What's new

5 pounds every 2 months?

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
I know it depends on the grower.. etc.. but what do you think would be the best method for trying to yield 5 pounds every 2 months.. lightning, system, etc...

I was thinking two 4x8 ebb flow tables with 60 plants in each table for a total of 120 plants. two 600 watt lights over each table. and of course a few mother plants to produce 120 clones every 2 months..

Strain: AK47

Any adive or comments is appreciated.

Thanks, Whodi

You would probably need to hit 1.25 lbs per 600W, so 2.5 per 4'x8' (1.2kW) / Month (Assuming perpetual flower/60 day strain).

At 60 plants, 2/3OZ per plant.

If you think x2 600W will cover the table like you want it to? Don't know here?

wickedpete66

I know it depends on the grower.. etc.. but what do you think would be the best method for trying to yield 5 pounds every 2 months.. lightning, system, etc...

I was thinking two 4x8 ebb flow tables with 60 plants in each table for a total of 120 plants. two 600 watt lights over each table. and of course a few mother plants to produce 120 clones every 2 months..

Strain: AK47

Any adive or comments is appreciated.

Thanks, Whodi

Any method will work. you just need a big room with lots of plants and lots of lights

I grow in a 4x4 hydrohut whether I do 6 plants scrog or vertical I end up with a pound using 600wt hps.

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Build "2" 14ft Long x 5ft Wide x 4in Deep beds, line them with plastic (no drainage), Fill them with Fox Farms Ocean Forrest, Run 4 1,000 Watters over each bed and filled each bed with 150 Grape Ape Clones.

In 62 Days cut, when all dry and trimmed welcome in say 15lbs of Purple goodness.

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i can do 1-2 lbs per month with a 1k on a mover. i never have more then 24 plants and never more then 28 day veg so i think you have definitely do what you are looking to do.

wsmith

i'm currently flowering 24 under a 1k in 4.5 gal pots, my plants are varying in age and strain this time but all about the same height with the exception of a couple old mother plants i decided to flower in order to use less power where i veg. i'm betting i can do 2lbs in that room maybe a little bit more if i'm attentive to things and don't slack off on stuff. i've got a few runs in already with this setup and i decided to do things differently this time and better as well so i'm expecting a good yield. i'm going to document this in my 2010 thread as it goes...i'm definitely going to learn a lot from this run it's a change for me running so many in there at once but i think i'm ready to deal with it.

Move Lights or More Lights. That is the question.

Move Lights or More Lights. That is the question.

Ok, so to maximize the yeild what would be better for a space about 8x10 (say he used a 24 pot ebb&gro) ... 2-1k on movers or 3-1k stationary? What would 2-1khps w/ 1-1kmh on movers do?:confused: Just trying to get down to what is more important, spending money on a light mover or just adding as many stationary lights as possible? Then we get into the quality of the components, ballast, reflector, bulb? Is a cheapo ballast going to produce as much as a quality one? :dance013:

Smokeone1

I just don't understand why side lighting is hardly every mentioned. Imagine a plant(s) getting hit with 600's 1000's at the top. And 100 -400hps hiting the side or bottoms. I have seen great results from this.

M

Mike Seed

I just don't understand why side lighting is hardly every mentioned. Imagine a plant(s) getting hit with 600's 1000's at the top. And 100 -400hps hiting the side or bottoms. I have seen great results from this.

My current setup is a 1000watt in a 4x4x6'5" area with 16 plants in 2 gal buckets. Next time around I am adding 2 T5's, 4ft 8 bulbs, 432watts mixed hps/mh to 2 sides of the area, for a total of 1864watts and will report back here how that makes a difference over the 1000 horizontal hung by itself.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
5lbs every 2 months..Get 2 4x8 tables with 2000 watts over each with a good hybrid strain(ak47/c99, ak47, chem 4, blue dream, etc), and you're done!!! You can do with w/o c02..You can do that in a 12x12 room, just have proper cooling, intake & exhaust, and good feeding. I've seen newbies do that much with just a lil instruction...Good Luck><

OP

Dankesthours182

this is all very interesting, ... i have five 23 watt cfls, and a 400 watt hps/mh switch ballast. i'm using ocean forest foxfarms, and i cant remember nutes, but all foxfarm, nehow,im wondering how much i may yield myself. I'm growing Mandala #1 and 8miles high outdoors into a few mothers, i'll choose my favorites (i have 2 of each) and then clone outdoors, and SCROG indoors, adding a straight topskunk 44 to soak up excess light (not expecting much from the 44, but i also have like six bagseed plants to supplement my overall weight. i haven't set my room up yet as i only started my mothers from seed a week or two ago... but i'm so lost......please help...

Dankesthours182

or i could try to SOG indoors and scrog / lst outdoors, either way, i'll be expecting at least a few pounds between all of this, maybe six? idk. I have 13 plants total as of now and i plan on leaving all of them outside, but cloning from 3 or four for a ScrOG,
but like i said, i'm so lost.... it's so rough with all the different methods. i figure if i can get my 4oo up top, then my 5 23wcfls can go below, on the floor, shining up into the lower leaves, or maybe replace a cfl23 with a 42 and 2 23s with 27s and simply hooking up the extra 23s for flower later on
idk.. dammit i've never been so confused. I've been studying (get this) for four years straight, on and off, tried to grow 3x, failures (busted by intruders), and now i'm getting.. idk, impatient, i guess, after trying so hard and never even having a yield..... now i don't know what setup to use, so many great ideas, but only so much $$$$$$$$$

_Dude

IMO most figures I read for watts per square foot are way off. They utilize only the strongest light and neglect all that useful, but weaker light at the periphery.

1K: at least 5' square, 5-1/2' or close to 6' is better.
600: at least 4' square, 4-1/2' or close to 5' is better.
400: at least 3' square, 3-1/2' is better.

IME, if you read a lot and have a decent head on your shoulders, you can pull .5 grams a watt with little or no growing experience without problems. But you have to read everything at ICMag or other decent forum that you can get your hands on (ICMag is enough but I don't want to be provincial, there are plenty of good forums around).

So, at the .5 g/w level of expertise, to get 5 lbs or roughly 2.25 kilos every 2 months, given an 8 week strain (AK's a good choice, finishes in 7 weeks if memory serves), you'll need about 4500 watts of flower power. You could go with 4 1ks, expecting to increase your yields a bit each time until you make up for the lack of those 500 watts, or 5 1ks, expecting to increase your yield and get more than 5lbs every 2 months.

As for method, I'd go with ebb and flow SOG. To run anything other than a SOG, you'd need a good bit of veg lighting on top of that 4500w of flower power. I was still getting the hang of growing bushes before I decided to go SOG, but I needed a 600 and a 400 to keep up with 2 1k HPS, and would recommend another 400 to be safe.

With a SOG, you wouldn't need any veg at all, except a 250 or maybe a 400 for your mums, and a couple of flouro tubes for your clones.

Note: one thing you have to watch out for is closet-grower bias. Most growers on forums work a small system with lots of TLC. Their main limit is space. So their experience is biased to their needs. If you're going to grow 5lbs per 2 months, you are quite far from most posters' experience.

You don't want to give too much thought to their nute claims, because they can afford to go all crazy on their 5 gallon res.

You don't want to give too much thought to their watts per square foot estimates, because they're trying to maximize what they can get with their small space, whereas you're going to be trying to get as much yield as possible from the 5 grand worth of equipment you'll be buying, while trying to keep your light bill as low as possible.

_Dude

What the hell, this thread's like a zillion years old lol. I knew I'd seen Whodi's name before. Oh well, only lost 5 minutes of my life lol.