What's new

5 pounds every 2 months?

whodi

Veteran
I know it depends on the grower.. etc.. but what do you think would be the best method for trying to yield 5 pounds every 2 months.. lightning, system, etc...

I was thinking two 4x8 ebb flow tables with 60 plants in each table for a total of 120 plants. two 600 watt lights over each table. and of course a few mother plants to produce 120 clones every 2 months..

Strain: AK47

Any adive or comments is appreciated.

Thanks, Whodi

G

Most nearly Anything is possible when one is skilled...................(within reason that is). Your lighting is coming up short at 64 sq ft with 2400 watts. That gives you a mere 37.5 watts per square foot AND the 600's have an efficient foot print of 3' x 3'= 9 sq ft. 50W is an accepted median number, my 600's, as arranged give 66W psf.

Perhaps a little more study is in order. 3 foot by 6 foot with 2x600, super performance.

U can do it!

TyStik

Stealthy

whodi said:
I know it depends on the grower.. etc.. but what do you think would be the best method for trying to yield 5 pounds every 2 months.. lightning, system, etc...

I was thinking two 4x8 ebb flow tables with 60 plants in each table for a total of 120 plants. two 600 watt lights over each table. and of course a few mother plants to produce 120 clones every 2 months..

Strain: AK47

Any adive or comments is appreciated.

Thanks, Whodi

2400 watts to produce 5 lbs per two months!!?? My advise would be to add more lighting and a couple more e&f tables to start...

Last edited:

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
If you don't know much about growing, then I don't see you getting more then 1lb per 1k lighting.

What matters is environment, and by that I mean: temperatures, humidity, lighting, co2 (don't get caught up on co2, often its not worth the trouble) and nutrients.

Hydroponics or organics, if done properly will feed your plants properly. Don't get the wrong idea that hydro is better and yields more; a myth IMHO.

Research how to setup a good grow room, look at your spaces, air intakes, power available & most importantly, your budget.

G/L

mysticls

guy on another site has a vertical setup with 2600w and did 6.5#

32 plants i believe

8x8 room 2 x 1000w and 1 x 600w vertically hung

veged until 17 inchs tall or so

Heavy SOG. numerous plants. short veg. and use 1ks. not 600s

but people whos only motive is money will never prosper. i man grow the ganja for iself and nevver sell even a leaf of herb.

i take plenty time with plants and give dem proper love +attention.. something that is hard to impossible to achieve with big grow..

quality always take priority over quantity..at least in my book.

Last edited:

whodi

Veteran
mysticls said:

32 plants i believe

8x8 room 2 x 1000w and 1 x 600w vertically hung

veged until 17 inchs tall or so

What's the link?

O

ogatec

Ty-Stik said:
Most nearly Anything is possible when one is skilled...................(within reason that is). Your lighting is coming up short at 64 sq ft with 2400 watts. That gives you a mere 37.5 watts per square foot AND the 600's have an efficient foot print of 3' x 3'= 9 sq ft. 50W is an accepted median number, my 600's, as arranged give 66W psf.

Perhaps a little more study is in order. 3 foot by 6 foot with 2x600, super performance.

U can do it!

TyStik

[x] correct answer

G

STEALTHY, THATS FUNNY THAT LINK YOU POSTED ON THE VERTICAL GROW !

SHE IS A MEMBER HERE ON (ICMAG) HER SCREEN NAME IS (GREENLIGHTS)!

full time daddy
Veteran
3-5 every two months strain depinding

other then that id say a drip bucket set up like this but your looking at 3-6 lights
(this pic was as i was building the system ) you would want more of corse

Last edited:
Y

yamaha_1fan

tenfeetofganja said:
but people whos only motive is money will never prosper.

Why hate on the commercial growers?

Run those tables with 2 1000's per table and you'll probably pull a little over 6 pounds.my 4x11 tables are on track to pull 5-6 pounds per table before any major tweaking (c02, bloom nutes, etc)

BlindDate

Veteran

32 plants i believe

That comes to 1.1 gpw. A very good yield for an expert grower.

Whodi.....The best way to estimate how much you are going to get is by your wattage. Figure about .5 - .7 grams per watt for AK47. Since you are a beginner, I would calculate towards the low side, so 2400 watts will get you 1200 grams or about 2.6 lbs. Ty-stik is correct, your lighting isn't going to cut it for a 4x8 table. Go with 1000 watters and you just might make your 5lbs once it's dialed in.

1 pound a month with 1600 watts perpetually here...i could probably double my yield if i wanted to work or needed anymore smoke lol

stoney419

tenfeetofganja said:
Heavy SOG. numerous plants. short veg. and use 1ks. not 600s

but people whos only motive is money will never prosper. i man grow the ganja for iself and nevver sell even a leaf of herb.

i take plenty time with plants and give dem proper love +attention.. something that is hard to impossible to achieve with big grow..

quality always take priority over quantity..at least in my book.
hows this for never prosper i am shooting 10 lbs every 2 weeks 14400watts

ok just go with a SOG 4 plants per sq ft you can use 2 600s on a 4x8 table no problem i am doing it and getting 3 lbs per table but if you want to use only 600s you need a light mover and you need to vent the lights but i am planing on going to go to 3 600s with no mover so i can get 5 lbs per table

Last edited:
O

ogatec

stoney419 said:
but i am planing on going to go to 3 600s with no mover so i can get 5 lbs per table

it will probibly be closer to 6 lbs per table, with higher quality nugs for sure!! ;)

hurricane

stoney419 said:
hows this for never prosper i am shooting 10 lbs every 2 weeks 14400watts

Good luck and please document your grows. Assuming thats 4 flower rooms harvested on a 2 week rotation, your running, 6x600 = 3600*4=14400W.

10lbs(4536 grams) from each 3600W room(1.26G/W) will require a serious ammount of expertise from the grower. So dont let us down by not documenting it.

edit: you also need veg space, i hope that 14400W was only the plan for flowering lights and not lights, AC, dehumi, fans, pumps, etc. Then you would sound downright silly

Hurricane

Last edited:
G

For a 5# room i would say go with at least 3K watts mixed spectrum. MH+HPS for flower will do wonders for quality and even quantity. I'd say a dense array of recirculating bubbler buckets. add lots of air. Or a super dense ebb&flow table.

Latest posts

Latest posts