What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Designing 10kw grow, help needed, map included :)

Hello Icmag!

I turn to you with my handfull of problems, because I know you are the best :) Let's get straight to the matter...

This are the space characteristics that is avalible.

The measurments are on the pictures in meters and feet.

For better represetation, some 3d shots, accualy, the place is a basement, half in the ground.

The current setup is 18 biobuckets, like that;

BB reservoir is accualy half the size...(the thing on the picture is accualy a jacuzzi :)) The red dot is a chemney, used to vent out.... like this;

The black thing is a box behind the open window keeping the sounds inside and letting the air in. Air cools in the hallway, because we are half in the ground, remember? Green things are fans, from 600m^3/h to 1200m^3/h. And 3x 600watters with cooltubes.C.S. is carbon scrubber.

This whole room, as you can see is vented (some other pics in the gallery), but for the second one I am planing CO2.

Same color scheme as before. 9x600watts, 1 big fan and 3 smaller, one for every 3 cooltubes, active intake from the window (yep, can mask if from outside) for cooltubes and venting out the chemney. I have a 18K btu AC unit to handle the heat (keeping the temp at 27°C / 80F). I have read that 3kbtu per 1 hps kw, so that fits.

Now the real problems show up :)

- BioBucket Option;

At the moment I am runing 18 biobuckets inside. I have calculated I could fit 3 systems like that in the empty room. (54bb total in one room) The first problem is keeping the water at 20°C/68F with air temperature 27°C / 80F, that is optimal when runing co2. One chiller won't do it. Three is the magic number and that is quite exprencive. Having 3 reservoirs is a pain in the ass as well with BB system in this tight place, they would have to be outside the growroom and watter needs to fall for certian amout each meter it travels + on the end - waterfall effect. That could be solved with one huge res and that has its cons as well. Plus the huge amount of trimming at once each ~(3+8)weeks.

- Ebb&Flow Option;

The second idea, that hasnt manifested yet is Ebb&flow sog tables. (Something like pico is doing here; 2400w hydroton ebb flow; http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=54802) Keeping the room at 12/12 all the time, vegging moms and clones in the small empty room no3, using 3-6 reservoirs under the tables and keeping it perpetual. What is the amount of clones I need to fill up this room with ebb&flow ready to flower ? I dont know if its possible to produce souch a big stock of clones in a small veg room like we have here. On the other hand, I could find some fine phenos faster with larger amount of plants.... And ofcourse, do I have a problem with water temperature with ebb&flow system, since roots are not in the water all the time? I cant find the answer anywhere... :|

Once I find the perfect solution for this yet empty space,

I plan to copy it over the existing solution in the first room.

I would love to hear your comments on my story :smoke:

Ray

--
Oh, and an empy one, just for you, to play around in MSpaint :smoke:

Last edited:

fuzygrowth

hey bro, awesome space you got there. you should look into "ebb and grow" or multi-flow buckets. using 1 55 gallon rez you can have up to 48 buckets, 48 buckets should fill your room nicely. they are 2 gallon buckets, lots of people think that's small but right now i have 7 foot flowering plants in um, so 2 gallons is NOT small, i've seen huge plants in 5.5 inch pots in ebb and flow tables. so yea, look into either building yourself the system or buying it outright, you can find it online for around 900 bucks or so. g'luck

New Holland

Holy FUCK!, you don't need help!!!!. You look like you know what your doing. I'm planning a similar grow, so I'll be watching!. I think the 2 smaller rooms should be a mother and clone room. The 2 larger rooms should be a veg room and a flower room.

I wouldn't use the entry area. I'd leave that area empty. That way you can enter the building and close the door behing you, before you open the doors to any of the grow rooms. That was you don't have any light leakage.

What are you doing about power?. Do you have 110v or 240?. I have 240 @ 100amps. But I can only use about 50 amps for the grow room. I need the other 50amps for my living area. My hot water uses 20amps the I need to allow for my A/C etc etc etc.

I was going to use 12 600's. But put 2 in one large hood. So that's 6 1200watt hoods. So the maths would be 12x3amps=36amps of lighting. That only leaves 14 amps to run an A/C in the grow room along with Ventilation and clone lighting etc.

I heard that to be safe you need 4500btu's of cooling. So in a 10kw grow that'd be 45000btu's :lurk:

Last edited:
fuzygrowth: Thank you for your imput. I will do some calculations about that. What the veg time on the plants in those 2 gallon multi-flow buckets?

