked to the hideout just to check out everything...

Looking good, very few bugs, and girls looking healthy..
Heck, it's not even mid-season yet. Lots of veg time left...

This is hard work! But I sure love it...

Attachments

• Hideout.jpg
    Hideout.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 4

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Lookin good Bud!

My son said 90 more Auto flower seeds came up. Those are supposed to be ripe in less then 60 days from now. Autos used to be the herpe of the weed world. Im hearing that they have made a lot of progress in the last several years. I think he said some are supposed to put out 300 grams each, indoors. Probably more outside. we'll make seeds with those too.

Good morning everyone. Beautiful day here!

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
A couple of the skunk plants are doing that thing where they grow leaves with just 3 leaflets...
What causes that? I know re-vegging plants does that, but that's not the case with these..?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:bigeye: i probably shouldn't find someone else's meltdown to be so amusing...but since everyone here already knows i'm an asshole what the heck?

in the continuing saga of a certain led manufacturer,it seems a test grower complained about fan noise and got nasty pm's and has now deleted their account...

and i see threats have been issued by said manufacturer about narcing to the coppers about what they consider now to be stolen property,i.e. the tester lights in question...

a pretty shitty thing to do within the context of a grow site...

all i did was ask for proof of a claim,and i see i have been deleted entirely from that sub forum...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
was there a stipulation that you would return the light? never heard of returning something you've been sent to test.

View Image

yeah,some of the stipulations were pretty crazy,like needing a credit card number for tester lights...

If it needs a cooling fan there is no way it grows 4 times more than a Gavita.

Is this LED maker on this site?

yes,and hint,it's not mars hydro...go read for yourself and see if your bullshit detector doesn't go off...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
yeah,some of the stipulations were pretty crazy,like needing a credit card number for tester lights...

yes,and hint,it's not mars hydro...go read for yourself and see if your bullshit detector doesn't go off...

Yeah I know who it be now. And the rules where intense for a test run.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Since you enjoy pissing them off because of their bullshit claims, and I don't blame you one bit, copy this and send it to 'em...

(Click on my thumbnail posted here to get the full effect.)

Attachments

• bullshit meter.gif
    bullshit meter.gif
    85.5 KB · Views: 6

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Since you enjoy pissing them off because of their bullshit claims, and I don't blame you one bit, copy this and send it to 'em...

(Click on my thumbnail posted here to get the full effect.)

Keep in mind, they have his Visa number.....:biggrin:

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
They need to get dafuq over it! If you’re a business and you’re not prepared for ppl to ask questions, you’re doing it wrong. On top of harassing your customers....wtf

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
pretty silly to make claims about a product that doesn't even exist yet...

even sillier to make claims about previous models and have zero proof they are true...

Well my lights run about 22% more efficient than the Gavita DE and I have no cooling fans. If you have cooling fans you have lose of efficiency because you are producing heat instead of light.

Now granted I have sized my heat sink correctly so it removes the heat but still it dont take that big of a area to do that.

My older Cree 3590's only use a 140mm round heat sink to remove the heat. No fan required and just slightly under what my 301B's run.

So if they have a cooling fan they cant be running at 4 times what a Gavita gets. Even still it is impossible to get those numbers. But that is to much to go over here for most people to understand. Even 2 times is not possible.

But here is the jist. The 301 maxes out at about 220 lpw. Now lumens is not the best measure but will do for this example because the numbers are not that much different to be a problem. So the 301 maxes at 220 and my light is about 180. It is not possible to double my out put and the 301B is at the top in LPW output for LEDs. So the question is what diode is he using that is 2 times the best diodes out? Or even 1.5 times the most efficient diodes on the market.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Thanks Uncle, I'll check Amazon again. I wouldn't mind doing a DIY, but trusting someone else's workmanship is another thing entirely. Especially for that amount and no warranty. A lot are also are lacking the watertight connectors and wire covers for the front, it looks like.
I've seen the DIY 600 v2 Rspec for around that price for some reason... The whole appeal was lower wattage and higher performance, and I have a 600 HPS that uses 300-600w for my 4x4. That's probably why the 550 is more expensive....
Ichabod - did you build yours? I thought you might've, but I forgot.