What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

5 Year Old Seeds (Did they Pop?)

BuzzBob56

...It's been getting down into the high 50s, low 60's some nights.

Things are changing here in Maine. They plan to release the license applications for rec. by year end.

50s and 60s outside, or in the garage? We hit 31 outside the other night. I saw temps around where I now have my seedlings in the low 60s; Made me concerned... Warming the area with a small space heater now.

Changing quickly here, too. Mostly with many "doctors" { Chiropractors, Psychiatrists. etc } signing Med Certs with minimal exam. I got my card/license-to-grow early on. Thinking the state may crack down eventually. { BTW: According the the doctor who did my "exam," I am now a Certified Psychotic! }

Fixer

Congrats on the diagnosis. I'm lucky enough to have a bad back so I qualify medically. :biggrin: In Maine anyone 21 and over can grow 3 mature plants and 6 immature plants.

50-60 in the garage over night. We've had a light frost. I just moved my autoflower plants out of the garage into the new Veg Room where they'll be warm. I love LEDs but the don't do much to increase the temp.

Attachments

• IMG_2612.jpg
    IMG_2612.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 19

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Looking good Fixer! I just noticed your question about the outdoors a month and a half back. Everything good here got 2 plants left to harvest, getting a little bit of purpling I think cause the colder weather.

Fixer

Nice frost on your buds AgentPothead. Good luck getting them finished before the hard frost!

Fixer

Trimming is a pain but the results :biggrin:! Are you growing indoors this winter?

Attachments

• IMG_2619.jpg
    IMG_2619.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2618.jpg
    IMG_2618.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 28

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Yeah I have a ton of strains I'm supposed to be sorting through and do some grow diaries, but I just keep growing GG#4 instead. :D

Fixer

I have a ton of autoflower seeds I going to try to grow out and get rid of before they are too old to be viable. I'm also be growing photos as well and have a plant limit so we'll see how many I get through. What do you like about the GG?

mack 10

Veteran
What's not to like?
Choco chem flavour with great body hit and heavy eyelid high.
Soo sticky..
Big ups Grizz and Mardog.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I'm really bad with the whole smoke report stuff, but GG just has this FUNK to the smell that is instantly recognizable, and it just smokes so damn good, super great high. I don't really know how to describe it better than that, they should have sent a poet, etc. :D

mack 10

Veteran
Get some if you can,
Good luck with your old seeds.

I also have a load of old seeds which I need to germ up asap.

Fixer

Sounds intriguing. As Mack 10 suggests, I'll have to find some seeds to grow. :tiphat:

I'm getting close to harvest and have five more Sour Crack sprouted and in rockwool. After this I have ten more seeds that I plan on growing out in two cycles. Then it's on to a variety of other strains that I need to grow. I don't know how I ended up with so many misc. seeds (damn you free seeds.):)

Attachments

• IMG_2627.jpg
    IMG_2627.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2626.jpg
    IMG_2626.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

mack 10

Veteran
You got some nice stalk size.
The right strain will do well in your system.
Try 6 plants in it.
Soon as the leafs touch each other,
Flower them.
(This should make them grow more as one stem, kind of straight up.)

Good luck on your next seed pop.
Very nice.

Fixer

You got some nice stalk size.
The right strain will do well in your system.
Try 6 plants in it.
Soon as the leafs touch each other,
Flower them.
(This should make them grow more as one stem, kind of straight up.)

Good luck on your next seed pop.
Very nice.

Thanks Mac 10, Sour Crack is supposed to be a good SOG candidate. How many of the 8 spots do you think I can fill?

I got bud rot in my early days when I filled the reservoir with plants. I didn't know enough to prune the plants and didn't have a fan, etc... I've bee afraid to over fill it ever since.

Attachments

• IMG_2633.jpg
    IMG_2633.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Fixer

the new seedlings are not lighting the world on fire. I think I may throw the rest of my Sour Crack seeds into paper towel and see what happens.

Attachments

• IMG_2708.jpg
    IMG_2708.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 32

Fixer

This latest batch of seedlings are anemic. I think I'm going to start over. I'm not sure if it's me or the seeds.

Fixer

I've got two sad plants. I've popped 5 more seeds into paper towel.

Attachments

• IMG_2772.jpg
    IMG_2772.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 31

Fixer

So I have my two survivors and 4 & 1/2 seeds coming in behind them. Second pic is of my photo plants under Sprectralux 6500K T5s and the autoflower plants in DWC hydro res under two MarsHydro LEDs. I've separated the two with an old florescent fixture.

Attachments

• IMG_2794.jpg
    IMG_2794.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2806.jpg
    IMG_2806.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 25

Latest posts

Latest posts