What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

89 Super Skunk f4’s landed !

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
4-way huh? Way to bring back that old school!! Nice to hear you had some good results with newer Sensi Genetics, so many classics in that vault. There was a Sensi thread recently with a lot of not-so-good feedback of the current state of their beans so it’s cool to hear some positives.

There’s a lot of Sensi stuff I’d like to run if it was worth the time - SuperSkunk, Afghan, NL5/Haze, G13/HP, California Indica (first “real” strain I ever grew back around 95’). Curious about that 4-way now too haha

I know exactly what you mean about it being worth the time. If your like me, you depend on your crops for financial stability and have to worry about keeping the "good stuff" in rotation to keep sales steady.. This is why I am going to wait until outdoor season to run them. If I had more room, sure I would pop a few packs of Sensi gear and run it indoors but I can't take the risk.. at least not at this moment.

I follow them on FB and I see tons of good reviews on there, people posting photos and excellent feedback. I'm not gonna go all out with just Sensi but I want to run the 4way, hindu kush, Sk#1, Super skunk, and maybe a couple more. I think I'm also going to try MNS and flying dutchman as well and see who is really keeping it old school between the three.

California Indica was a great one too back in its prime. If Four Way is anything like it was a few years ago, you would absolutely fall in love with it..

Bud Jones

I'm fixing to say the hell with it and grow a few packs of new Sensi stuff out... Is that your cut?? She is beautiful! Would love to have it. You're lucky.

Back about 5 years ago (everyone was telling me I was wasting my time growing new Sensi stock out) I grew out a pack of Sensi Northern Lights. I had 5 females. Four phenos were identical to each other basically. Frosty, piney/cat pissy, a touch of spice and light earth. No sweetness period.

The 5th pheno was totally the opposite, almost to the point that I thought I had got some labeling messed up. Come to find out, it was the NL#5 pheno... It was wicked potent, sweet and skunky with maybe a light berry earthy nose... very pungent. Took a cut and ended up losing it after my second run with it. Everyone LOVED that cut and I would give anything to have it back. All it took was one pack to find it. It finished super fast and yielded pretty darn good... This leads me to believe there is still fire to be found in Sensi gear.

An old friend I used to grow commercial guerilla crops with outdoors, went all out about 8 years ago and did all sensi stuff. We had an absolute wicked Four Way pheno, circulated the cut for a few years and eventually lost it too. Was some of the best, high yielding, mold resistant stuff I've ever grown. Finished end of September, bright lime/light green buds that reeked of sweet skunk and coffee with sharp earth tones... It would mess you up.

You ever had experience with Four Way? I think I'm gonna give it a shot in the dark this year and a few others from Sensi as well. Would not be considering it if it weren't for finding that #5 a few years ago in one pack. I'm craving all those old school flowers again.
I have a line on the old Fairfax cut 4 way .. Graham has a cut .. He’s going to do S1’s and an NL1 cross , beans are coming shortly .. I’m happy to hear Sensi is putting out some flame , However I’m afraid to try them, knowing they lost a lot of original moms ..Please keep us in the loop of and when you run the new Sensi stock, my curiosity is piqued. Good luck �� :tiphat:

Last edited:

eastcoastjoe

This was a pleasure to grow. I’m glad I was able to get these back out to people to grow

Attachments

• 626CE989-A1E7-45FD-984C-BB7E7D7636A3.jpg
    626CE989-A1E7-45FD-984C-BB7E7D7636A3.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 61
  • A8711E00-0270-4755-ABB2-D20063ECB547.jpg
    A8711E00-0270-4755-ABB2-D20063ECB547.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 59
  • BEF38F66-00DA-4E48-83E6-29DF0A6177A2.jpg
    BEF38F66-00DA-4E48-83E6-29DF0A6177A2.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 55D7667A-29C7-47FF-89A9-FA28CC71649F.jpg
    55D7667A-29C7-47FF-89A9-FA28CC71649F.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 64
  • D52FB884-F328-4867-ACB9-A6A1A4CC1EBD.jpg
    D52FB884-F328-4867-ACB9-A6A1A4CC1EBD.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 70

Happy Times

The Sour Diesel story told by Mike AKA "the Weasel"

mass super skunk X (chemdog 91 x sensi Northern Lights)

These seeds in a 1/2 lb sold and that crew gave him back a cut which became Sour Diesel

Mike aka "Weasel" calls in @ 1:19

The Adam Dunn Show Of Weasel and Diesel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMr2aIV3c8g

X

Thanks for posting that link, never knew Super Skunk was the female

And didnt know about the male being a (NL (male) x 91 Chemdog (female))

Edit: For those who don’t have time to listen: Mike aka Weasel brings back Sensi NL (and other) seeds from Amsterdam via penile stealth methods. On the way home there’s a problem with getting searched at customs but the seeds make it back safely.

He pops the NL and picks best male, hits it to 91’ Chemdog lady. The first seed from that cross becomes Underdawg (spelling?). They grew out a lot of these seeds but somehow the first seed popped turned out the best lady.

A male is selected from that same seed batch (so it’s a brother to the Underdawg) and crossed to SuperSkunk. Sounds like a bunch of this intentionally seeded SuperSkunk is sold, and one of those seeds popped became Sour Diesel.

herbgreen

Veteran
Thanks for posting that link, never knew Super Skunk was the female

And didnt know about the male being a (NL (male) x 91 Chemdog (female))

Right, and that's Mike K aka 'weasel' and how he's remembering it

He was the one who made the seeds that started it all and eventually became Sour D

But people question that whole time line It may be a chem 91 that reversed to itself or something else in the room grown by the "Albany crew'' that he gave the bag w/seeds in it

We know its chemdog 91 thats known... whatever else it is that's debatable

Thats why 'The Bro' AJ and the weasel and Manny who suppose to have poped the seed in question need to get on the same room and hash it out one last time

I like hearing from the folks who were the ones that were really there :biggrin:

Bud Jones

I think I’ll OP the whole pack this spring.
Excellent !! Preservation my friend . Back up all the keepers ! I’m stoked for you and anyone else that snagged them .. He just said he’s got a few packs left . Y’all better move quick lol ...

