What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

86W LED Filing Cabinet

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Reikox need some input on those leds its my only day off for a week plants are almost to lights in veg gotta get flower room ready would like to use those leds havin trouble finding them whats local club store can we say walmart home depot or something of sort???

Costco/Sam's club

Great seeing her finish up! roots are looking healthy :biggrin:

Thanks for stopping by. I will be trimming her up and doing a cob cure soon. She is plenty potent and smooth, but lacks character. I'm hoping the cob cure will add a little something to make this special.

I re looked at blynx he seemed to have moved on to the screw in 10 watt leds n got 1gpw runnin 30 watts n yielded 33 grams not bad at all would you recomend cob led or screw in led

Ok cool which wattage leds should i get n yea i see that plus i dont have club card n should i do straight leds in flowering how many should i run blynx did 3 at 10 watt ea in a cab about the size of my flower box im thinking at least 6 10 watt leds n maybe cfls or no? N leds will say if theyre 2700k right

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I think 6 10W will be plenty of light, forget about CFL. Get warm white if they don't say 2700K.

Ok thank you alot reikox i really appreciate it i really do sorry to keep bugging you 1 more question they need to be just straight down evenly spread can i mount socket on ceiling or will that create to much heat on bulb or anything

Cool appreciate it reikox bout to get started on this move plants to flower side tonight but keep them vegging just so they have more room n see how it goes

The led im lookin at is 800 lumen ea 11 watt ea can that really be better than 1620 lumen 23 watt cfl not questioning anybody i see it worked for u and blynx but maybe your leds are better

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Yes, that's the whole point of blynx thread. Lumens is a horrible metric for light. Lux is somewhat better, but nobody uses that to sell light bulbs. Basically when you use a CFL light goes in every direction. When you use LED the light is directed toward the plants. That's why they are more efficient.

Where do I get the flat ones like he had i see one here at 3.5 watt for 15 dollars i see some perfect ones but they have glass circle cover on end does that just pop off or break it if its glass and theyl be flat underneath

1 more thing reikox would u stick with six in my space or go for 8 looking to do nore than 1 plant at time n aint too worried abput heat i shouldnt have problems with heat

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

After three days of drying, the buds were trimmed and manicured. This strain sure had a lot of sugar leaves. Final weight was 19 grams. A little short of my goal of an oz, but not bad for a mercy grow.

The bud is potent and full of trichromes. It grabs you behind the eyes and is a bit disorienting. The smoke is smooth but the flavor lacks character. Like the flavor, the aroma is subtle with maybe a hint of mint and pine.

IMG_20160202_213807.086.jpg
I hope that by cob curing this it will give it some character. I used 14 grams and wrapped it as tight as I could with hemp string.

IMG_20160202_220422.121.jpg
Here is my first cob ready to sweat. Since I only used 1/2 oz, I will check on it in a few days.

IMG_20160202_220932.643.jpg
While that was going on I cracked one of the Fast and Vast Auto seeds. This is what I planned to run in the cab before I threw the THC Bomb in there.

IMG_20160202_221416.931.jpg
I'm going to use the ScrOG screen again. So I planted the seed in the final container and made a humidity dome for it out of a 2 liters soda bottle.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

The Fast and Vast Auto is above ground now. The soil was pretty dry so I added about 5 oz (150 ml) around the seedling.

IMG_20160204_210415.443.jpg
When I checked on my cob I noticed it had started to shrink, so I opened the bag and took a look. Looks like it's starting to sweat. The outside of the cob was still damp.

IMG_20160204_211449.731.jpg
So I wrapped it back up, tightened up the string and compressed it some more. After that I put it back in a vacuum bag and put it back in a cool dark place.