What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

8000w sealed room. Design Q's

Fast_Pine

the_lonely_one said:
I agree infrared shielding should be on the bottom of the security list. Can't wait to see this in action. :headbange
Thanks for your response lonely one...This is gonna be an inner city grow,,gettoh bird flying over all damn night, ya know?...Can any of yall give me any more info on why I shouldnt be worried about them tripping out on my glowing room at 3:00 in the morning?..

Fast_Pine

WaT iT Do? said:
well..... i am runnin 2 filters right now for 96 plants and no smell leak at all. not sure on size but they come to right under my waistline standin up off the ground..... and i had some potent shit growin. and you can get polyshield at your local store most likely I bought a roll and used it all up... ran me 200 around here but I think imo that the feeling of security is worth it even if it is a false sense of security which i'm not sayin it is....... just saying it has put myself at ease. Research shown on the polyshield website show tests wit an IR gun pointed at a light protected and not protected by polyshield and you can't even see the light behind the polyshield. There's also something that I saw at my local hydro store (don't remember the name) but it looked like the one covering my door on my thread... its in my signature.......... I also found something very similar at lowes.... the hydro store claimed it was processed with more IR reflecting material then the one you find at lowes but who knows... they looked identical (like bubble wrap but instead of clear, it was like a polished metal). Hope I'm makin sense.... i just ripped a nice bowl. peas n pot
Jeeeeeeeeeeezzzzuus! 96 plants that size must take up a f-uckin warehouse!!!..What size and brand are your filters...Mine are the largest model that can-filter makes...

Shit man, My opp will have 90+plants, but they will be quite a bit smaller..Sounds like my two cans wil be over kill......eeeeexccccelllennt

Yeah, Ive heard of that stuff..didnt know it was used for indoor growing though:confused:

Fast_Pine

NPK said:
Hey Fast, I've also been looking for an AC--yamaha mentioned a powerful window unit he got at Home Depot for about $400, and if they still have 'em I'm going to grab one. You also mentioned a dehumidifier. It's my understanding that an AC also removes humidity from the room--so it actually performs two functions for the price (and electricity!!) of one. I'm hoping this is true because my dehumidifier, while crucial, also puts out a fair amount of heat and I'd love to remove the thing from my room.

Anyway, if you don't already have a dehumidifier, maybe you won't have to buy one.
Good one NPK....Say, I was planning on using the dehumidi because of all the condensation I get from running Co2:confused:...seems that when ever I run co2, the humidity SKYROCKETS!....

Hmmmmm, anyone know if a stand alone AC unit will f-uck with my Co2 enrichment in any way?

Last edited:

Fast_Pine

DEDHEDFRED said:
Hey Fast.......Go big or go home huh dewd?........You`re my new hero.......Wish yas all the luck and great harvests.......hey NPK......I LOVE the Alfred E. Newman avatar.......too funny....Want me sum corn on the cob.....Anyways Fast.......A 50 pint dehumidifier will be workin a lot harder than bigger units for the wattage you`ll be using so plan on going larger and run the overflow tube back to your rez for R/O water top-offs free.....NPK......It`s true that A/C`s dehumidify but not to the extent you would need for that large a grow but sounds like a deal on that particular a/c unit.....can`t go wrong at that price.........I`m not sure if the IR shielding shit is any different from "reflectix"(the bubble-wrap shiny shit mentioned above) from Lowes or Home Depot but it`s the best shit since sliced bread for no hot spots and even dispersion as well as having r-value insulating properties......You can install your dehuey thru-the-wall and seal off around the opening to keep the heat generated from the unit outside the room just like mounting a window a/c unit.....simple.....Pico has posted in 1 of his threads bout a Santa Fe dehuey that costs out the ass but uses bunch less electricity and works well for bigger grows....I use amcor 65 pint units with great results from air-n-water.com..........Ya`ll take care......DHF.......... :joint:
Thats a great idea, about running the dehumidi drain to the main reservoir for the whole garden..Thanks!

So you recommend buying some rolls of refletix and slapping em up:confused:...Should I do the walls too?..Whats R-value insulation properties?..

Asfar as mounting the dehumidi half in half out,,,well, everything must stay in the sealed area,,was hoping to get an AC that was strong enough to handle the heat, ya know?...

so that leads me to the big question...

What size AC should do the job?..any details would be great.. :headbange

G

Hey FP........R-value insulating properties is just insulation from outside or inside the room which is a good thing.....It absorbs and dissipates heat with it`s bubblewrap makeup...Not sure about it`s helicopter IR "LEO" reflectiveness for glow reduction....."Reflectix" is on all my walls and ceilings for the most possible even light dispersion without hotspots or shadows all around the grow area that swallow light and keep it from the plant`s photosynthesis and useage.......So many people never realize how much light is lost if there`s more sq.ftg. than the light can concentrate on plantwise......I use smaller grow spaces now but higher wattage per area for concentration not dissipation.......You`re trying to utilize 3000 cu. ft. with 8000 watts and it`s not very cost or grow efficient....... 15'x20'x10' tall...That`s a whole lotta area that light`ll be dancin around not doin DICK for the plants while you`re payin out the ass for the electricity to run said lights without any of the benefits.........And yes it`s very possible to seal the dehuey in the wall just like a window unit a/c....Go look at Blaze`s hidden room setup...If you`re thinking of a portable A/C and dehuey inside the room then forget it.....There is no unit that`ll control heat and relative humidity inside the grow area with that much sq.ftg. without the proper exhaust of heat ........The first sealed room on the internet was created by krusty the pissed off clown and people fail to realize that even his sealed room had exhaust for heat and smell.........He had controllers for CO2 tanks and thermostatically controlled heat exhausts thru huge scrubbers and exhaust fans that opened up,sucked out all the heat and smell ,closed back up after thermostat kicked off and then the room was once again sealed and CO2 solenoids kicked back on.......Plants take in CO2 and emit OXYGEN .......thus no need for recirculation or air exchange ...BUT......something must ALWAYS be done with the heat AND smell....Smell can be absorbed thru a scrubber inside the room recirculating stinky air and cleaning it.....Heat cannot be recirculated...Nuff BS from me ..... I wish you luck and great harvests........Peace....DHF......... :joint:

Fast_Pine

See, I would be OK with exausting the air that has already ran through the scrubbers, its just that my spot only has one 8inch vent in the celing...There is no way I can put any more holes in the walls or celing...There will be no way to vent, seeing as I only have one hole avalable to push and pull air through, ya know...

So youre saying that it isnt thesable to run complleetly sealed, with a large A/C?

I figure the two huge scrubbers circulating the air should keep me cool, as far as smell is concerned...Abd as long as I have a strong enough cooler, I should be able to keep the high temps down...Maby I could find some way to vent the lights, by hooking the ducting to the AC, and running it in a loop, keeping the room sealed still?

Last edited:

Fast_Pine

Great info Carhart kid...say, I cant have on outdoor condenser though:confused:..that would be an imposibility...EVERYTHING growrelated must remain inside this room....

G

CK is dead on with the size needed for the area you have...$5000 with ductwork .....Other than that.....Divide it up.....partition it off......grow smaller rooms with less heat , smell, and exhaust........Everything must be contained inside the room according to you but you don`t understand that it CAN`T be....A/C AND dehumidification to cool and suck moisture from that size room HAS to be exhausted OUTSIDE the area and can be if the units are mounted "thru-the-walls" unless you have concrete walls and even then you`d still haveta exhaust somehow........DHF....... :joint:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts