What's new

A few things that I've learned about growing in coco with a drip systm DTW

Miraculous Meds

I don't have pictures. You will see roots at the top of the pot. You will also see that they need watering sooner. This will show up as a dry surface and wilting.

This here is correct without having to look at the roots. If u can water to runoff and the next day the pot is bone dry or close to it ur roots have established enough to water multiple times per day.

Superdry1

Cheers for that multiple feeding it is then, towards the start of the thread it states the optimum pot size for multiple watering is 2 gallons, that's around 12 litres, have I read this correctly, do I stay with my current 6.5lt pots or pot up to 12lts,

Thanks in advance..

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
Cheers for that multiple feeding it is then, towards the start of the thread it states the optimum pot size for multiple watering is 2 gallons, that's around 12 litres, have I read this correctly, do I stay with my current 6.5lt pots or pot up to 12lts,

Thanks in advance..

HGO did a U.S. Conversion for our American cousins, 1 US gallon is approximately 3.5ltrs

Stay with your 6.5 pots, both myself and HGO have got 9+ oz from a 6.5 pot, so unless you're expecting more than that you're sorted :tiphat:

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
@Superdry .... I see you've been asking me and HGO questions, we're not ignoring you but I only visit this thread when it's on the front page and comment very rarely now

But it looks like Ichabod and Miraculous Meds have you covered

TBH I only come here now when the motorcycle forum I run is quiet..... keep it up Grasshopper you can learn great things here...... plus a load of crap, ask for a Mentor

BD:joint::joint:

Superdry1

Dr Bush, I appreciate you taking the time to reply, shame your not on here that often, I'm a UK grower with a loft groom got a home made rtw system currently vegging under 400w with a mantis shade, 8" passive intake 10" exhaust, grow room is approx 2.1m2 grow area I am using is roughly 1.2m2.

I previously joined another forum before discovering this one, on the other everyone seems to be growing in large pots, but it was this thread that caught my attention and interests me !!

Cheers

HGO did a U.S. Conversion for our American cousins, 1 US gallon is approximately 3.5ltrs

Stay with your 6.5 pots, both myself and HGO have got 9+ oz from a 6.5 pot, so unless you're expecting more than that you're sorted :tiphat:

I think the 6.5s r great also how many pots did you run per lamp when you achieved a 9oz? I was thinking of doing 40 in a 3x2 8 bulbs or is that 2 many cheers

Zarezhu

Question for you coco DTW guys!

I plan to multifeed (3x a day) DTW with house and garden nutes and drip clean, with 0-10% runoff.

I just bought a bag of bushdoctors coco loco (has guano and kelp and worm castings and perlite and such in it). I also grabbed 60 4" cups and roots excelurator.

If I transplant into the 4" cups of coco loco initially, feeding compost teas and roots excel, and then into a 2L pot of Botanicare coco, switching to house and garden nutes plus drip clean, and then again into 3.5L pot of Botanicare coco, could the little bit of guano and kelp and castings possibly skew ph or ppm of the rest of the 100% coco mix?

I only want to feed at 900-1000 ppm, with 1.0 - 1.2 ec and 5.8 - 6 ph. Working up to 3x a day in flower.

Would it be foolish for me to start in this "coco loco" mix, and taint the future clean and pure 100% coco that will make up 95% of the pots medium!?!!??

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran

have you got any pics of your 9oz + plants? and how many of these did you have per light?

Foreman000

Great thread. Just got done reading this entire thing. Wondering is it ok to drain into a saucer under your pot or should u let it drain quite a bit more than than that. First post :woohoo::woohoo: thanks

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
Leaving a saucer may allow the plant to suck up the run off, which may be in a concentrated solution due to evaporation, resulting in possible lock outs.
If you can't get a tray under all the plants, maybe a small hot water heater drain pan under each, with 1/2" tubing running to a drain.

Foreman000

Kinda figured there was a reason I wasn't seeing it done that way. Arminus I'm super stoked your the one to answer my ? I've read all of your threads. Big respect. planning on a thread soon hope u can drop in. Thanks for quick reply. Thanks for this thread HGO. :biggrin:

userb86

After reading page after page of this thread i've decided after growing in soil for 5yrs+ i'd give coco a run using the info from this thread from HGO and all the knowledgable ppl who chimed in. Great info, great advice, watch this space! !!!!

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
^^^^ Another happy customer :D What can I say, round here we live to give :laughing:

Be sure to come back and show us your results, brother.

