What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

5 Year Old Seeds (Did they Pop?)

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Flower they always thirsty, I have been watering almost every day on 2 of my plants they thirsty! Don't rush them, they will finish on their schedule, not yours :D

Fixer

Hi AgentPothead, I'm biding my time. I am going to start flushing this week after I find a jewelers loop. How are your plants doing?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I cut one indoor it's drying, outdoor I had to cull 2 who were male :( I haven't been able to get up to my outdoor grow as often as I'd like so more reacting to them than acting. I have never flushed personally, I've seen lots of opinions either way on it. I know there is a recent thread over here about it as well. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=364136 Good luck with your harvest that's the most fun till you get to smoke it :)

Fixer

Thanks Agent, I don't know who's right but I'm going to save on the cost of nutrients for the last week or two. Flushing is part of my ritual. How late in the season do you grow your outdoor plants until?:tiphat:

Attachments

• IMG_2300.jpg
    IMG_2300.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2302.jpg
    IMG_2302.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2301.jpg
    IMG_2301.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 22

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I let them go till they done. Last year I think harvested the end of september/beginning of october I think. And yeah if you doing hydro, save the nutrient money bro. I have been doing organic soil, so they pretty much only get water anyway.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I'm pretty sure it does yeah, I don't honestly know though. The most I had last year was a little bit of ice/snow in one of the pots that got put out. Date on the pic is 10-18-2018, which I'm pretty sure is when I had the last bit cut down by last year.
picture.php

Fixer

So I'm flushing and pruning getting ready for the harvest. The buds are frosty! The new plants are ready to take their place in the res. :dance013:

Attachments

• IMG_2349.jpg
    IMG_2349.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2347.jpg
    IMG_2347.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 21

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
It's hard to tell scale, but those look really squat and bushy. You might wanna raise the lights a bit more next time if you have the space available, it should make the plant stretch more and open up node spacing, which should let you get more light down to bud spots. They look healthy though and the seedlings looking good :)

Fixer

Thanks AgentPothead, I was thinking the same thing about the light. I'm used to growing in tight spaces so I've generally kept the light close to the plants but 12 1/2" is short even for these plants. I was able to get the tallest plant to spread out but the smaller ones had such short branches that it was difficult to train them. The seedlings took a hit. I let them stay too wet in the Tupperware. I should have cracked the lid sooner and let them breath. Its been a while. I've got to get my mojo back.

How are your outdoor ladies doing?

For the record I've got another 5 Mephisto Sour Crack Autoflower going again. I'll likely end up with 3-4 plants growing for approximately 63 days. Anyone have any pointers on how to start seeds in rock-wool and not end up with green algae on the wool?

Attachments

• IMG_2367.jpg
    IMG_2367.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2366.jpg
    IMG_2366.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2363.jpg
    IMG_2363.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Fixer

Well I've got a couple of plants growing but my experiment popping seeds directly into rockwool seems to have failed. 8 days and still no sign of life.

Attachments

• IMG_2430.jpg
    IMG_2430.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2429.jpg
    IMG_2429.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 21

Fixer

I've got a plant that looks like the last two and something new.

:chin:

Attachments

• Critical
    Critical
    69.7 KB · Views: 37

Fixer

They are slow this time around. It's too cold in the garage. I've got to get them into the grow room.

Attachments

• IMG_2574.jpg
    IMG_2574.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 22

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Just stumbled on this thread, good job man and congrats on getting back in the game. :good: I'll follow for the rest of the grow and smoke report. :lurk:

BuzzBob56

They are slow this time around. It's too cold in the garage. I've got to get them into the grow room.

Curious, what've your Temps and RH been like? I've been watching my temps, and concerned I may need some auxiliary warmth.

BTW: I'm a Mainer Living in Exile. Hoping to make a fall trip "home" next year... :dance:

Fixer

Hello JustSum Tomatos. Thanks for visiting! It's nice to be back and even better to be back where it's legal.

Hi BuzzBob, Temps have bee fluctuating. These plants are in a 18"x32" tent in a garage. It's been getting down into the high 50s, low 60's some nights. The temps have been all over the place in York County. I just grew the same plants and harvested then in 63 days from sprout which is what Mephisto says is appropriate. These are going to take an extra week or two. Things are changing here in Maine. They plan to release the license applications for rec. by year end.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts