What's new

86W LED Filing Cabinet

Dion

thanks everyone all valid points, I was and still am leaning towards getting smh and modding it, the door is smh Id surely fuck up lol

peace

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I'm looking forward to seeing one large auto in contrast to the candy SOG, hope it responds well to training. ...

I grew these once before. It was my second grow in this cab. Last time I did a ScrOG, I may just go natural this time. It was real fun, and I even used the webcam.

FjSy797.jpg

Here is the time-lapse from that grow.

Thanks for letting us hijack your thread a bit Reikox to talk about micro things!! :smoker:
:hijacked:
This is exactly what these threads are for; to share ideas and information. I hate threads with a bunch of "nice plants" posts.

thanks everyone all valid points, I was and still am leaning towards getting smh and modding it, the door is smh Id surely fuck up lol

peace
I think that's the best thing for your situation. Have fun, and keep your eye out on the curb. I see people throwing out "grow" cabs all the time!
Now get to work. :whip:

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

20160912 - Plan C.jpg
Well here we go with Plan C. I took the soil out of the OBBT and put it in this container. The center is a couple of Jiffy pellets, I'll put the seed directly in there. It has been soaking for 24 hours, I'll move it to paper towels tonight.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

from soak to soil is how i roll

20160907 - Seedling.jpg
I skipped the paper towels this time. Once the seed cracked, I planted it in the peat. I covered it with a semi-transparent cup. A couple days later she is above ground.

UPDATE: After this picture was taken, I knocked over the whole pot on top of her. She seems to have shaken it off, but it may have cost me a day or two.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

201609 - 10 days old.jpg
A little over a week and she is working on her 3rd node. I probably lost a day or two worth of growth when I dropped her, but she's starting to take off now.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

20161002 - Two Weeks.jpg
Two weeks since she's been above soil. Today she got her first full fledged feeding. Up until now, she has only gotten a small bit of water around the root zone. Today she got 1/2 gallon of:
16 ml/gal Bio Vega
8 ml/gal Rhizotonic
5 ml/gal SM-90

Gnz

Looking good Reiko, bet she's sending out some serious roots! I like those trays, similar size to what I'm trying next.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

20161009 - Day20.jpg
Today she is 20 days since germination. I fed her a little over 1/2 gallon of:
10 ml/gal Bio Vega
8 ml/gal Bio Boost
2 ml/gal Rhizotonic
5 ml/gal SM-90

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

20161015 - 26 Days.jpg
26 days since germination. The speed of these things just blows my mind. They advertise eight weeks from seed, so I'm about half way there. I thought about letting it go long and hoping for some nanner pollen.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

20161022 - FVA day 33.jpg
A mere 33 days from seed. They sure do live up to the fast part of their name.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

picture.php

Today is day 48 for her. This time she is looking much better than when I had her in a screen. The breeder states eight weeks from germination, so that's in a week.

I plan to take the main cola as well as a few of the bigger side branches. The lower branches will remain to over flower. This is in hopes of producing some male pollen sacks. I thought about severely stressing it by giving it a high nitrogen, high pH diet and putting my timer on "random".

picture.php

Here is a closeup of the main cola. not quite ready, but it's getting close. I'm looking for a bit of amber color for a more nighttime smoke.

After the lower part is over flowered, I am going to try a water cure and make some tincture. I've been wanting to try the water cure for a while, but never got around to it. This strain is not dank and is a bit odd smelling. It has a spicy and savory smell that also carries over to the flavor. One of my friends says it tastes like steak.

Gnz

This is Heavyweight Fast and Vast right?

The smell/flavors sound unusual, looking forward to hearing how it smokes!

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
This is Heavyweight Fast and Vast right?

The smell/flavors sound unusual, looking forward to hearing how it smokes!

Yeah they are Heavyweight seeds. It's an interesting cultivar, it has a good body stone that mostly sedative in effect. Lately I've just been staring at her trying to decide what to do with her. She's starting to fade into fall colors. I still fed the Bio Boost this last week, so no flush (intentionally).

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

picture.php

Eight weeks exactly, today is chop chop time! I already started taking all the big yellow fan leaves before I remembered to take the picture.

picture.php

This will definitely be a better yield than using the ScrOG last time. That main cola is one of the biggest I've grown yet. I really think I'm dialing this cabinet in.

picture.php

I didn't harvest all of her, the bottom third or so I left intact. My plan is to get these buds to produce pollen sacks. Some of the ways I know that can cause hermaphrodites include genetics, chemical stress, light pollution, heat stress, pH stress, over fertilization, over flowering. More or less, I'm trying to stress her out without killing her.

Its too late to try chemical stresses. I'm sure she is susceptible to it because they are feminized. I gave her a high nitrogen feeding, and I adjusted the pH to 7.5. She's in the "lung room" where the temperature is about 10° F cooler. I'm also keeping a 45 W CFL over her with a somewhat random light schedule. Because it is an auto flowering cultivar, I'm not sure if we can stress her with just lighting.

decreasing light to 8 or less and up and down
ive heard some tales from the crypt about bananapeels in plastic bag and covering a branch with it

M

Mr. Sparkle

It will take some time but you could always re veg, take clones then go down the colloidal silver route if wanting seeds. Sure some plants when stressed throw pollen sacs like you just looked at them wrong but in the end do you really want to keep those genetics if they are more susceptible to doing that ? probably not, then again some plants no matter how much stress you throw at them they just keep being female.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
It will take some time but you could always re veg, take clones then go down the colloidal silver route if wanting seeds. Sure some plants when stressed throw pollen sacs like you just looked at them wrong but in the end do you really want to keep those genetics if they are more susceptible to doing that ? probably not, then again some plants no matter how much stress you throw at them they just keep being female.
If she was a photo period cultivar, that would work great, but she is an auto flowering cultivar. Interestingly, this is exactly what I would do to reveg. Well minus the random lights and high pH.

As far as breeding the tendency for hermaphrodites, these are for personal use and the stress I'm creating is outside the normal conditions I grow. I have an Afghani cut that will throw "nanners" if flowered for nine weeks. I can live with that, but it's not a desirable trait. The Pineapple Express that went hermaphrodite on me when grown in the summer, however, nearly ruined my grow. Well guess where that seed came from? A hermaphrodite got unnoticed when the grow room at the dispensary had a problem with their AC.
:toohot:

This really is just me being cheap and lazy. It would probably be easier just to grow a pack of regular auto flowering seeds and make some F2s. If it doesn't work out, then I will go the long way about it and use CS on my last seed. I'll hit up some clones with it and begin the breeding process to create my own auto flowering cultivar. Maybe I'll cross it with a CBD cultivar and see if Rob Clarke has an aneurysm.
:laughing:

Latest posts

Latest posts