What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

'77 Maui F6

B

beakermuppet

Amazing pics man, always a treat checking out your threads.

That girlz a f'n beaut, put her on the corner and let her work haha!!

B

MiMedGuy

Veteran
I can't get enough of this plant. She is so photogenic...which usually translates into killer smoke! Congrats on your find.

B

beakermuppet

Looking forward to a little FLG and Stank Bro's collaboration..........Possibly?

Hopefully something gets done with that dacap as well, that shit looks killer!

Keep up the good work guys, Im sure I speak for most peeps when I say.....I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with!!

B

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Amazing, old school genetics as I remember with a lot of resin production. Finding it harder these days to find genetics as good as that. Cheers for sharing. Are you gonna make some seeds, could be a very interesting project!

Heusinomics

Fantastic growing Goat!

That's a hell of a gift! I hope you can dig up the info on that strain, so you can pass on a little of that positive karma. No doubt someone put there love and dedication into those special beans ( 37ys.. & 6 gen's). And it appears you hav loved them well too.
Keep the old strains alive and spread them far and wide.

Plus a lil Bump for all the old OverGrowers out there! ;D

oldhaole

Veteran
First off this post will probably get me flamed...so I will try to be gentle.

As someone who lives on Maui and has been growing and selling here since 1970, I doubt those beautiful plants originated here at that particular time frame. Just doing simple math if those seeds are truly f6's, using two generations a year as a baseline that means those seeds were started in 1974.

Back in '70's we simply didn't have plants that look like that here. Tongue in cheek, that shit hadn't even been invented yet. Back then weed was 100 an oz and big heavy Sativa trees were what we grew. That's all we had. The first truly decent Sativa strain that came around was Mango and your 1977 timeline fits. But what you show is not Mango. The first Indica strain that showed up here didn't pop up until the early '80's. Called the Dog it sure made a splash. And please believe me. If what you show was here in the '70' it would have made a tsumani.

Weed simply wasn't that good back then. Even here on Maui.

This takes nothing away from your beautiful plant. I just don't see it coming from here in that timeframe.

And when it comes right down to it Maui is a place....nothing more. It's not a single strain, but a thousand variations of a single strain. It's also a big hot pile of steaming hype. Breeders have been taking random genetics from here and calling it Maui this or Maui that, forever....just to sell product.

Though I am of the opinion it is not what is advertised, I wouldn't be upset at all to be wrong.

FiveLeggedGoat

I'm not a real goat.™
Veteran
Thanks everyone!

@oldhaole - Thanks for the info. I can't attest to whether or not it's a genuine '77 Maui f6 or not, I just know that's how the seeds were labeled. For what it's worth, her 3 sisters look a lot more like you would think a old school Hawaiian sativa should look...tall sativas that have big hairy 'pom-pom' type buds with considerably less frost than the one I've been posting up. The one I've been posting is a freak compared to her sisters in all honesty. I also have some Cherrybomb from Mr. Greengenes in flower and they look almost identical to the other 3 '77 Maui phenos I have...same smell and structure. Isn't Mr. Greengene's Cherrybomb supposedly an old Maui Waui line from the 70's?

'77 Maui or not, she's an outstanding plant...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

FiveLeggedGoat

I'm not a real goat.™
Veteran
Anyone know anything about "Kona Cherry"???

I've got a pack of these from the same person that sent the '77 Maui seeds. Curious if it's sativa or indica?