5 pounds every 2 months?

O

ogatec

Fredhadgas said:
I think he is full of shit!

actually this is definiley possible with a big yielding strain. look at the #

6.5lbs=~2925g

2925g/2600w=1.125 grams/w

which is very doable in perfect conditions...

Last edited:

full time daddy
Veteran
vertically hung IT IS VERY POSSIBLE!!!!!!

he veg 17 days as well............

if i veg that long in the coil id prob hit unbelivable #'s to and thats with 2k adding in a 600 would just be that much more...dont even need a "big" yeilding strain or "perfect "conditions

O

ogatec

hehe looking @ some of those threads with the big yields, they are taking the "average" weight of thier plants in a perpetual system & using that number to determine the total yield. if i were to do that i would be getting WAY more than 1.5 lbs per 1000 which is my current yield.

lets see ave 5 oz per plant * 8 plants, WOW my new total yield numbers are 40oz per light...

full time daddy
Veteran
ogatec said:
haha good luck

no need for luck homie........... i hit 5 pounds with grape ape or purple urkle o most everytime with 2k and both are on the lower yeilding side......

5 pounds / 180 plants = a huge # of 12.5 grams per plant..........
not that hard to do........ :headbange

O

ogatec

00420 said:
no need for luck homie........... i hit 5 pounds with grape ape or purple urkle o most everytime with 2k and both are on the lower yeilding side......

5 pounds / 180 plants = a huge # of 12.5 grams per plant..........
not that hard to do........ :headbange

im not doubting you, those look like "perfect conditions" to me tho. ;) no-one is gonna be able to do that in their 1st harvest, is what i was getting at. 5lbs off of 2k might not be that hard for YOU but the average grower wont ever hit those #s

perhaps instead of using the word perfect i should say "ideal conditions", & by your yield # im sure your situation was close to "ideal".

Last edited:
Connoisseur300, that cab is sick. A lot of time and thought and experience was put into that cab... How stealth is it? I see a carbon filter, so no smell. What about noise from the fans?

Also, folks, 00420 is a moderator with thousands of posts here so if anyone knows what he's doing, it's him. But just to make sure, 00420, you're talking dry weight with those figures...?

:rasta:

full time daddy
Veteran
ogatec said:
im not doubting you, those look like "perfect conditions" to me tho. ;) no-one is gonna be able to do that in their 1st harvest, is what i was getting at. 5lbs off of 2k might not be that hard for YOU but the average grower wont ever hit those #s

perhaps instead of using the word perfect i should say "ideal conditions", & by your yield # im sure your situation was close to "ideal".

if ideal includes root rot & fungi nats :) my water temps are omost imposable to keep cool and the coils leak light that couse's alge in side of them... thats why i building some out of fiberglass to even get better yeilds

goodmangigabyte said:
Also, folks, 00420 is a moderator with thousands of posts here so if anyone knows what he's doing, it's him. But just to make sure, 00420, you're talking dry weight with those figures...? :rasta:

not only dry but with stems cut out ......
once i do get "ideal conditions" i bet it easyly doubles
i have hit 20-30 grams a plant in the coil running 1k for a 60 site when i went from 1 60 site to 3 60 sites and added the 2 light my conditions went to shit....
but yield did go up so i keep running it that way :rant:

*edit*....... just for fyi it is a lil more then 2months more like 70 days i do veg 5 days and flower 65days... :badday: this last round i only got around 3 pounds as i lost 60 of the 180.... and you could be right or wrong on doing it your first grow.... i have seen it go both ways with newb's its all on how much home work you do be for trying

Last edited:

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
well, my job now is to try to figure out how to maximize yields in a homebox xxxl with two 1k sunmasters. i have been piecing together hardware to try to optimize conditions. what would be the best plant to sq ft ratio? the tent is roughly 4x8 and i have a 12000 btu portable a/c to stick in there. i can also exhaust the hot air from the lamps now. i picked up a vortex the other day. its not a big one but my funds were lookin funny so the 4" is all i got(for now)...... my last crop came in at right around 2lbs with the 2 1ks. but its was almost impossible to keep the temp and humidity in the right place. i havent yet tried the hydro thing yet. i do pretty much all organic right now so ec and water temps arent what i need to focus on. (right?)

i have been waiting for an active thread discussing yield. this should get very interesting. i hope somebody here will be kind enough to drop some hints and tips on me to maximize this upcoming crop.

oh yeah, the strains will be djs f13, blockhead, and djs otm.

whodi

Veteran
Not bad, swamp.

A lot depends on the strain. I pick ak47 because it is a good yielder, very potent, and clones easily.

How many plants do you have going in there?

You might want to try getting some type of ebb & flow system setup in there. I bet you could pull 2.5 to 3 pounds at least.

I was thinknig about getting two of those homebox's. each one housing 2k lights and a 12 system ebb & flow bucket. Run one box for 12 hours, when that shuts off, run the other box for 12 hours. That way you don't have 4k lights going at the same time. And I was also wanting another smaller homebox for a veg room.

This should get me 5 pounds every 2 months without having to have a lot of plants like SOG. More plants you have, the bigger the penalty is if busted. So 24 plants vegging while 24 plants are flowering sounds good to me.

Last edited:
00420- i was wondering what kind of medium you use for your coli, and feeding method. do you use all the plant sites? have you tried co2, and if so what were the results? there's just not enough info on those beautiful machines!

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
goodmangigabyte said:
Connoisseur300, that cab is sick. A lot of time and thought and experience was put into that cab... How stealth is it? I see a carbon filter, so no smell. What about noise from the fans?

Also, folks, 00420 is a moderator with thousands of posts here so if anyone knows what he's doing, it's him. But just to make sure, 00420, you're talking dry weight with those figures...?

:rasta:

Thanks for all the kind words. It is somewhat stealth when the fan(175 vortex) is on low but other than that it's not as stealth as I would like. But.... I have plans to change that in a couple of months. I just keep the door locked for now.
This blueberry was harvested yesterday froim the cab.

full time daddy
Veteran
not trying to high jack

not trying to high jack

this is my way of 5 pounds every two months.....like the thread ask's ........

africanherbman1 said:
00420- i was wondering what kind of medium you use for your coli, and feeding method. do you use all the plant sites? have you tried co2, and if so what were the results? there's just not enough info on those beautiful machines!

yes i use all the plant site and this next round i am going to put 2 clones per site

for medium i have ran

100% perlite (#6 the chunky) no net cup's (2nd best yeild's so far )
same perlite in net cups and ran it "aero" ( lost 60 do to algee )
filled with hydroton no net cups (best yeilds but cant handle the weight as you stack multi rings this is one reason im building new ones outa fiberglass)
netcups with hydroton "aero" ((lost crop do to pump burning out)

i have all the co2 gear to run.. but untell i get the room into shape and running right theres no reason to even turn it on.
feeding method is never the same do to medium.

HAPPY FROG

Anythings possible there's a couple locals here getting 5# per 4x4 tent 1k light co2 nutes some t5 side lighting in the tent only 12 plants and those numbers are dried wieght and it is foreal

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
I do 5 pounds every 2.5 months out of two tents a 4x8 and a 5x5 with 12 strains. 3k of light, in soil.

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im trying for 45 pounds from 15 plants by the end of the year. MPB!

My first build is in the build section!

Latest posts

Latest posts