What's new

A grow that's real not fade away. hazy's perpetual

hazy

Veteran
i got a pack of Sweet Warp seeds as a freebie when i ordered some hashberry. well, i killed all but 1 of the hashberrys. (my temps went out of control with 115+ days, and i cooked 9 hb seeds, all 10 of my swt#3 seeds, 6 of my sol advent mix)
increased my ventilation and it feels nice when i open my closet door now.
growth was stunted from the heat, but is looking good now. anyway i decided to pop my sweet warps to replace the dead seeds. SW is from Dave Van Pot (of Godbud fame) and is a cross between Texeda Timewarp and a Sweet Tooth #3.
i'll post up some pics and try to update often enough to show a nice progression. i ended up with 7 sw plants and 5 of them are females! :jump: my last run with some bagseed which is day 41 of 12/12 right now i had 15 males out of 21 plants. :badday: but now i'm happy.

they,(the sw) are now at day 19 of 12/12. they are indica dominant and i only vegged them for 2 weeks. i should have let them veg for at least 5 weeks to 2 months. they just started stretching. they're about 7" tall and look great, but too small. the first female lifted her skirt for me after 16 days. the last one just today at day 19. 3 days of budding and they look promising. 2 males grew tall except for one that i had topped, still a lot more growth than the girls, also 1 male looks a little more sativa. 2 females started looking more sativa, but seem to be very much indica dom now.

i'll also be writing and posting pics of my 7 Dreamgoddesses, and 5 Cinnamon Haze x Dreamweavers, my Hashberry, and my swt3/blockheads(SOL mix).

==================
Edit: i've changed the name of this thread (thanks DG), from 'hazy's sweet warp grow', because i've had so much more going on than the Sweet Warp. the weird thread name is part of my weird sense of humor and subtle cleverness.
also, i'm a Rush fanatic. seen em like 10 times. it's from side b of Rush's first recording, a rare single with 'can't fight it', i think on side a. anyway it was a Buddy Holly song, and Rush kicked ass with it. you should find it on limewire or something. the song is "Not Fade Away". the inspiring line goes, "a love that's real not fade away." replacing love with grow, - that was the clever part. :pimp3:

i had read a little about perpetual grows, and thought it was a good idea, but it became one from my struggling to keep the flower chamber of my closet full. the purpose is to supply all of my weed needs, so i could not afford to waste space during the early stages of getting my grow established. you know, throw 21 plants in and end up with 6 girls and now you gotta fill in that space with something. and on and on.
there's always going to be something in various stages of budding, so i should be able to have regular bud shots, of different stuff. so come on in and look around.

Last edited:

hazy

Veteran
here's a cinn. haze/dw
that's (Arjan's Haze x Jack Herer cinnamon pheno) X Dreamweaver

another one

here's a Burmese Kush at day 19, not even close to showing sex yet:

here's a Hashberry on the left, and CHD on the right

a bad pic of a couple sweet warps showing beginning buds.

hazy

Veteran
day 23

day 23

thanks x10fast

day 23 for the sweet warp
some shots of what's in veg below. from some MOD menage-a-trois.
here's a cinnamon haze dreamweaver (chd)

here's the group shot of the chd gang in veg 4 weeks

a nice little dreamgoddess

my only hashberry, sure hope it's a girl Edit:it was a male-chopped it.

these are the SOL mix swt3,swt4,blockhead whatever. they had a bad start, a lot of heat stress, but they're gonna make it ok

the next 3 are sweet warps at day 23

and these 2 below are my burmese kush at a little over 1 month old.day 23of 12/12. the one on the left was just repotted into a 3 gal pot yesterday. i've topped them several times and will top them some more. so far they are quite manageable, i think i'll be able to grow them till they finish in about december, at the side of my little closet. they could get to 8' outside, but i have a plan for that :bigeye:

:joint:

Last edited:

hazy

Veteran
day 29

day 29

a quick update before i hit the sack

the girls are looking nice

and here's my Burmese Kush girl. the other was a male so i pulled it.

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
hazy, nice lineup. The SW sounds like a killer cross, I can't wait to see it done. Good luck with your grow.

B/R

Shliite

hey looking good hazy. I have a couple outside from my freebie pack that are doing alright. So you say not much stretch? Maybe double height or less? Do you have any idea how long the flower period is? thanks

hazy

Veteran
thanks b/r
one of the SW is getting frosty along the edges of the upper fan leaves.
i've only seen that in pics of other folk's stuff, or seed company pics.
i've been through several bagseed grows, and i think the SW has em beat by a mile.
:wave: shliite
when i posted the not much stretch comment, they were actually just beginning the stretch. i was thinking impatiently.
they've more than doubled, but still not bad. i would have vegged longer, but i had to fill a big vacancy in my cab.
here's the whole crowd in the 12/12 chamber:

now if i could find the thread about making pics under hps lights look normal with photoshop
the plants with the big buds are from bagseed. thw SW are in the middle, and the little ones across the front are some dreamgoddesses that are kind of puny and sickly looking. they are 6 weeks old and i'm sure there is no mom material in them. so i made some room in the veg chamber.
the 3 DG left in veg are way bigger and healthy.

so i'll be picking a mom from the 3 DGs, the 3 CHDs, and the 4 swt3,4,bh mix.
i have 6 skush seedlings that i will hunt for a mom from too.
it takes a long time to go through everything it takes to find mom.
i just took 18 clones. if they root, i'll put down the original plants to flower, and veg the clones till i find out which one is best.
let's see, 2 weeks to root, then 60 + days till harvest, then 2-4 weeks to cure, yeah right, anyway smoke buds from each plant, pick best one of each type and throw everything else down to 12/12. a good 3+ months from now.
after that it's clone city.

Last edited:

hazy

Veteran
DAY 35

trying to catch some pollen from my two sweet warp males, one of which is very frosty, i think all 5 got a pretty good blast of both males. oh well, i'll take sweet warp f2s. i think i'll save the trapped pollen and reveg the males for dads, and put them in a corner of my veg area for future projects.

one of my CHD clones rooted and i planted it. after a week or two i'll put it down to sex.
i've noticed clones grow more vigorously and can't wait to find my females and get some clones running.

Choice Bru

Mmm the SW`s are lookin gorgeous man, good luck with em. Never heard of this cross, sounds good to me! Expect to get trees from the Burmese kush hey! Sounds like you got things planned outside if they get out of control tho, good thinkin 99. :rasta:

G

Looking sweet hazy! :wave: That sweet warp is a thing of beauty. What a thick, dense little bitch! :yes:

hazy

Veteran
choice bru
this cross may not be around again, since the guy who did it got busted.
i'll have a bunch of f2s though.
here's that burmese kush at 35 days:

that's a dreamgoddess in the lower right

thanks for checking em out BHB

dope_roor they smell good too.

thanks S2D. i'm going to try to reveg 1 or 2 of them for moms.
if i can ever get any good at cloning that is.

i think i need to check into rapid rooters.
i had a cinn haze dreamweaver clone that rooted and i potted it and it died. :cuss:
i have 18 more in a bubbler. no roots yet.

i just put 4 cinn haze dreamweavers down to 12/12
i just noticed i say things like put my plants down. only i prolly get it.
my closet is divided about 4' from the floor, so the top is for vegging, and the bigger bottom half is for 12/12. i have 4' floros in the top, and a 400 hps in the bottom. i realy need to get a second 400 like stoned2death has. my 12/12 space is about the same size as his.
as i fill the space more i am seeing the need to get another light.
i'll have to do cool tubes if i do that.

the bigger budding plants around the sweet warps are DAY 58 bagseed. about 2 weeks more for those i think.
anybody notice those curled leaves on them. it happens everytime as the plants start to bud good. the sw and bk are getting it now. i thought it might be too much nitrogen and flushed 3 of the sw. they seem to have flat leaves now. i think i'll flush the other 2 sw tomorrow.

anyone else have this claw problem.
flushed those bagseed plants a few weeks ago, but really did not see much improvement.

Last edited:
G

Wish I could help you with the curling. I get the same issue, but I grow mediumless and I have a couple other factors. I was literally just discussing this with -VT- in my thread a second ago.

hazy

Veteran
day 39

day 39

day 39 for my sweet warp.
I rearranged my 12/12 chamber for the 1000th time.
I should probably rename the thread hazy's perpetual grow.
I moved the SW to the sides and put in 6 dreamgoddesses and 4 cinnamon haze dreamweavers.
I had intended on waiting till my clones rooted first in case they don't root and I need to take more, but I just couldn't wait. I like the look of the flower section of my closet much better as it fills more.

in the first pic below you can see 3 of the sweet warps

here are 6 of gypsy's Golden Skush.
the empty cups are for 10 MOD bx1 seeds (destroyer X kali mist) I am germing in paper towels right now.

I should get a pack of annaC's Biko bx1 in a week and will pop them within 2 -3 weeks.
about that time or before I will transplant the Skush and flip my 4 BlockHead/SWT3/SWT4.

by then my 6 bagseed girls should be done(slow bitches) and I will finally have some smoke again.
then the sw should be 2-3 weeks away.
hopefully i'll have enough finishing every 2-3 weeks to satisfy my needs.

it's hard to get the timing right to maintain a perpetual grow that produces enough. but if I can get cloning down I can have moms. then I can put down clones of whichever strain i choose to my heart's content. I hope.

Shliite

id be psyched to get that 36 day finishing pheno. does anyone have any idea how long the other sweet warp varieties take to finish? i'm thinking of running a few for my first DWC run.

hazy

Veteran
shliite said:
36 day finishing pheno
i hope i did not word something so it sounded like i said there was a 36 day pheno.

here's a 47 day pic. all 5 are back in a group again. i added some plants to the 12/12 and had to rearrange a bit. easier to see the sweet warps like this.

the back row center is white with frost.
they smell so good. i wish the pics could be scratch and sniff.

i don't know how long they'll go, but i expect another 20-25 days.
btw shliite, i put them into 12/12 at 3 weeks i think, and they were maybe 6" tall. they range from 11" to 15" now. they probably did a little vegging in 12/12 before they started because i flipped them too soon. the females sowed sex at 16-23 days of 12/12, which is kind of long i think.

Last edited: