What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

8000w sealed room. Design Q's

Fast_Pine

Hello yall..

Im planing and preparing for an 8kw grow..Need to get some advise.

Heres the plan,,

- COMPLETELY Sealed room.
-Soil less mix on slanted tables, with a Res and drip system..run to drain..
- Co2 enriched.monitored and controlled, at 1500.
-50 pint Dehumidifier
-Two large CAN-filters, can 150's.. The 12inchers.
My questions are..

Is my method considered true hydro?

Will the two carbon filters handle 90 stinky trainwreck clones in full flower?

Where do I get those sheets that cover my ceiling to block the heat signature from the helo's infrared?...Do I even need that stuff?...

What size AC do yall recommend? Dont know much about the AC thing,,can someone school me real quick?

Thanks yall!

Last edited:
Y

yamaha_1fan

Fast_Pine said:
Hello yall..

Im planing and preparing for an 8kw grow..Need to get yall's advise.

Heres the plan,,

- COMPLETELY Sealed room.
-Soil less mix on slanted tables, with a Res and drip system..run to drain..
- Co2 enriched.monitored and controlled, at 1500.
-50 pint Dehumidifier
-Two large CAN-filters, can 150's.. The 12inchers.
My questions are..

Is my method considered true hydro?

Will the two carbon filters handle 90 stinky trainwreck clones in full flower?

Where do I get those sheets that cover my ceiling to block the heat signature from the helo's infrared?...Do I even need that stuff?...

What size AC do yall recommend? Dont know much about the AC thing,,can someone school me real quick?

Thanks yall!

It might be hydro. But if it works for you, then it shouldnt matter

I dont think you need the insulation sheets

A/C What are you doing with the lights? Are they going to be air cooled? I have 9 1,000 air cooled hoods and in my testing, only 3 were air cooled, and I was able to keep the room at about 80. I also have a 24KBTU A/C. With CO2 you should be fine.

I think the filters depend on the size of the grow area

Seed Buyer

Are you planning on exhausting those Carbon filters or just letting them "Scrub" and recirculate in the room? If you are going to exhaust them, then I would say buy air cool hoods w/ 8" ports and cool those bad boys by pulling air from the cool winter winds that are coming then add an intake fan w pre filter or 16,000 BTU window unit for proper cooling. If you are going to run a true closed loop room w/ no exhaust (same way I run) then I would get a 4.0 ton AC unit. I have a 4.0 ton system from Excel Air and it kicks ass! But if you live in Cali I would say **** the $4000 ac system, air cool w/ proper intake fans or window unit and get to poppin that wreck!

J

Joe Budden

The stuff you are looking for is called anti-detection foil and you should be able to buy it at any hydro store online or offline, sounds like a great setup. But dont forget you still have to get rid of your heat, you best bet is to vent it through a chimley in my opinion. The police will always need a warrent to scan your house with thermal cameras, but you know the law have their 'ways' as long as you keep your lips tight and pay your electric bill you should be fine.

How much are you expacting to yield? Have you ever thought of growing just a few plants under your lights and grow em big? You should check out bonzo's thread, he is pulling 1-2 pounds per plant you really should check it out. And if your ever caught you will have less plants which is always good I think you'll agree. Bonzo was using a modification of the 'Krusty bucket' which needs alot of attention and care, the whole idea of the system is to provide the best growing conditions, and the most stress free envoronment for the plants. Just my 0.02 :D

Here is the link:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=12454

Good luck whatever you end up doing.

Joe

G

ya what was your yield? and did it all come from that one plant or did you have more? that thing is a ****in tree lol

seaweed

Basement Mix
2-5 gallon buckets
cutting edge
cal/mag
I have rocked a similar system in the past.
I think thoes 150's clean about 5 kilo's of weed. 2 should do almost 22 pounds..

