What's new

A grow that's real not fade away. hazy's perpetual

C

cellardweller

...and the count is 6 and 4!
CN I thought it was a good daytime..smelled lemony earthy pot, almost a eucalyptus hint..

hazy

Veteran
hey cellar,That is a dense looking bud of blockhead you got there. here's those funny weird square buds dry. I got 20 grams of those square sweet skush buds. twisted a newly dry bud up and it's sweet, skunky tasting good bud.
Rock solid indeed Murph
Howdy, CN, the bitch about a mixed pack of seeds is that you never really know.

Got 25 grams off of my OB1.

Last edited:
R

Raistlin Majere

those are some nice chunky buds !!! Nice pix :bow:
enjoy smoking them bro :friends:
you go any idea how the rot rot set in, bummer BTW
KEEP IT GREEN !!

C

cellardweller

Actually hazy, thats not my bud, I just snapped a pic of it. 1 of my fellow croppers had that and we smoked up on it! he left me a lil peice though..yeah real dense too. That OB1 looks mighty friendly I think.

hazy

Veteran
someday's the mailman's my hero.

someday's the mailman's my hero.

Hey RM, nice stony chunky buds.
I neglected to change the water towards the end. Temps seemed ok. water was cool to the touch, but it did get 117-118 here.
Yeah, I saw that one in your thread cellar. Good ol Lune.
btw, That OB1 is def some good weed. Very stony. i was smoking it this weekend. Sat out in the yard enjoying the monsoon, nice to have clouds for a change, smoking a bowl of OB1. Great day.

Mailman, brought me a present today. I've got 5 Sugar Shack seeds in the paper towels now. ;)

Last edited:

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Yeah i sparked one the other day outside when there was this weird lightning storm. Really puts you in nice state of mind but also lets you know how small we really are in this world.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Whoa, those are some chunky nugulets Hazy - they look excellent mate, especially the Sweet Skush, gotta show the love for the fatties :D

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey Hazy, been a while since I popped in and I missed sooo much. Harvest looks dank man, nice group of strains. I'm going through the same thing right now, have a bunch of gear running and trying to decide what to keep and what else to start.

B/R

C

cellardweller

hehheh..Hi hazy!
My mailman came too..

:joint:
but I just started to germ 5 ww x ssh. :muahaha:

G

guest5703

Remember I said that it was a skush that was next on my list to chop. I asked him why he took that one, and he said it was ready. I asked him how he knew it was ready, and he told me I wrote the date on the side of the pot.
So it turns out that he's a big pot head.

LOL dude that is some funny shit, on one hand I wouldn't mind if my kid wanted to smoke, but I would have to reprimand him about stealing! You steal from the wrong people and they will kill you it's just stupid now a days ya know?? But I'm sure you already laid into him about that bomb skush! haha Damn man how them C99 babies and Sour babies?? Just harvested a Sour D at like 55 days or something, BOMB!!!! IMO at least ;) Just took clones of some HPK, C99, and a new edition Elvis kush!! WOO WOO ELVIS IN THE HOUSE!!

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
LOL damn i have to deal with the same thing just the opposite. My pops jacks my bud from me. He has since i was a young smoker puffin on that brick weed we all have smoked. I will go over to have dinner and bring an eighth to smoke on with him and i always leave with just a bowl for some reason and he has the rest of the sack. I say make the kid learn the hard way and make him smoke on brick!

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
hazy said:
Hey RM, nice stony chunky buds.
I neglected to change the water towards the end. Temps seemed ok. water was cool to the touch, but it did get 117-118 here.
Yeah, I saw that one in your thread cellar. Good ol Lune.
btw, That OB1 is def some good weed. Very stony. i was smoking it this weekend. Sat out in the yard enjoying the monsoon, nice to have clouds for a change, smoking a bowl of OB1. Great day.

