What's new

5000 plant grow

RevolutionX

pothead6 said:
ok this year i am planing a 5000 plant grow.........

o and pass my kittie around >^_^<

Im sure bubba will pass your "kitty" around...lol...after he is done plugging it wit his mexican burrito..j/k ;)

G

You and one person will do all this?? Wake up....smell the coffee!

danktown

haha even with ordering 6000 fem seeds theres a pretty good chance a few will be males and imagine those boys ****ing up your whole harvest...another fellow grower friend of mine did a smaller scale grow and ordered like 200 supposedly fem'd seed of northern lights 5...all it took was a couple of males to herm a whole bunch of the ladies

idk who u are but if your serious good luck haha

G

whew.....i don't have the time to even read the rest of the post....i got about 1 1/2 pages in and had to stop...................here's the thing................there is a reason we have such things as "nurseries" (or whatever term your area uses) where flowers, veggies, herbs.......are massed produced..................most don't even come close to that number of plants and still need a team of MANY too keep them alive and prosperous...............if ya had a team of ninjas..........this would be sweet..............but it just sounds to me like a GREAT dream ...... now get to growing yourself some pot :rasta:

Bf

Mr. Smoke

It can be done. but I think you need more people. I mean over hear the cops found 2000 plants in a corn field 6-8 footers too lol.

Reibsi

I think your aiming way to HIGH..........Do you know how much it`s going to cost for 5-6000 fem seeds?..........or how long it will take to dig that many holes....I`d say this is a pipe dream at best.
My cloning room holds up to 800 afis in 6 inch square pots and let me tell you that it takes a lot of work to keep them all in check.....feeding them and god help me if a spider mite infestation takes hold...........I`d say you better re-think your BIG idea...........because around here if Leo finds a site that big he tends to stick around and see who the owner is.............2 or 3 well placed game cameras can ruin your day.

heres a pic of just 60 Auto-Afghanis..........now can you imagine 5000....!

Last edited:

clowntown

Veteran
I think you guys are assuming too much ...

I mean, you do control a plot of land in Afghanistan, right pothead6?

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
haha yeah i didnt take that into account, he could own a small country!

If he owned that much land in Afghanistan, he's probably already rich with all the poppy trade goin on over there!

ArcticBlast

G

wallyduck said:
u know how long its gonna take to water 5000 plants , let alone how much room your gonna need to dry it ,,, i d say start smaller ,, im sure u will need to revise some of your ,if not most of your plans ...
u dont become a commercial farmer over night with a few plans ,, it takes practise ,, study and a heap of dedication ....
i notice u dont even mention testing any strains at the site to see what grows well there ...
how much fertalizer can u carry?? by gum 5000 ladies are gonna need a bunch ..
how will u move your few thousand lbs of herb from your grow space to the house u mention ... ??
man i think u really should revise and begin with max of 100 plants and go from there...

Hey wally!

Do you know if this story is true? or anything about it?

This story another guy here mentioned. If you Google this title you'll get a link to Cannabis Culture Mag. The story is 2 parts.

Australian Bush Paradise

It's a good story and if true, it's a HELL of a story....and this guy REALLY needs to read it no matter what.

PS

I grew up in Central Florida. I used to catch snakes and gators, but HOLY SHEEEIT. Australia is NOT a place I want to be mucking about in the bush in a MJ patch. Way, WAY too many really BAD critters in Oz for me.
:sasmokin:

MT

PS edit add:

Here's a couple paragraphs from his summary of "Pests and Problems" I loved this section.

PESTS & PROBLEMS

When growing pot there are literally one thousand and one things that will go wrong in the season. Nasty little critters are a big proportion of that. This is a list of the more common pests and problems that I have encountered in the bush.

Kangaroos

The worst offender would have to be kangaroos. They eat the baby leaves, which stops the plants from growing. Last season the kangaroos and wallabies cost me about $50,000 in losses. There is only one way to deal with these bastards: leave some dead meat throughout the patch. Roos are herbivores, so the rotting meat keeps them away; blood and bone sometimes works, but every time it rains you have to put it out again. Usually what you have to do is shoot a roo and stake it to the ground in the patch. The problem then is that it attracts the goannas, six foot long lizards that are fierce meat-eaters, and dangerous. Goannas fight over the carcass, and flatten the pot plants, so it is a bit of a catch-22 situation. I've got a scar from a vicious bite from a goanna; bled for hours! I ended up just leaving an 'offering patch' for the kangaroos, isolating them in one area. Hurts a bit to do so; but alas, they were there first.

Parrots

Parrots are an unlikely pest, but they are terrible. They will not bother you if you have managed to keep the crop sensimilla, but if there is just one plant with just one seed in it, they will find it and strip that plant back to the stalk looking for more seeds, and once that's finished they will systematically move through the plantation looking for more. It makes you cry to get into the patch and watch 40-50 birds alight from the crop, and see colas and buds scattered all over the ground.

