What's new

86W LED Filing Cabinet

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Damn bro, nice pull on the cabinet! :) Love the cob idea, I always wanted to try it. Let us know how its smoke compared to the regular smoke!

Enjoy!

Peace BW!

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Thanks BW, but I'm kind of disappointed with the pull. 19 grams for 86 watts of light is like 0.2 gpw. Most of that was poor growing on my part. It's 19 more grams than I would have if I would have thrown it away. Though in that time I could have been done with the Fast and Vast Auto, it's started now.

I'm excited for the cob for sure. The regular buds are very potent, though a bit stoney. It does give me a bit of confusion and dizziness like alcohol. I smoked some this morning, then smoked some 8% CBD (Dan's Afghani CBD) after. I've been high as a kite for the last three hours and it's still going strong!

every gram is a gram more than nothing indeed

next time take a least a month of veg and dont top (or at least not before 5th node) i think it will be one big bush

Dion

i know u know it but even with innifiecient cobs you could get over 12000 lumens in their with that wattage

I suggest you look into using a single cxb3590 on a cpu cooler or those cheap cxa2530/40s from new egg

or ofcourse the veros lol

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
every gram is a gram more than nothing indeed

next time take a least a month of veg and dont top (or at least not before 5th node) i think it will be one big bush

Yeah, the extea week or two of veg would have been worth it in the long run. This round I have a Fast and Vast Auto going in there. It should end up being a bush like you said, I may put the screen back.

i know u know it but even with innifiecient cobs you could get over 12000 lumens in their with that wattage

I suggest you look into using a single cxb3590 on a cpu cooler or those cheap cxa2530/40s from new egg

or ofcourse the veros lol

Right, but I payed $32 for these lights ;) The lights aren't the problem, it's the grower. I put a weak dying plant into 12/12 without much veg. I'm giving them another shot.

I am looking at those cxb3590s to replace my Blackstar Chromes. They are 5W Cree, I wonder what drivers are in there. Only one is still under warranty, maybe I'll crack the other one else open and see. Hopefully come tax time I'll have some extra cash to throw at it.

Damn you for tempting me with your damn COBs.
:laughing:

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

8t3azJl.gif

Took me a while to get this put together, but here is a time lapse from the last grow. I had the web cam taking pictures. I actually have a full movie of this that's even better, but it was way too big to actually share.

IMG_20160208_202908.938.jpg
Took the cob cure out. Looks like it worked to me. Quick dried a bit and it was quite enjoyable. I'll be letting this dry in a cool dark place for a few days, then jar them up to save for a while.

2016-02-08-203417.jpg
Here is a trichrome shot. It looks like I got something to happen. I quick dried a sample and it seems like it did exactly what I wanted. It gave the bud some character. I'm going to dry it and cure it for a while before giving a full smoke report.

Hey, ReikoX, congrats on the harvest!
As HuffnPufferfish says, each gram is a gram more than nothing, and you have other plants going ;).
19 grams in a PC - many dream to have that by harvest.
Cool GIF you've done!
Will be waiting for the smoke rep.
++

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

IMG_20160209_175137.399.jpg
Plugged the filing cabinet into my Kill A Watt. Seems like the LEDs really are pulling what they say.

IMG_20160209_175425.939.jpg
The next round is under way. Here is the little Fast and Vast Auto. Let's see how fast they really are.

IMG_20160209_182542.369.jpg
I got some original Blumats. I often go on trips for work so I wanted to see how these will work out for me.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

IMG_20160211_231429.468.jpg
The Blumat is working ok, I'm sure it would help if I had to go away for a week. It wouldn't substitute watering. I gave her 5 oz of distilled water and replaced the tap water with distilled in the coke bottle.

Hey, ReikoX!
Nice setups your have – can’t help checking your threads )))

Blumat – I’m almost sure it works well. It doesn’t need water pressure to work – am I right? You can stand a bottle of water next to the pot with a Blumat and it will transport water to the soil at a desired flow rate?

The soil you have looks good to me. What kind of soil is it and for how long have you been using it? Are those white pellets – perlite?

Kill a Watt – nice piece of electronics to play around ))). I wish I knew precisely how much power does my box drive from the line.

Good luck for your Fast and Vast Auto!

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Hey StrangeVisitor,
That's how the Blumats are designed yes. They work ok for vacation, but would use the pressure ones as a permanent watering solution.
The soil is Fox Farms Coco Loco. Yes the white is perlite, it also has coco coir, EWC, guano, and mycos. A pretty good organic soil pre-made. I supplement with the Bio Canna line.
That Fast and Vast Auto sure is living up to the fast part. Only a week old and working on a third set of leaves. This time I hope to do the time lapse from seedling to flower.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

IMG_20160214_223300.704.jpg
Hard to believe this little girl is just under two weeks since she was between paper towels. I fed her:
10 ml/gal Bio Vega
8 ml/gal Rhizotonic

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Cool cabinet build and I like the time lapse .gif of your last grow.

Hola Bueno, thanks for stopping by. I'm doing the timelapse again from veg this time. All I have to say is WOW these autos are fast, doubly so when watching the timelapse. Timelapse.... :chin: that would make a great name for a strain.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

IMG_20160221_173133.426.jpg
I added a mulch layer of granular diatomaceous earth (NAPA #8822). She is already showing pre-flowers at a mere 18 days! WOW she sure is fast, just how I like them ;) She's grown 1" in two days. At this rate I'll need to lower the pot again in two more days.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

Watered with 20 oz pH 6.0 water with Superthrive. I removed the Blumat, I will use them the next time I have to go out of town. She's reached four inches in height, so I lowered the pot another two inches. When she gets to be six inches, I'll lower the pot again and put on the screen. I can't believe how fast this thing is.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

Sorry for the lack of pictures, I keep forgetting to snap some. She is growing like crazy now. Can't wait until the buds start to fatten up.

I lowered the pot another 4" and put the screen up then fed:

12 ml/gal Bio Vega
8 ml/gal Bio Boost
2 ml/gal Rhizotonic

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

IMG_20160302_212734.165.jpg
It's been a while since you have seen this girl. Can you believe that she is only four weeks old? Amazing! I've been having to tuck her back under the screen twice a day. She got watered with 1/2 gallon of pH 6.0 water.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

Fed 1/2 gallon of:
12 ml/gal Bio Flores
8 ml/gal Bio Boost
2 ml/gal Rhizotonic

Latest posts

Latest posts