What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

redlaser

Veteran
Well in addition to my effd up knee I broke my wrist. Working on a piece of equipment. Perfect timing for planting season on the veg farm. Going to have to get creative.

Hope everyone had a good day.

Good luck on the recovery, broken wrist is inconvenient. Important to let it heal would be my unsolicited advice.
Broke mine and apparently was not following that advice, had to get it fixed again, two surgeries.

Farm equipment has a lot of potential for sure. Got mine getting rear ended while stopped at 60 mph

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I got a lot done this weekend, now its back to work. I had to bring a few more males into the green house. They are getting ready to open pods. I will probably do 3-4 pollen harvests from each male. So like 200 pollen catching episodes. 4 done so far. The drudgery... :D

Hey , you guys be careful around equipment. Ive seen some horrible accidents at work. No one died so far, but missing fingers, hands, and splattered faces.

Im always trying to stay focused. I use a giant bridge crane to dip up too 10,000 lbs of bundled steel into a ginormous vat of hot acid. I worry about the hoist wire ropes breaking, releasing the steel, and getting hit by a tsunami of boiling hot acid. It happened to another guy before. Everybody runs to help, and get the employee under a safety shower in seconds flat

Yall have a great day!

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
You're up early bro...Be careful with that acid...

As soon as I finish this cup of coffee, I'll be at the hideout to get some more girls in the ground..
They'll be tucked in with love, and some rich compost and mulch spread all around them...

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Whoa, that sounds like it's right up my alley! What's the flowering time on that puppy? We are like zone 5 or 6, so short seasons. Are these available on the seed market?
Harvest outdoor Oct 3rd.
8-9 week flower time.
Yes.....they are available. Only $60 a pack for 12 regular seeds.
These should be much more but Im not in it to get rich and rape the community for every penny I can squeeze out of people.
Im in it to bring growers top shelf genetics at a very reasonable price.
I want to see new growers and seasoned growers alike be successful and harvest grade AAA+ meds.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Got a root picture. This is from a plant that has shown to be a male.

picture.php

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...

lots of garden work today....regular chores along with a trip to the grow store and i have a bunch of clones to get into 20oz cups so i can then clone some plants to death basically so i can get them out of the way so the next round of plants can be up-potted so that as soon as the main flower room has finished i can set up a 4x4 tent so i will only be down one lamp for the summer...

still weirdly cool this summer which makes me think it's gonna be extra hot once it does get hot...for now the cooler is working so well i end up wearing a hoodie to stay warm in the house...gotta keep the girls happy...getting a solid 10 degree difference between lights off and lights on temps...

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
It got down to like 43 F last night, and it's pouring today. Boooooo! Another day of indoor chores:( and sadly this place needs it! I'm trying to build a small 8x8 she'd on the back forty for hunting, reloading, relaxing and whatnot. The bugs are absolutely unbearable, a cloud of ravenous black flies follows your every move dive bombing into your eyes, ears, mouth, down your clothes. I am completely covered from head to toe in bites. Work is slow, but soon they won't be able to get in:) Thinking of working in the rain as the bugs will be a bit lighter.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed: 70 degrees,17% rH and sunny here...fairly windy out however...luckily i will be going downhill into the wind and have it at my back on the way home...

gotta get more pH testing stuff...probably gonna order some strips as well,and a fair amount of them since they're cheap and the difference in shipping cost for 10 packs of 100 strips isn't much more than just getting one...

almost time to get more pH up as well...been using a liquid calcium for that which makes more sense to me given that the plants can actually use it...looked at the pH down product from the same line but it's just phosphoric acid...i guess since i'm doing the pH thing i should also adjust the flush water since it's usually pH8 ...be nice to find something "natural"...maybe just some molasses would do it...

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Got all the post bases in for the new hoop house today. Tough going driving the posts with rocky soil. Putting hoops in 18 inches inside the end hoops for overlap on the light dep cover.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ares is growing fast. I was thinking about getting a female to breed these guys. Might be something I do when the cannabis business ends.

picture.php

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Uncle, I believe Earth Juice makes a pH down product that is organic using citric acid. I just mix like 15-20% peat moss to my mix to naturally drag down the pH as it decomposes. Your water sounds higher though.

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
gotta get more pH testing stuff...probably gonna order some strips as well,and a fair amount of them since they're cheap and the difference in shipping cost for 10 packs of 100 strips isn't much more than just getting one...

~star~ recommended these for me but my eyes cannot see the subtle changes in color....so unfortunately I still need a pen.

Citric Acid or Apple Cider vinegar is what I have been using for pH down. Not good for folks using a reservoir as it doesn’t hold long but I think the plants like it.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed: 70 degrees,17% rH and sunny here...fairly windy out however...luckily i will be going downhill into the wind and have it at my back on the way home...

almost time to get more pH up as well...been using a liquid calcium for that which makes more sense to me given that the plants can actually use it...looked at the pH down product from the same line but it's just phosphoric acid...i guess since i'm doing the pH thing i should also adjust the flush water since it's usually pH8 ...be nice to find something "natural"...maybe just some molasses would do it...

I rarely ever use PH down. The last time I used any was to correct to much up. Most Nutrients are acidic. I flush with RO, I don't adjust its PH.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Harvest outdoor Oct 3rd.
8-9 week flower time.
Yes.....they are available. Only $60 a pack for 12 regular seeds.
These should be much more but Im not in it to get rich and rape the community for every penny I can squeeze out of people.
Im in it to bring growers top shelf genetics at a very reasonable price.
I want to see new growers and seasoned growers alike be successful and harvest grade AAA+ meds.
That's awesome, dude. Comradery is the ethos of the progressive. I would definitely be interested in trying some of those out here. PM me with the details.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I replaced my relay on the heater. Unfortunately it didn't fix the problem. I guess I need to call someone. I might just have it replaced. its 20+ years old. Might be time for a better more efficient heating system.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Aw, that sucks Hammer. Sounds like she had a good run, though. At least you get to go shopping for a new one! Is it a large system, or just a small guy?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's my house heater. I really did not need to have that expense right now. I shut my flower room down to clean. I only had some stragglers in there. Its gonna be months before its running on schedule again. Strapped for cash until its back on schedule.

WTF

[YOUTUBEIF]T98Ns03Bqn0[/YOUTUBEIF]

Last edited:

redlaser

Veteran
It's my house heater. I really did not need to have that expense right now. I shut my flower room down to clean. I only had some stragglers in there. Its gonna be months before its running on schedule again. Strapped for cash until its back on schedule.

WTF

[YOUTUBEIF]T98Ns03Bqn0[/YOUTUBEIF]

That is not good news on the heater. Maybe the better time of year for it though, could at least put it off a few months.

Had to replace mine a couple years ago, old one lasted 39 years, couldn’t get parts for it though anymore.

Got five different estimates, most from the Sacramento area. Prices ranged from $3,467.00 to $15,599.00, Bell Brothers was the highest.

Went with the $3,467. one, included a 120$ building permit and $250 third party duct leakage test. Bryant gas model #915SA4306S17,AFUE 95%