What's new

500 Gallon Raised Bed Grow 2014

S

StanKDanK

Looking good, what's holding the horticulture trellis to the plant

It looks like its just draped over the plant and weaved in.. and branches with opposing forces tighten the net up and as they get heavier and bigger it will tie itself in tighter. Correct me if I'm wrong stank that's just what it looks like because I can't see any posts

^what he said lol

its my first year using hortanova trellis but im sure it will work fine draped over. I have bamboo stakes that I have used on a few plants so far.

epicorchard

^what he said lol

its my first year using hortanova trellis but im sure it will work fine draped over. I have bamboo stakes that I have used on a few plants so far.

If you get a chance check out my bamboo trellis. Its simple and cost effective. Even better if you can use welded wire cages on the inside.

But if you already have the boxes up, you might as well build a rectangular frame with 2x2's and then layer netting in horizontal levels 2 ft apart.

We've had a dry season, but if we have any heavy weather late in the season, you'll be wanting more than a single layer of netting to hold up your plants.

Hell yea epic u have a wonderful trellis system, and just like u said the best part is its simple and cheap to set up...for my trellis I just ripped 2x4's in half and pounded those 2x2's in the ground and made a square around the girls then put netting around them, but after seeing ur thread epicorchard I knew I went a tad overkill. Because i could of saved alot of work getting bamboo Lol....but yes stank I've seen guys drape netting like you have and still have problems when the shit weather rolls in and destroy things...that little extra stability of stakes with the netting helps a lot. In bud especially.

But respect man your girls look vigorous and beautiful you can tell there very happy. Good luck with everything man!!

S

StanKDanK

If you get a chance check out my bamboo trellis. Its simple and cost effective. Even better if you can use welded wire cages on the inside.

But if you already have the boxes up, you might as well build a rectangular frame with 2x2's and then layer netting in horizontal levels 2 ft apart.

We've had a dry season, but if we have any heavy weather late in the season, you'll be wanting more than a single layer of netting to hold up your plants.

^Did you use bailing wire to connect your bamboo together?

I checked out your thread and the bamboo setup looks good. I was thinking of building the square frame and trellising around that but never got around to doing it. I have caging on them but I dont like the welded wire because the holes are too small. I prefer the cattle fencing with bigger holes.

Meds215

^Did you use bailing wire to connect your bamboo together?

I checked out your thread and the bamboo setup looks good. I was thinking of building the square frame and trellising around that but never got around to doing it. I have caging on them but I dont like the welded wire because the holes are too small. I prefer the cattle fencing with bigger holes.

we're using re mesh wire 6" holes easy to set up so far i like it

dutchmasters420

Hey man would you mind explaining to me how the screen works? I alway see guys grow monsters and lay screens over them. Is it basically a scrog screen?

epicorchard

I buy 6.5' x 3,000' rolls for $630. And no, wont melt in the sun.

We* drilled holes and threaded the bamboo together with bailing wire.

C

caseyjones123

Am trying fall back asleep, figured make myself useful.
Maybe this will help some out here save some
Money
Check :Agtec trellis support netting $299 for 80" x 3280'
From agricultural solutions Llc.
This stuff is made right here in good ol USA. No reason to buy pricey hortanova made in Italy . Also hartoniave is name brand in high demand and overpriced because there is a shortage. They are also on back order it seems till aug 18th according to peaceful valley farm supply, the reason I chose Agtec as alternative. Agtec is a little thinner, almost easier to work with.

www.agriculturesolutions.com/.../netting...

theJointedOne

Veteran
the drape over works ok, but def has its flaws. All it takes is the weight of one side of the plant to get heavier than the other...boom, you have a wave of buds fallin over

imho, use some bamboo and make some proper trellising, its easy as hell and saves countless headaches

especially if this is your first time with hortinet

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
the drape over works ok, but def has its flaws. All it takes is the weight of one side of the plant to get heavier than the other...boom, you have a wave of buds fallin over........ especially if this is your first time with hortinet

Im using 1x - 7' heavy duty green painted metel garden post per plant, and wrapping 6' x 25' green horti-trellis around the plant, back to the post.
Im hoping this will do the trick. The 13' Blue Dream is just stretching by a week now and is growing fast. I may need to do a drape over with that beast. Or take 2x - 8' bamboo stakes and stake up all 4 main branches, then wrap the rest of the plant.

For a guerilla grow, I think 1 big strong post per plant should be just fine. What ya think?

Bulldog420

Veteran
On page 703 post # 10543 in the Large Plant Thread, Boobs posted up a picture of trellising that looks like it would work for the OP. Easy peasy.

S

StanKDanK

the drape over works ok, but def has its flaws. All it takes is the weight of one side of the plant to get heavier than the other...boom, you have a wave of buds fallin over

imho, use some bamboo and make some proper trellising, its easy as hell and saves countless headaches

especially if this is your first time with hortinet

yeah man I agree with the possibility of the off balance "wave of bud" scenario and would hate that shit to happen lol
So I have staked at least 4 or more bamboo pole in each bed and secured the netting trellis to the poles with bailing wire. Everything seems more secure now.
We got some rain yesterday and it was refreshing since having these 99f days for weeks

Latest posts

Latest posts