What's new

6 KW OG Grow!!!!

I'm running a very similar set up as you and i have small pieces of 1x 2 strips of wood under the pots to keep them off the cement. it seems to work, it at least gives me a little piece of mind that the roots aren't too cold.
I like this idea. Dont think I can do that this time a little late with the nets and all. LOL

Mr Eckted

Humboldt:
I am putting together a mini reference guide (for myself, although I'll make it available if anyone is interested), and your photos from this thread would be perfect to show proper defoliation technique. The timestamps are also a huge bonus.

May I use them? I'll of course give you credit if you'd like.

Humboldt:
I am putting together a mini reference guide (for myself, although I'll make it available if anyone is interested), and your photos from this thread would be perfect to show proper defoliation technique. The timestamps are also a huge bonus.

May I use them? I'll of course give you credit if you'd like.
I do not mind as long as it is not for a publication or anything like u said.

Mr Eckted

No, it's a quick reference guide for myself. I'm going to put it on my smartphone. I'll put it up for free on Icmag when I'm finished if anyone wants it.

Thanks

The verdict is still out for me on whether or not to remove almost all foliage (like humboldt) or just a bit of the lower and/or dying stuff.

big twinn

Veteran
Im right there with you dj greenthumb. I tried it in the past and it only seemed to harm/stress my plant. last grow i left everything on and the plants looked much healthier. But thats just my experience...the longer i stay in the garden, the more i tend to tinker with the plants, often OCDingly pulling off any leaves i don't deam "worthy".

Yea. I think your strains have a lot to do with the decision of pullin leaf or defoliating or whatever u wanna call it. LOL. We have done it on many different strains and sometimes it fucks them up and sometimes they love it. The humics help a lot cuz they just keep pumping big leaf. I gotta take leaves off this strain all the time through flower also to make sure everything that was left on gets light. So definately a strain thing. This one happpens to love getting raped. She likes it rough what can I say

My Romulan likes mild-defoliation, a sativa hybrid. They seem to naturally de-leaf themselves over the course of the flowering period anyways. No light gets thru at all, and the leaves naturally fall. You might as well do it yourself to gain light-access thru the thick canopy. It helps to ensure that most of the plant matures at the same rate. It sucks when you need to drag the flowering cycle on another week just to let the lower buds mature.

Anyways... it depends on the variety... I'm not sure what romulan's genetics are; however these ladies need constant manicuring and plucking. they grow back in a matter of 1-2 weeks. very fast, Its horrible. lol.

Update!!!!! Wheew. Got my woman a new camera. LOL. Day 42 of flower. Just started to swell good. OH YEA!!!!!!!

Attachments

• DSCN0099.jpg
    DSCN0099.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCN0100.jpg
    DSCN0100.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCN0102.jpg
    DSCN0102.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCN0106.jpg
    DSCN0106.jpg