D3pthCharg3

4-way huh? Way to bring back that old school!! Nice to hear you had some good results with newer Sensi Genetics, so many classics in that vault. There was a Sensi thread recently with a lot of not-so-good feedback of the current state of their beans so it’s cool to hear some positives.

There’s a lot of Sensi stuff I’d like to run if it was worth the time - SuperSkunk, Afghan, NL5/Haze, G13/HP, California Indica (first “real” strain I ever grew back around 95’). Curious about that 4-way now too haha

I agree, so many classics by Sensi. I remember reading their catalog in 1996 like 3 Million times, haha. I sooo wanna go for one of their old school packs but always hear that Sensi hate...

Miraculous Meds

Fond memories of a couple classic lines i remember. We had a 4 way cut in our circle that grew huge buds, loose structure, and the stinkiest skunk leaning aroma. Flavor was sub par, but high was elevating.

Super skunk, we ran that for a while too, same time as the ak fruity pebbles cut. Our SS was sweet, citrus funk, with a pungent stink.

Bud Jones

Fond memories of a couple classic lines i remember. We had a 4 way cut in our circle that grew huge buds, loose structure, and the stinkiest skunk leaning aroma. Flavor was sub par, but high was elevating.

Super skunk, we ran that for a while too, same time as the ak fruity pebbles cut. Our SS was sweet, citrus funk, with a pungent stink.
If I’m not mistaken , 4 way has some Ruderalis in it ?? The Fairfax cut is still alive and well .. Was a staple during the 90’s Dead scene in the NE . I’m getting warm soft and fuzzy thinking about that era haha ..

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
If I’m not mistaken , 4 way has some Ruderalis in it ?? The Fairfax cut is still alive and well .. Was a staple during the 90’s Dead scene in the NE . I’m getting warm soft and fuzzy thinking about that era haha ..

No there is no ruderallis in four way, but it does finish fast and early. Most phenos will be ready between September 10th- October 1st...

Four way is 80% indica and 20% sativa. The exact genetics are Afghani, Pakistani and Indian genetics, combined with Skunk #1.

I just contacted Sensi about this one and asked them some questions... To my surprise they no longer Carry it and it is not listed on there site anymore. This had to of been recent because I seen them in stock a couple of months ago. I do see several seed banks that carry Sensi gear still has it in stock, so if anyone ever wants to give it a shot you better get to ordering... When it's gone, it's gone :( ....

I think I'll grab a few packs of it and search for the old cut we used to run, at least something close or if possible, even better...

I asked them why it was discontinued. They told me they could not provide me the reason as they did not know... Hmmm, must have just been a sales representative.

Bud Jones

No there is no ruderallis in four way, but it does finish fast and early. Most phenos will be ready between September 10th- October 1st...

Four way is 80% indica and 20% sativa. The exact genetics are Afghani, Pakistani and Indian genetics, combined with Skunk #1.

I just contacted Sensi about this one and asked them some questions... To my surprise they no longer Carry it and it is not listed on there site anymore. This had to of been recent because I seen them in stock a couple of months ago. I do see several seed banks that carry Sensi gear still has it in stock, so if anyone ever wants to give it a shot you better get to ordering... When it's gone, it's gone :( ....

I think I'll grab a few packs of it and search for the old cut we used to run, at least something close or if possible, even better...

I asked them why it was discontinued. They told me they could not provide me the reason as they did not know... Hmmm, must have just been a sales representative.
Pm sent ✌️😊

How did these end up turning out for you? I grabbed a pack of them when they were available. I’m thinking of popping em soon to work Into a project and want to see/hear what others are getting from em. Particularly structure and terpene profiles.

kaneboy

what a awesome read ,I sure have great memories with superskunk back in the day when we first started growing indoors,she sure was the performer of the bunch,good luck guys man to get some of those beans wow the possibilitys

HAZENACIOUS

I was thinking I could attempt to recreate ECSD. Note I said attempt lol . I’m just a chucker with a good eye for detail lol . Wouldn’t that be Super Skunk /Chem 91 ?? Anywhoo these should be nice . I miss the old day ..
Hi Budjones,
Awesome thread, nice score on those seeds.
Would have also recommended Open Pollination on the first run, once you have bulked up, then you can select the best F4 males and females, for progeny testing on future runs.
What did you wind up doing to preserve them?

Lol, that's a good one, you'd be missing a key ingredient, but that skunk looks legit, 89 was a good year for the Seedbank, I got some 5hz from that year still working with her descendents.

How about the opposite?
I managed to pull a golden superskunk type pheno out of some ECSD crosses I made, she mostly is lime green at harvest and fades more to golden after a 4 month cure, anyway she looks a lot like the super skunk pictured, very cool. Thank you for sharing.

Golden Superskunk pheno(bud on left) pulled from a diesel hybrid next to some Haze

picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

Canna-bill

This a SS I selected for yield mainly, she's got a deep sour cheesy skunk funk going on. Goes 9 weeks, these pics are at day 46.

Attachments

• 20201003_064921.jpg
    20201003_064921.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 20201003_064953.jpg
    20201003_064953.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 20201003_065021.jpg
    20201003_065021.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 46