Mailman, brought me a present today. I've got 5 Sugar Shack seeds in the paper towels now. ;)
i have been sitting on the patio smoking BHO bowls to lightning thunder storms. watched my street flood a lil and told my girl my arizona monsunal season stories. i am glad that the mail man didnt jack your beans man. i hope they give you what you are looking for. so far all phenos have been really potent, but only had 2-3 tasty ones, as they are usually really really hashy earthy flavored. it still makes my eyes HEAVY with a slight creepiness to heavy stone. so far i have had 3 beans give me nanners at the end after 60 days.... 55 is an ideal time to consider chop. 60 days is perfect and the longer the stronger, but i think the nanners came from extended life past perfect chop period. other than that, never had a male from mine or the many that have been gifted. best of luck brother...... i hope you enjoy.
Sir

hazy

Veteran
Yep cn, I love getting high outside on cloudy and stormy days.
OK, mentioning lighting makes me remember...
Back in the early 80s, I pop into town after years away and swing over to the liquor store to grab some beer to drink with an old friend. Lo and behold, I meet fatboy, (my old high school connection, he always had a brown paper lunch bag full of OZ sacks --10 bucks a lid), in the parking lot. He sells me 3 hits of red barrel acid. $5 a hit.
I give one to my bud, and I take two. We went up on a nearby desert mountain and watched the lighting while tripping.
So I'm looking at this telephone pole with a transformer on it. The moonlight was reflecting on the edge of the transformer in what seemed to be an L shape. The side and top. Suddenly the bluish reflection moved from the edge of the transformer and onto the pole and down the pole to the ground and came towards me, looking like blue and yellow lightning. It stopped just before it got to me and went back up the pole and into the wires in crazy sparkly lightning and disappeared.

What a long strange trip it was.
Those are chunky and stony also Sammet. Do love the fatties.
Always a pleasure to have you drop in B/R. You were one of the first one's to post in my thread. Hate making decisions to get rid of a strain.
Rock on cd. When you popping that WW?
Hey caligreen. He got it for stealing the plant all right. It's in the open now, but i really don't know what, if anything, i should do ...Can't smoke with or supply weed to a minor.

lol cn, I 'confiscated' his older brother's smoke a time or two. :muahaha:

Sounds like you're putting that glass to use Sir. Yeah man, smoking and enjoying cloudy rainy days is universal among stoners. Can't wait for them to sprout. Can't wait to clone them.

Sux, i can't upload pics

Last edited:
C

cellardweller

nice trip bro. I just popped 5 ww x ssh. savin everything else for my winter run. :muahaha: :joint:

sugabear_II

Veteran
hazy said:
Also found my OB1 limp from root rot. Again I was just debating with myself to chop it or wait for some seeds to mature,(I pollinated too late), so it was all good.
OB1 chop:

=========
wow sure looks like o90

I'm working on some smoke reports on that strain and will post a link when done...

hazy said:
....Wow, sugabear, my OB1 looks like it was cloned from your O90. This baby is about a week away from harvest, and it smells so good. I always have a hard time describing pot that smells this way. Spicy? Musky? Like a steak?

I just summed it up as old school dank. The smoke of the ob1 indica pheno and the o90 both I find to be earthy with chocolate and a little coffee flavor with pineapple fruityness on the ob1 and more of a light fruit flavor to the o90.
hazy said:

Got 25 grams off of my OB1.

Nice work on the 25 grams of ob1 in the dwc... sure looks tasty again a pile of o90 for comparison

smoking some of this bud right now...

harvested june '06 soo smooth...
:joint:

Last edited:

hazy

Veteran
It really does look like the O90 sugabear. Wish I could put up a new pic, buds always look better as they start to get cured.
I have another OB1 about 25 days along in soil. I need to go grab some OB1 pollen and try again to make some OB2 seeds. Someday I'll be able to back cross it to my OB1.
That 25 grams was with a 1 gallon bucket too, not bad at all for me. next time I try DWC i'm going to use sm90. I'm told it puts an end to that rot problem.
It must be something to smoke bud that been cured for 2 years. :joint:

outame 2

Hi hazy...the sm-90 prevented any root rot on my last grow,temps got into the 90's in the room at the top of the canopy,but until this grow now,I have always grown trees.wait till winter,and try BC technaflora nutes.or put a block of blue ice under the gallon bucket to keep the roots cool.hydro is all about environment and temps,and ph.

deep chunk with a little skunk just popped the surface of the rapid rooters.just a couple...hoping for christmas now.hope all is well,looking good...~O~

hazy

Veteran
One benefit of this thread,

One benefit of this thread,

is seeing that you can grow enough cannabis to supply your own needs, without spending a lot.

