What's new

7 day old seedlings, do they look ok for this stage?

farmdalefurr

I feel nothing and it feels great
Veteran
I 2nd papaduc

those shouldn't need watered for a good 3 days at least

also, wet/dry cycle is crucial right now to get those roots to stretch out and fill those containers

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seedlings need to eat alot sooner then some would think, I found that out using worn out recycled soil on some sprouts.

Deffo let em breathe a few days, soggy soil is a good way to stunt a seedling.

papaduc

Veteran
Back to 24hr from what? 12/12?

If you mean from 18/6 or some other veg cycle, the plant won't even notice it.

papaduc

Veteran
Your questions:

1. Now
2. Now

With regards to feeding, don't feed them every day til run off. Treat it like soil and allow a wet dry cycle. At that size in pots that big one saturated pot will keep them going for 4-5 days. The only thing that will dry them out is the light.

Get them topped now and let them focus on good strong branching, like I showed you in my pictures, and switch the light to 400 if that's it's ma setting. If it's 600 they're ready for that too.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Top em and root the tops as clones. :tiphat:

They will have roots by and a lil veg time by the time yer ready to bloom. :dance013:

Id top once now let it grow two heads and two nodes then top again, you'll have 4 heads plus 4 at the inter branch you let grow out, thats 8 heads per plant with just 3 tops and then with a lil lst work... Lookin nice.

Are those fem seeds btw? heh.

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
it will take a few days to show but it looks close enough. It is a good way to increase growth rates I've found my plants usually take off after being topped/FIMed.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
if you didnt get enough you will just have half cut fan leaves and still one tip, if so just top it.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You missed on that fim cut, most people will its hard to hit perfect thats why I just top. I'd top her now.

Your plants responded well to the topping and show indica genotypical response, the branching and short internode space are a nice plus for you.

Just sit back and let em run now.