W

WaT iT Do?

well..... i am runnin 2 filters right now for 96 plants and no smell leak at all. not sure on size but they come to right under my waistline standin up off the ground..... and i had some potent shit growin. and you can get polyshield at your local store most likely I bought a roll and used it all up... ran me 200 around here but I think imo that the feeling of security is worth it even if it is a false sense of security which i'm not sayin it is....... just saying it has put myself at ease. Research shown on the polyshield website show tests wit an IR gun pointed at a light protected and not protected by polyshield and you can't even see the light behind the polyshield. There's also something that I saw at my local hydro store (don't remember the name) but it looked like the one covering my door on my thread... its in my signature.......... I also found something very similar at lowes.... the hydro store claimed it was processed with more IR reflecting material then the one you find at lowes but who knows... they looked identical (like bubble wrap but instead of clear, it was like a polished metal). Hope I'm makin sense.... i just ripped a nice bowl. peas n pot

NPK

Hey Fast, I've also been looking for an AC--yamaha mentioned a powerful window unit he got at Home Depot for about $400, and if they still have 'em I'm going to grab one. You also mentioned a dehumidifier. It's my understanding that an AC also removes humidity from the room--so it actually performs two functions for the price (and electricity!!) of one. I'm hoping this is true because my dehumidifier, while crucial, also puts out a fair amount of heat and I'd love to remove the thing from my room.

Anyway, if you don't already have a dehumidifier, maybe you won't have to buy one.

G

Hey Fast.......Go big or go home huh dewd?........You`re my new hero.......Wish yas all the luck and great harvests.......hey NPK......I LOVE the Alfred E. Newman avatar.......too funny....Want me sum corn on the cob.....Anyways Fast.......A 50 pint dehumidifier will be workin a lot harder than bigger units for the wattage you`ll be using so plan on going larger and run the overflow tube back to your rez for R/O water top-offs free.....NPK......It`s true that A/C`s dehumidify but not to the extent you would need for that large a grow but sounds like a deal on that particular a/c unit.....can`t go wrong at that price.........I`m not sure if the IR shielding shit is any different from "reflectix"(the bubble-wrap shiny shit mentioned above) from Lowes or Home Depot but it`s the best shit since sliced bread for no hot spots and even dispersion as well as having r-value insulating properties......You can install your dehuey thru-the-wall and seal off around the opening to keep the heat generated from the unit outside the room just like mounting a window a/c unit.....simple.....Pico has posted in 1 of his threads bout a Santa Fe dehuey that costs out the ass but uses bunch less electricity and works well for bigger grows....I use amcor 65 pint units with great results from air-n-water.com..........Ya`ll take care......DHF.......... :joint:

Last edited:
D

DB2004

If you're in need of an 8 light timerboard with four 15A outlets, let me know. Easy to wire to a 60A double pole breaker in your main panel.

Best Regards

DB

NPK

hey NPK......I LOVE the Alfred E. Newman avatar.......too funny....Want me sum corn on the cob.....

Ha, thanks DHF! Hats off to you for even knowing who Alfred is. Not sure kids read Mad Magazine much these days, but when I was young I never missed an issue.

It`s true that A/C`s dehumidify but not to the extent you would need for that large a grow but sounds like a deal on that particular a/c unit.....can`t go wrong at that price........

Good to know, thanks for the info. I was hoping I'd be able to take my dehuey out of the room when I got an AC, but maybe I won't get so lucky. Guess I'll have to wait and see when I get the equipment.

Fast_Pine

yamaha_1fan said:
A/C What are you doing with the lights? Are they going to be air cooled? I have 9 1,000 air cooled hoods and in my testing, only 3 were air cooled, and I was able to keep the room at about 80. I also have a 24KBTU A/C. With CO2 you should be fine.

I think the filters depend on the size of the grow area
Grow area is roughly 20'x15'x10'...

Hadn't planed on venting the hoods,,nowhere to vent to really..Hoping to combat any and all heat issues with a strong air conditioner, ya know?..I have waaay more power avalable to me, than safe places to vent..

Say, how much did your cooler set your wallet back? Think that size should be ok for my opp?

Fast_Pine

Seed Buyer said:
Are you planning on exhausting those Carbon filters or just letting them "Scrub" and recirculate in the room? ............................................................................................................... But if you live in Cali I would say **** the $4000 ac system, air cool w/ proper intake fans or window unit and get to poppin that wreck!
No exaust what so ever...Compleeeeeeeeetly sealed,,I mean watertight. Carbon filters will be scrubbing and recurculating...

Latest posts

Latest posts