What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

89 Super Skunk f4’s landed !

Bud Jones

I'm not sure if I would do an open pollination with an F4. The next generation or 2 will be very refined, while an OP would create more seeds to dig through a pollination of males to all females in seperate rounds may be easier to select through. It would take several cycles but each male to all of the females may lock down what you are looking for faster. Find your females and make your best male selection, start with that. Use all the males seperately. You will have a good idea of what your favorite female is by the 2nd male being used. Label and write detailed notes...just my .02c
I get what you’re saying .. It’s a shame I only have one pack , I’m not sure these will be released again . I’m doing due diligence to research to pick the best strategy to preserve. All and any feedback is appreciated. I’ve said it before , I’m no breeder . But that being said , I think I have a decedent eye for selection. I’m all about learning, for me that what it’s all about ..:tiphat:

herbgreen

Veteran
The Sour Diesel story told by Mike AKA "the Weasel"

mass super skunk X (chemdog 91 x sensi Northern Lights)

These seeds in a 1/2 lb sold and that crew gave him back a cut which became Sour Diesel

Mike aka "Weasel" calls in @ 1:19

The Adam Dunn Show Of Weasel and Diesel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMr2aIV3c8g

X

Last edited:

AstroTHC

yeah in the end its not so important what is in it. or what is in chem91, I have never grew it, only chemD . but still hard to believe these two plants can create such effect ecsd has.. those guys were there, but they are huge consumers of chemdog buds, and this fact can easily deny authenticity or adequacy of their memories :D

today is northern lights known as low odor bud, but back in the days some versions were really pungent, for example in bubba kush there is pungent stinky NL for sure, as well as in A5 haze. if you ever grow these hybrids you know what old NL smells like approximately, I mean during flowering. I think that I can smell same stink at ecsd when its flowering.. its just speculation. hope my post is fun to read and dont disturb you anyhow...

edit: I don't personally give a F about phylos.. but I read dank.frank´s post where he stated that phylos shows that ecsd is genetically closer to chem4 than to chem91.. it will stay mystery anyway :D

I support Maha opinon SourDiesel is way to Up High for a chem x ss cross.

More and more i think it is (NL5xhaze)x(superskunk).:dance013:

Scrappy-doo

The Sour Diesel story told by Mike AKA "the Weasel"

mass super skunk X (chemdog 91 x sensi Northern Lights)

These seeds in a 1/2 lb sold and that crew gave him back a cut which became Sour Diesel

Mike aka "Weasel" calls in @ 1:19

The Adam Dunn Show Of Weasel and Diesel

X

A lot has happened since then. Sour Diesel is now known to be descendent from those bagseeds in Weasel's chem91. Albany crew grew them out, random herms happened and subsequent seeds made. In those seeds is where sour diesel was found.

This all came out in a Topdawg IG post maybe a year ago, but Adam Dunn recently had 'The Bro' on just a couple weeks ago, further confirming this new info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE9wLgwYUMA

Bud Jones

A lot has happened since then. Sour Diesel is now known to be descendent from those bagseeds in Weasel's chem91. Albany crew grew them out, random herms happened and subsequent seeds made. In those seeds is where sour diesel was found.

This all came out in a Topdawg IG post maybe a year ago, but Adam Dunn recently had 'The Bro' on just a couple weeks ago, further confirming this new info.

Wondering if Keith is on here ? We’ve had some dialog lately.. We shared some cool stories about eh Dam back in the day .. Dead fam sure brought some fuego ‘round ..

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I support Maha opinon SourDiesel is way to Up High for a chem x ss cross.

More and more i think it is (NL5xhaze)x(superskunk).:dance013:

yeah man, its fact that NL5 contains hawaiian(kona gold? which is known for sour terps? I found sour phenos in NL hybrids).. I dont see why chemdog cross with super skunk would need to flower 77 day +, it got no sense. super skunk makes anything super quick. its 55 days variety.

Bud Jones

yeah man, its fact that NL5 contains hawaiian(kona gold? which is known for sour terps? I found sour phenos in NL hybrids).. I dont see why chemdog cross with super skunk would need to flower 77 day +, it got no sense. super skunk makes anything super quick. its 55 days variety.
I just messaged NL Greg and asked him about that . Seeing he’s in Hawaii, you’re probably spot on ..

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
really? good job man, I am curious what he will answer. but its just speculation for fun from my side, as time is like big mountain with endless number of enters, exits and tunnels through, Minotaur´s labyrinth is nothing compared to that .. we want to get back, we will get lost as we are mortals, not immortals. Plato stated that all our discovering is just remembering.. but he believed that our souls are immortal. theoreticians of quantum physics claim it should be possible to get back-- theoretically. no technology and measurements for it yet, when we will have it, will we become immortal? ha! metaphysics! :D :D :D

AstroTHC

Have you ever smoked Giesel (Chem D x Mass Super Skunk)? Its very up high and very similar to Sour Diesel because of the likely shared Mass Super Skunk parent.

Never smoked Giesel but Chem to me is old Shiva Shanty like...phenos from lemon earthy to Garlic skunk peper....

Shiva Shanti have that kind of high like chems...

AstroTHC

Also if you grow Jack Herrer from sensi you have 3 phenos 1 lemony sativa 2 dank skunky one which smell sometimes lil bit lemony, and hazy smelling indica.

So maybe it is Jack Herrer x super skunk.

We would never know.

AstroTHC

i think that all todays strains comes from old the seed bank of holland i read somwhere that neville sold 500000 dollars worth of seeds to USA how many phenos.

most expenisve was nl5haze 100 $ the cheapest was chi p variabilis today aka indica sativa mixes middle is 6$ a seeds most what sell neville is nl whic was 80$ so mid of this is 7$ per seed.
71.428 it is how many seeds he sell.
probably 35.000 fem cultivars were grown.
math is only truth.

AstroTHC

last time i grown some super skunk of sensi it was good as always it was about 2011 it will reek a house little 20g bag.

3 phenos were there one indica very strong and afghany influenced it was sweat and creamy indica like classic boring skunk and sativa phenotipes who are close to sour diesel/chem in smell but i never find so lemony spicy euphoric one like SD. Always pure astirgnet without lemon diesel and strong skunk high without euphoric feeling like SD. It will need 75-77 days and they are the best phenos you can find. 3thd phenos are all in between of those two.

Cannavore

Veteran
so mass super skunk is a Sensi SS Pheno ?

it's supposed to be an '86 Super Skunk... so The Seed Bank or Sensi Seeds is likely the origin I would guess.

when you smoke giesel you instantly realize its more of a sour type high. very uplifting energetic but nowhere near as good as the sour d, imo.

herbgreen

Veteran

yeah, heard that one

AJ questions the weasel timeline and making all those crosses

@1:58 in the last part of that weasel show

Right, so that is one good reason to think that way

Bud Jones

really? good job man, I am curious what he will answer. but its just speculation for fun from my side, as time is like big mountain with endless number of enters, exits and tunnels through, Minotaur´s labyrinth is nothing compared to that .. we want to get back, we will get lost as we are mortals, not immortals. Plato stated that all our discovering is just remembering.. but he believed that our souls are immortal. theoreticians of quantum physics claim it should be possible to get back-- theoretically. no technology and measurements for it yet, when we will have it, will we become immortal? ha! meta oh physics! :D :D :D
NL Greg just messaged me and said he was booted off ICMAG . That sucks . His response regarding if a Hawaiian was in the equation was “consider the source” meaning no Hawaiian is the NL5 equation..