New Holland: Alright!! So you think I need two rooms for the veggetation and cloning?
Accualy that entery area is inner entery for the basement, it's not outside. Power is 240v and it's ready to pull 15kw+. The grow and living area are electricly seperated. And for the cooling.... well we will wait and see. One huge 18k btu ac for 1 room, 9x600w.

Ray

Last edited:
G

Is that legal lol?Man could I do up a space like that..You only need one section for moms and clones bro,no need to waste space.Personally I'd perpetually clone,have one area for vegging and cuts,no moms,and the rest would be the bank lol(Flowering area)

icdog said:
Hows your yield with the bio buckets? Veg time and strain?

Dont know, first run now.

Ok I have made some calculations.

This was quickly made in paint (The square tables are not in the right propotions on the pic).2x600w for the big ones and 1x600 for small ones.

The accual measurments would be 90cm x 100cm for the small one (35inchx40inch) and the big one 180 cm x 100cm (70inchx40inch). And 30 cm (12inch) between for acces. If using 13cm ( 5.14inch) netpots, i would fit 6x7=42, clones in the small ones and 13x7=91. That is in total 399 clones. Split that in 4 (perpetual), is 100 clones every 14 days for one room. That I think is nearly impossible in the space no3. Keeping moms and clones there..... what do you think?

Ray

God damn.... I have just went trough the SoQuicks big thread named "IC is boring as shit!!" > http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=7366

I just cant put my eyes to sleep after seeing that. And after studying it carefuly I have noticed that its not just the system on its own. The dro must be in compassion with the genetics. I mean... I can imagine what would grow out of a chronic if put straigt to flower when rooted. It wouldnt be anything like that. He found a pefrect solution -AK99, his own breed, that he keept for years.... he mentioned himself, big strech is the key in system like his, runing 12/12 all the time ......

This makes the clone number milder, easier to handle. I wonder how AK99 would perform in EBB&FLOW table. :smoke:

Last edited:

New Holland

I plan on having a Sog of 160 plants. With only 2 weeks of veg time the clones are ready before the first lot have finished flowering. That's why I keep mothers. Plus if anything drastic happens and my crop is wiped out, I can just take clones from the mother and not worry about starting from seed.

samba

My 2 cents...
Have the 2 big rooms (3*4,2) as flower room, on a flip flop, this way you could use more lights with out maxing you amp's. And go with multi-flow buckets. Have the 2,7*2,7 room as mother/clone/veg room ( and remember,you can have them vegging on shelfs to max the place) and If you like you could have the smallest room (2*2,7) as storage and have you rez in there to keep it nice and cool,just run tubing to your veg rooms. Oh, and If you want to AC the shit,you could flip flop that to :) You would need 2 AC units...

Last edited:

samba

Sorry,I meant have the tubing run to your flowering rooms, It wont let me edit the message ...

Heya sabma! Can you tell me a few details about your system. How big are the pots and howmany of them are you using, what's the veg time...stuff like that. :))

Thank you!

Tabels are out of the question. If I did 2 gallon ebb&flow multiflow buckets... I could fit just under 250 of them in one room. But that means I need at least 500gallon reservoir and that could be a problem... and a VITAL QUESTION, if someone could answer... how often do I have to exchange the nute solution in EnF system???

Thanks
ray

G

Hey Ray....

Think about it... all these solutions have drawback... you end up with a TON of material to reuse or buy(-ing that quantities every few months could also be suspicious and runing a big OP you really dont want that, do you?) And reusing all that lavarocks..... pain in the ass :chin:

If I were you (oh and I wish I would be:) ) I would go something that requiers no or very little medium. Like DWC, but you have to worry about temps of the water. Root rot and stuff. Are you unsatisified by those biobuckets? It seems like a reasonable thing to build in your case....

Take care!

fuzygrowth

the multi-flow and "ebb and grow" systems are nearly identical, just made by different manufactures. The buckets in both systems are 2 gallons, according to the directions of the manufacturer, you can use up to 48 buckets, i say you can easily go up to 60 buckets or even a bit more if you keep your rez topped off. you have to realize you don't need 2x amount of water as buckets, the buckets are nearly full with hydroton, displacing all that water, so it doesn't take 2 gallons to fill a 2 gallon bucket, more like 1/2 gallon or so. also keep in mind you are not going to fill your rooms wall to wall with buckets, you need to make room for you to be able to tend to each plant or bucket if needed. i'm not a salesman for these systems, lol.. i just know they are great and very flexible. I think you will also realize that you will be able to fill those rooms just fine with out the numbers you are expecting to use. g'luck