In a 2' x 5' x 4' high space with only a 400 watt hps, and a 2' x 5' x 2'+ high veg space with florescent lights can supply all of your needs, and then some.

The whole idea is to not have to buy weed. I have not bought weed in well over a year. No traffic to a dealer's place. No having to transport it back home(risk). I've spent about 300-400 bucks on equipment and supplies $500 in seeds over time. A couple hundred bucks worth of electricity. So 900 - 1000 tops. I'd have spent in this time about $1500 - $2000 on smoke. I think in the black at least 500 dollars, maybe $1000 ahead on this perpetual grow. Not bad imo.
It's also a great hobby. i can lose track of all time in here with the garden. I enjoy thinking about improvements and planning them.
Right now I'm planning on changing the way I ventilate. I am going to run a cool tube from a hole I will cut in the floor between a bookshelf and the outside of my grow closet. The tube will run into the existing intake vent and through the light then up to the veg area. I'm going to get a Metal Halide for vegging. :woohoo: The tube would go through the MH as well, taking out most of my heat. Ballasts not in the closet of course. Then exiting through a existing exhaust vent in the ceiling.
Then I'll take out completely my other exhaust vent because i'm losing my AC out the vents. So I'll put in a fan to suck cool air from the room into the closet and instead of blowing it out of the house, I'll just blow it back into the room. Cool air in at the bottom----then the warmed air exhausted back into the room near the top of the closet. My carbon scrubber circulates in the closet. i'll get another one and put it in the room if i need it.
One side of my veg area will have CFLs for seedlings and clones.
Questions:
*Should i make DIY tubes or buy hoods?
*For a veg area of about 2'x2', maybe 2'x3', what size MH should I get. i'm guessing 150?

Nutes:
I ordered some nutes last night. I got GH maxi grow and maxi bloom. Hydro nutes with all the micros and shit. I should have done this a long time ago, but I was always kinda broke, so I been using incomplete stuff from regular stores.

Coco:
Also ordered some coco. :jump: finally quit talking and just did it. Got some stuff for pH too. i think I need to check my water.

I should have been doing these things all along, but there's a point where you just have to jump in and get started.
One thing for anyone reading this who is just getting started;;;;; Get a Carbon Scrubber!!! First!!! Don't think that you don't need it, you do.
My kid would never have known about my grow if it weren't for the smell and then he would not have broke in and stole my plant. :bashhead:
So get a light and a scrubber, then get after it. Upgrade when you can.
I read a post where SirSmokalot told someone they should get a 600 watt light, because a "400 can be a popcorn machine." I dig brother. I'd love to move up to a 600, but prolly not for at least another year.

Perpetually falling behind in the veg area, is my biggest problem. Having just recovered from the stolen plant scare, and having gotten my bloom room filled completely, I neglected to start new seeds in time and now I have a nearly empty veg area. Of course i immediately pop way too many seeds in overreaction. close to 30 new starts. Someday I'll figure it out.

nuggetshiner

Know what burns my ass? Flames bout 3 ft high.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice post Hazy, about 2 hrs. worth? lol I have about an hour response and no time. Got
to the last paragraph and u had me laughing again. Hazy's next upgrade - move kid into
existing garden and turn kids room into new garden, lol. Man those ssh x nl really have
some vigor! Really beautiful plant so far. I'll post a pic of mine when we can upload.
I'm pretty high on some 6 mth. cured Joey Weed Northern Lights right now. Good stuff.
Shameless plug for JW. He deserves it.
BBS, NS

Latest posts

Latest posts