Last edited:
J

Joe Budden

The only thing I can think up is, FORGET about female seeds!! Grow all the plants keeping the males and make some top quality hash!! This is what the Morracans do!

How high are you above sea level?

IBsmokin

UHm Pothead, I can already see this thread getting worst bro, there are alot of people who will continue to put you down the more you reply, I think you shoudl just step back and just go ahead and stick with your plans, get ready, get you sites ready etc. and just do it, dont post again till you get at least half your plants in the ground.
You are obviously in the southern hemisphere and your growing season si comin upon us.

so never mind posting no more until you get half into the ground, then post an update with some pics, and this at least will keep the negativity from getting to carried away.

I know of guys who have did this and succeeded. but it was a group of men, not just two.

Myself I tried to go big out doors on many occasions in my 38 years but had many difficulties.

personally I think you should do 500 plants and just put more effort into the 500 plants and go for the 1 lb per plant, if 500 lbs dont buy you a house then there is definately a problem.

its all about baby stepping, you got to crawl before you walk.

well if you are set on 5000 then just take care and be careful and work hard and just do it never mind sitting on ICmag defending your plans.

I would love to see pics of your progress when you reached halfway point.

2500 plants would be something to see.

R

Reinhold

Yah im pretty sure IBsmokin has given the best advice, pretty much everyone gonna tell you dude your crazy, but have they done it? thats what i thought. Julian said it best "so many people think they are more than they are...convey what they are not aware of...perceived and perceive incorrect etc"

he needs to stop in here.

Last edited:

RevolutionX

pothead6 said:
dude thats something i was thinking off doing as well do a small pc grow and get some fem seeds but can anyone hint me as of how many seeds i may be able to get off of 4 females turned hermi to make fem seeds if there about o idk 10"tall and a massive bush ?

if you had a just cause like trying to help a shitload of med patients than i can see your venture being just. we need to grow the plant to help others more than ourselves sometimes. just sumthin to remember :joint:

G

guest123

MTweedman said:
Hey wally!

Do you know if this story is true? or anything about it?

This story another guy here mentioned. If you Google this title you'll get a link to Cannabis Culture Mag. The story is 2 parts.

Australian Bush Paradise

It's a good story and if true, it's a HELL of a story....and this guy REALLY needs to read it no matter what.

PS

I grew up in Central Florida. I used to catch snakes and gators, but HOLY SHEEEIT. Australia is NOT a place I want to be mucking about in the bush in a MJ patch. Way, WAY too many really BAD critters in Oz for me.
:sasmokin:

MT

PS edit add:

Here's a couple paragraphs from his summary of "Pests and Problems" I loved this section.

PESTS & PROBLEMS

When growing pot there are literally one thousand and one things that will go wrong in the season. Nasty little critters are a big proportion of that. This is a list of the more common pests and problems that I have encountered in the bush.

Kangaroos

The worst offender would have to be kangaroos. They eat the baby leaves, which stops the plants from growing. Last season the kangaroos and wallabies cost me about $50,000 in losses. There is only one way to deal with these bastards: leave some dead meat throughout the patch. Roos are herbivores, so the rotting meat keeps them away; blood and bone sometimes works, but every time it rains you have to put it out again. Usually what you have to do is shoot a roo and stake it to the ground in the patch. The problem then is that it attracts the goannas, six foot long lizards that are fierce meat-eaters, and dangerous. Goannas fight over the carcass, and flatten the pot plants, so it is a bit of a catch-22 situation. I've got a scar from a vicious bite from a goanna; bled for hours! I ended up just leaving an 'offering patch' for the kangaroos, isolating them in one area. Hurts a bit to do so; but alas, they were there first.

Parrots

Parrots are an unlikely pest, but they are terrible. They will not bother you if you have managed to keep the crop sensimilla, but if there is just one plant with just one seed in it, they will find it and strip that plant back to the stalk looking for more seeds, and once that's finished they will systematically move through the plantation looking for more. It makes you cry to get into the patch and watch 40-50 birds alight from the crop, and see colas and buds scattered all over the ground.

from what i know the story is true ,, i did read about it in one of the mags too although i havent met the guy named .. theres plenty of big crops grown down under , but its not easy work i can assure u ... looked like a lovely patch though ...
did u see all the probs the guy had ,, even ripped of by his family ,, shes a fun game growing cannabis , and will often bring out the very worst in folks ,,,
i e ,, greed .....
anyhow i wouldnt mind partenering up with old joe for a season , perhaps our friend on this thread could use his help aswell ,, lol ....
the bush is not a friendly place ....

pothead6

Joe Budden said:
The only thing I can think up is, FORGET about female seeds!! Grow all the plants keeping the males and make some top quality hash!! This is what the Morracans do!

How high are you above sea level?

now what idk i dont think its that much above sea level though

I know you want no negative vibes, but you said:

now the way im will be growing this is gg so it wont be my land so if the plot gets busted o well.

I hope it is public land and not belonging to someone. REAL BAD KARMA! You could cause some person's home to be taken. Not cool! It happens here on occasion.

Latest posts

Latest posts