What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A 20-Year Study on Marijuana Use Yields 5 Surprising Finds

Daub Marley

Wow this thread is developing fast. Can we get a mod to split the five points each individually into their own threads because everything is getting clustered and buried?

igrowone

Veteran
and let us not forget the recent observational study
in states where mmj has been passed, there was a 20 something percent reduction in mortality from prescription pain killer overdose
a rather impressive and concrete number
numbers like that normally mean billion dollar paydays for corporate pharma discoveries

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Even with all the drugs I have taken, I will not eat bacon. It is full of poisons! Can't touch that.

well, I live downwind of a MAJOR chemical plant. on a bad day, what settles out of the air here will blister the paint on your car if dew falls or it frosts. the average retiree in this plant lives (on average) a bit over two years after retiring. many die before reaching that age. I aint worried about bacon, nor drugs, nor geezers jumping the curb in their Buick & pinning me against the wall at the bank. I know something is gonna get me, and something is gonna get everyone else on here. I just want to make the time I have left here as enjoyable as possible without injuring anyone else, or being harassed by the "man"...:tiphat:

Hank Hemp

Veteran
Dependence vs Addication

Dependence vs Addication

can you explain the difference please :)

Doctor explained it like this to me. Addication starts with the recreational use ie. to get high, vs the medicinal use as prescribed by a doctor. To your body it's the same to your mind much different. :ying:

T

TheFarm

I remember smoking some excellent hash and hash oil back in the 1970s. Users adjust their dosage and keep smoking until they get the high they seek, whether that comes in one toke or fifty.

I'm a one toke fan myself, never had any that good, but the future keeps coming

Jhhnn

Veteran
The author's comment that he can't see federal law changing anytime RSN doesn't ring true, not considering the situation in DC.

Congress can't stop them from doing what they want if the DC police & the Obama DoJ won't stop them. The cognitive dissonance, the mental schism, of having pot shops in the Capital of a nation where pot is illegal can't possibly last for long. It's not a sustainable reality. The new Repub Congress would be the laughingstock of the world.

OTOH, I'm not sure they'd notice.

T

TheFarm

You can O.D. on it if you ingest enough (aka "bad trip") plenty on here have done it.
over dose=too much ................ over dose doesn't = foaming at the mouth,fall over dead.

Interesting point, can we hear some experiences of people who have had bad experiences with cannabis, I'd like to hear and learn more

mr.brunch

Veteran
I have had some 'almost acid ' like coming up feeling from edibles, but have done various psychedelics over the years so it was nice for me.... But I can see how it could freak people out if they have not experienced such things, or they weren't expecting it

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Interesting point, can we hear some experiences of people who have had bad experiences with cannabis, I'd like to hear and learn more

friend of mine partially collapsed a lung & we had to take him to the emergency room. of course, he was giving a shotgun, a seed popped into his mouth, & he accidentally inhaled the lit bowl....once we figured out that he was gonna live, it was (kind of) funny, LOL! "dammit, Craig! you BLOW through the pipe while giving a shotgun..."

T

TheFarm

friend of mine partially collapsed a lung & we had to take him to the emergency room. of course, he was giving a shotgun, a seed popped into his mouth, & he accidentally inhaled the lit bowl....once we figured out that he was gonna live, it was (kind of) funny, LOL! "dammit, Craig! you BLOW through the pipe while giving a shotgun..."

LOL, everything is dangerous in the wrong hands, or the wrong body organ I guess, thanks

DrFever

Veteran

haha i remember once when i was real young bunch of us were smoking anyways was down to roach and instead of passing it to buddy i said here i hold it giver lmaoo
no shit i watched this guy start to inhale and low and behold I watched the cherry on one side of my fingers shoot right down this guys throat i was still holding the roach but no flame anymore fuck i never laughed so hard in my life poor guy was coughing like a mofo

mr.brunch

Veteran
Even oxygen is a free-radical- known to be cancer causing.
Seriously, if we gave up everything that is said to harm us we would either suffocate, starve or have a heart attack through worry.
Everything in moderation

sprinkl

Veteran
I agree cannabis is not completely harmless, but compare it to alcohol, tobacco, common medication and even non-prescription medication and it would be less harmful than all those.

So now we're at the breaking point for accepting recreational use, and the public opinion seems to be turning against it, thanks to articles like these which make some good points but not one valid reason to keep it illegal. That is, unless we're going to be making everything illegal that is not completely harmless, including certain vegetables and spices, red meat, cars, everything containing chemical solvents, etc etc

mr.brunch

Veteran
Yes that!^^
Surely it's not the governments job to dictate our lives.... Unless we are really in some kind of sneaky, underhanded dictatorship....
I thought we called them 'civil servants ' because they are paid to do a job FOR us, not start giving us instructions on how to live.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Yes that!^^
Surely it's not the governments job to dictate our lives.... Unless we are really in some kind of sneaky, underhanded dictatorship....
I thought we called them 'civil servants ' because they are paid to do a job FOR us, not start giving us instructions on how to live.

and my computer tells me that "you must give some undeserving bastard some + rep before covering up Mr. Brunch with it again..." stupid fucking computer! :biggrin: i'll get you one way or the other, Mr. Brunch!