What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

864 Watt L.E.D grow show

Blaz3

Very nice borther,I hope it yields well..I gotta say Iv always been interested in LEDS..mighth have to start researching them more..are the yields better than when they first came out?

M

Mtn Dew

7 gal pot
Mix consists of
2 bags Ocean Forest
2 bags Happy Frog
2 bags Canna Coco
2 30lb bags EWC
1 bag Ancient Forest
1/2 bag Chunky perlite
2 cups blood meal
2 cups bone meal
2 cups dolomite lime
1 cup Fox farm fruit and flower
1 cup Great White

The mix is always evolving and has changed twice since i've potted this Deathstar. Any input is always appreciated.

Humic Acid and kelp meal

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I checked it out on HTG web page. They don't mention led brand names, so we can assume not top shelf.

Still, it's a good spectral blend, better than 95% of current fixtures being sold.

$899 would be an awesome price for 864 watts, but it's still a pretty decent price for 500+,

It should do a great job covering ~ 2 X 3, and so far it's looking good. Vegging is rarely a problem, and budding spectrums are good too. Don't recall if HTG mentioned the amount of each spectrum. A 10% variation off best balance would affect yield.

Subbed
:lurk:

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Canoodling HTGs site, I came across this tasty tidbit on their UFO page: that seems like a great single plant light for $150

Plant growth 101:

Plants grow by the process of photosynthesis. Chlorophyll is vital for photosynthesis, which allows plants to obtain energy from light. Plants only absorb certain light spectrums, mostly blue and red, while nearly all others are reflected or otherwise unused by the plant. Light spectrums are measured in nanometers or “nm”. Chlorophyll production is made up of two parts, A and B. Maximum chlorophyll A production occurs at 662nm (for red) and 430nm (for blue), while maximum chlorophyll B production occurs at 642nm (for red) and 453nm (for blue). These are the peak points at which chlorophyll production is maximized, even just a few nm above or below these points will significantly reduce production. Our PHD recommended that we find these exact spectrums to maximize plant growth.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
Can't wait for the updates!

I have 6 flowering lights that I will have setup within the next month or so and excited to see how they do. The watt difference between the real watts and the advertised ones really shocked me with your light and once I get a kill a watt meter I am going to test all the led panels and post up the data for everyone.

I think knowing the actual wattage is very important and the led sellers should be made aware of this. You would think they would have tested their leds with a watt meter when putting out the specs unless they just copy them from the manufacturer they buy them through.

What are your thoughts on getting to that 1 pound mark with that setup? I will be doing a ton of 2x3 grow chambers and running 200x3w panels among others. If yours was a 800w+ advertised and only getting 500w+ it makes me wonder what the 200x3w panels will show actual wattage wise.

Can't wait for the next pic updates, they are growing great.

I also plan to move inside [I'm an outoorer] and I'm very interested about any LED grow because I hate the hotter HPS.
Your grow looks great!

Looking for an update.

Wish you a big yeald!:tiphat:

vukman

Veteran
The manufacturer claims this is a 864 watt unit. When I hooked it up to the Kill a watt meter this is what we get

View Image

It fluctuates between 514-520
sorry I'm joining this bandwagon late.. I just saw the thread...

The difference between the full wattage and real wattage is that they count the LED's then multiply by the rated wattage of them. The real draw is because they under-power them because if they didn't, they wouldn't last a year. Just like any other electrical device, they are very sensitive. Under-powering them gives them the lifespan which they are rated at.

If they are 3W LED's of a high quality, you can (probably shouldn't) change out the drivers to pump out more wattage but it'll really shorten the life expectancy.

The lights I got, I asked the manufacturer if he could bump the wattage output. I have 2-500W units.. they draw 294-298W (with fans).......he said he could give me a 30W increase but that would void the warranty from 3 years to 1 year...I opted to leave them alone...:)

<add edit>.........DOH.....didn't see someone already explained all this...
Good Luck with your grow

Last edited:

RaNgEr RiCk

Overall i'm impressed with this light. However the first plant that was put to the test will turn out less than impressive. Here she is day 69 bloom. Found mites on her around day 46, treated with Ed Rosenthals Zero Tolerance 1/4 strength over the coarse of a week. Mites are gone but the plant showed signs of burn, partly Zero T, partly over nute. Will have to check the Deathstar threads as this is my first time running her, but at this point I assume she is a light feeder.

Deathstar Day 69

RaNgEr RiCk

those mites are a pain in the ass

just clean up between grows

This is the first i've had them. I'm pretty confident that they originated from this plant. I acquired her already potted, and didnt notice anything at the time. After I had taken clones from her, I noticed that the side of my cloner where I placed the 4 DS cuts was crawling with mites. I checked everything in my main rooms and the big Death Star was the only one infected. The Ed Rosenthals Zero T used at full strength completely wiped them out in my cloner. Some clones were sacrificed in the process, but the ones with strong roots made it through and are still mite free.

RaNgEr RiCk

Next up in the LED room we have 3 Sour Bubbles, and 3 Confidential Cheese. After careful review it seems as though this will be the last of the Conf Cheese. All plants in 2 gal pots.....

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah the Dstar is a light feeder man I have read and experienced now. She did get pretty chewed up it looks like. Just so you know they didn't come along with the cut bro, haven't seen a mite in a long while. Mites are bastards, consider yourself lucky to make it this far into your grows without seeing one. I think the mites came with the jamcian wahakin woheeken moteekin cut you had, a name like that it has to have an STD! Today was day 70 for me on dstar, she will be coming down at 77. I sampled some a few days ago and the stone is very nice. Sour Bubble under LED should be interesting man.

vukman

Veteran
PetFlora;5277157[I said:
Chlorophyll production is made up of two parts, A and B. Maximum chlorophyll A production occurs at 662nm [/I]

Everything that I've read from scientific papers and journals has the peak A being at 672..........If anyone needs the 'proof', I have NASA charts...sorry, just didn't feel like uploading them...PM me if you are really interested in seeing them...

The above statement seems a little geared for sales rather than truth which is the case with so many claims these days on web sites.
The 670 chip is around 5-10X more to buy than the 660.

It's late and I'm rambling.....

Good Luck

RaNgEr RiCk

Yeah the Dstar is a light feeder man I have read and experienced now. She did get pretty chewed up it looks like. Just so you know they didn't come along with the cut bro, haven't seen a mite in a long while. Mites are bastards, consider yourself lucky to make it this far into your grows without seeing one. I think the mites came with the jamcian wahakin woheeken moteekin cut you had, a name like that it has to have an STD! Today was day 70 for me on dstar, she will be coming down at 77. I sampled some a few days ago and the stone is very nice. Sour Bubble under LED should be interesting man.

Definitely not the Jamaican, havn't had one of those in a while. They could have easily migrated on my clothes as well. Either way they are gone now.

Latest posts

Latest posts