All the best,
HGO

husk0245

Hey HGO, I just stumble onto your thread after talking with a few people that's having good result with coco. I'm currently running 2 1k on a 4x8 tray food and drain with 28 plants using grodan hugo. I don't understand the concept of DTW because I got different answer from different people. I would like to redo my setup using a drip system with 9x plants per light using 6.5L pots DTW. Below is my schedule and the ppm I'm currently running each week. What ppm would you reccomend for starter for DTW. I know I would have to read the runoff to see if my plants need more or less, but I dont want to burn my plants. My additives are silica, floralicious plus, diamond nectar, and root excel(till w3), and ewc tea.

tap water .25 ec

flower w1 transition:

6/9
MOAB 2 scoop
850 ppm

w2 day 7:

6/9
hydroplex
1000-1050

Day 14: 1050-1100
Day 21: 1100-1150
Day 28: 1150-1200
Day 35: 1200-1250

Day 42-56: 600, 1:2 ration Micro/Bloom MOAB/HH combo

Day 56-63 FLUSH

Kilok

Still learning,

Still learning,

After struggling for 9 weeks with coco coir and multiple setbacks due to initial over watering, followed by underwatrering and lack of call mag. I placed original phenotypes into flower late December 2 weeks prior clones takenx12 all of which rooted within 8 days and have shown explosive growth. Was hand watering once daily, currently have all plants being fed with water pump to .5gallon drip emmiters 3 times during lights on with small amount of runoff each times. Two days after installing dtw system the plants showed obvious signs of improvement and even enjoyed a heavy defoliation. Pics taken day 21 flower and clones day 7 flower

Piston Pete

Let me first start off by saying that this thread made me register on this forum and me go DTW.
A big thank you to HGO and everyone else supplying very useful info (and asking useful questions) in this thread.

Haven't even gotten around going through the rest of the forum, since I've spent the past week going through all pages and comments in this thread, (at least 3 or 4 times) which resulted in making myself a how-to-guide (for my own reference) based on all info found here so that I don't have to look for a specific answer/reply through the 39 (as of now) pages :)

Learned a LOT about why my recent harvest was kinda less than I expected it to be for a coco grow. (recently changed from soil to coco, both handwatering, but treating the coco as if it were soil). I was already planning on going either DWC or DTW and while searching for info on the interwebz, I came across this thread.

The past week while reading, I've been making a list of things I need to get my new round up and running. Got everything in and am going to put it all together this weekend. I wish I were able to run a nice room like I see some of you guys/gals have on here, but unfortunately my space is limited to a 120cmX120cmX200cm (Yes, I'm European) tent.

Nevertheless, better something than nothing.

My new seeds have just popped (Pineapple Kush - Royal Queen Seeds), have put ten to germinate of which 8 will eventually make it into the tent. 9 of them are already sticking their heads above ground (within 24hr).

I always make notes and pics of my grows, but not all turn into grow-reports as I know grow-reports take commitment and no-one likes unfinished grow-reports. For now though, I will add some pics to this thread every now and then.

Again, big S/O to HGO and all other people adding to this thread!

Ow... and first post!

Cheers, Piston Pete!

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Let me first start off by saying that this thread made me register on this forum and me go DTW.
A big thank you to HGO and everyone else supplying very useful info (and asking useful questions) in this thread.

Haven't even gotten around going through the rest of the forum, since I've spent the past week going through all pages and comments in this thread, (at least 3 or 4 times) which resulted in making myself a how-to-guide (for my own reference) based on all info found here so that I don't have to look for a specific answer/reply through the 39 (as of now) pages :)

Learned a LOT about why my recent harvest was kinda less than I expected it to be for a coco grow. (recently changed from soil to coco, both handwatering, but treating the coco as if it were soil). I was already planning on going either DWC or DTW and while searching for info on the interwebz, I came across this thread.

The past week while reading, I've been making a list of things I need to get my new round up and running. Got everything in and am going to put it all together this weekend. I wish I were able to run a nice room like I see some of you guys/gals have on here, but unfortunately my space is limited to a 120cmX120cmX200cm (Yes, I'm European) tent.

Nevertheless, better something than nothing.

My new seeds have just popped (Pineapple Kush - Royal Queen Seeds), have put ten to germinate of which 8 will eventually make it into the tent. 9 of them are already sticking their heads above ground (within 24hr).

I always make notes and pics of my grows, but not all turn into grow-reports as I know grow-reports take commitment and no-one likes unfinished grow-reports. For now though, I will add some pics to this thread every now and then.

Again, big S/O to HGO and all other people adding to this thread!

Ow... and first post!

Cheers, Piston Pete!

Go to the grow diaries section, and start a thread. Then you have a catch all for everything you do/take pics of. So then you aren't committed to a grow report, and can post whatever your heart desires without feeling guilty. That's what I did, and I love it.

dutchmasters420

Assembling a drip system now.

Hooking up a 8 way adjustable manifold to a 1/2 inch riser coming out of a ebb nd flow fitting on a 4x4 table to open 1/4 inch line in stakes. Any experience with the round 1/2 inch threaded manifolds?

Latest posts

Latest posts