What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

60 DE Nanolux 600 Coco DTW setup/grow

eric2028

Veteran
How will you do maintenance on the upper tiers of those pipp racks eric?
Yeah so we’re gonna use rolling stairs similar to what you’d see at say homedepot. We will also have a scissor lift for the upper tiers especially in veg (4 tier). I’m curious myself to see how workflow might be alittle different then traditional grows. I ll of course update here.

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
As if I needed another reason to love this thread. Keep rockin, my man!

aod

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Crushing it. Day 30. Still not bothering to cool res's at all. I really hope I don't pay for that, but damn everything is so perfect. Going to bump up to 2 gallon containers I think for next run. 1 Gallons are pretty nice like a 3 gallon organic and half seem like a good one for doing large numbers for pheno hunt.

eric2028

Veteran
What’s up guys? I’ve had a busy week at work. Got stuck trimming.
So there’s lots of growers worried about product failing state required testing. Heavy metals have been the topic of discussion among my homies. It’s been said that coco coir contains levels of cadmium due to being processed with sea water. Also I’m sure some nutes may contain a bit too, honestly I don’t know. Recently I spoke with a grower that uses canna coco and failed due to cadmium. He didn’t say what nutes and there maybe more to the story. But that’s pretty troubling either way. Have you guys heard about? Please share your thoughts. So I decided Afew weeks ago to see how jacks and Mother Earth pure coco tests.
picture.php

Dr.NO

Wow that worries me as a coco grower. Then again these days it seems like nothing is safe; food, air, water, etc.

I'll have to look into jacks and mother earth coco!

Aspenou812

Veteran
Wow that worries me as a coco grower. Then again these days it seems like nothing is safe; food, air, water, etc.

I'll have to look into jacks and mother earth coco!

I'm not sure there is a lot of difference in the way coco is processed but that makes premium coco in the bag look way way better to me....

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
I haven’t had a failing test for heavy metals and I’ve used Canna Coco, Char Coir, and B’Cuzz coco.
Have used Canna nutes and Jacks with different additives.
I am a very light feeder and wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Aspenou812

Veteran
I haven’t had a failing test for heavy metals and I’ve used Canna Coco, Char Coir, and B’Cuzz coco.
Have used Canna nutes and Jacks with different additives.
I am a very light feeder and wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Tree.... OMG your killing it in those buckets... Love your IG keep it frosty

eric2028

Veteran
What’s up. Figured I’d post an update. First one is sundae driver about 2 weeks in. Got them stretched out real nice this run. Next one is just after day 42 defoliation. We stripped them pretty good this time. I left more lower growth this time, which looks good no larf. Clones also rocking out!!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

S1N1STER

God I love this thread and I cannot say thank you enough for the people that shared the cloning formula and I just started using the jacks a and b. My ph comes out at 6.0, my rez is so clean, and my plants look amazing!!!! Oh yea and its so fucking cheap!!!

Dr.NO

Veg Stretch and Flower (per gallon)
3g NPK -- 2.5g Calnit -- .5 MKP (.25 for veg)
387.9434ppm total needed per gallon from jacks 5-12-26
225ppm total needed per gallon from Calnit
Total ppm no MKP: 612.9434ppm
Total ppm with MKP: 680~ will be less if veg formula with less mkp

Great info, thanks!

Could someone specify which products these are please. I gather the NPK refers to Jack's 5-12-26 aka Part A, and the Calnit/Caltrate refers to Jack's 15-0-0 aka Part B aka calcium nitrate. But what is the MKP? Is it another Jack's product, from another company or do many companies make such a product?

Thanks!

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
https://www.amazon.com/Monopotassiu...ref=sr_1_1?keywords=mkp&qid=1570987869&sr=8-1

I am going to do some things different next run. Going to give one row .25 whole way through. Going to do another row .5 starting week 3.

I gave .5 whole time this go around and got a very very slight tip burn going into day 30's on some. I may have messed up a mix accidentally and not realized it as well tho but I am running multiple res's and all rows got the same thing so that seems extremely unlikely.

eric2028

Veteran
https://www.amazon.com/Monopotassiu...ref=sr_1_1?keywords=mkp&qid=1570987869&sr=8-1

I am going to do some things different next run. Going to give one row .25 whole way through. Going to do another row .5 starting week 3.

I gave .5 whole time this go around and got a very very slight tip burn going into day 30's on some. I may have messed up a mix accidentally and not realized it as well tho but I am running multiple res's and all rows got the same thing so that seems extremely unlikely.
What up 40? Yeah I’ve also had some tip burn going on. Mine has started after week 4. My runoff was testing high. When my Rez is running low I’ve been adding some ro water to dilute down to 50% strength or so. I’m then doing a pretty good flush and also flushing my irrigation lines out too. I ll even throw in some brix and bti about weekly too.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Okay I have pretty good circulation in my res's but I will let them get bit low and check ec.

By the way what are you using for checking EC and PH? I have been looking at Apera's meters. I am tired of bluelabs shitty design over the years. It has been years and they have done nothing to improve it. I have broke my last one. They are like the apple of fuckin ph meters. Built to break, but really good lol ;\ I really want to switch. The fact it is 300 bucks and still not water proof blows my mind. 0 innovation over there at that company.

eric2028

Veteran
Okay I have pretty good circulation in my res's but I will let them get bit low and check ec.

By the way what are you using for checking EC and PH? I have been looking at Apera's meters. I am tired of bluelabs shitty design over the years. It has been years and they have done nothing to improve it. I have broke my last one. They are like the apple of fuckin ph meters. Built to break, but really good lol ;\ I really want to switch. The fact it is 300 bucks and still not water proof blows my mind. 0 innovation over there at that company.
I’ve tried bluelab and wasn’t a fan. The last 10 years ive used Milwaukee mw802. It’s a portable 3 in 1 meter. I’ve owned 2 or 3 over the years. Their fairly inexpensive and the customer service is great. The homies tease me cause I won’t use bluelab or Hanna lol.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
The apera ph60 has been good to me, I like the extra decimal place and it lights up so you can see it in a dark tank. I will try the Milwaukee.

Latest posts

Latest posts